bladder problem

teanbean

Earning My Ears
Hi, everyone:

My 14 year old has a bladder condition and I am wondering what considerations are made--if any--regarding beds. We are staying at the Dolphin from the 16th of March until the 23rd. I noticed that fridges are free for meds--just wondering about a free cot for his condition????? Look forward to hearing from anybody.

I am not sure about this, but it's worth a try.

A note from your child's doctor might be a good place to start. Maybe the note might contain info on the symptoms of the condition, explanation, etc. Then maybe a quick print out from the internet on some problems that might be encountered when dealing with the condition. You might contact the manager of the hotel through mail with all of your accumulated information and ask for what you might need. This is my first thought on the subject.

How much are the cots? Even if you have to pay, it would probably be better for your vacation ease and success. I hope you have a great time. I have the bladder disease interstitial cystitis. It does not cause me the kind of problems that I assume your child has, but it makes for a rough vacation. We returned from WDW on Nov. 26 and I feel like I visited every bathroom in every park. Thankfully WDW has the GAC or I would never have ridden any ride, I would have had to get in and out of the line 3 or 4 times.

Hope you all have a great time.
Cheryl

Why not go to a medical supply store and buy some blue pads to put on the bed.

Not hard to deal with.
All the WDW hotels have rubber protective sheets for their beds available thru Housekeeping. All you have to do is request them, along with an extra set of sheets. Dolphin is on Disney property, but is not managed by Disney, so I would suggest you contact the hotel directly and ask. Most large hotels have rubber sheets on request though; they don't want a wet bed any more than you do. You don't need a doctor's note or any complicated explanation to get them. If you actually want him to sleep on a cot, they might have "roll aways" available; ask for one of those and rubber sheets for it.

Some other options are the blue protective pads that Michigan mentioned. You should actually be able to find them in places like Walgreens.
This might not help for your trip (since it might mean washing wet underwear) but this company has nice products for incontinence that look like regular underwear. You can also buy "Goodnights" (pull-ups for older kids) available in sizes up to 125 pounds.

Hi: Thanks for your suggestions. I have requested a cot and extra linen for my son. He prefers not sharing a bed with his brother and had asked about renting a cot. I'm sure everything will be fine. Once again, thanks. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter