Black Swan... quite possibly

I didn't think it was the worst movie ever.

But, I kept waiting for something to jump out at me to support all of the buzz and the Oscar. Nothing ever jumped. :lmao:

It was just meh to me.

I enjoyed it very much. It was disturbing and very dark, but the acting was amazing. I thought Natalie Portman totally deserved the Oscar.

Went with my Mother's league. We ALL loved it. We went out to dinner after and talked about it through dinner. Do you know the story of Swan Lake? Are you a fan of ballet? I think they definitely had a specific audience in mind. It had several levels. Girls sexual thing was overplayed in the media, I agree. Portman's peers gave her the Oscar, not like she's old and overdue, kwim?

Its a chick flick-esp for those who apreciate Ballet

Cant imagine any GUY wanting to watch it:confused3;):confused3

I just rented it from redbox and I am about to pop it in .. I am sure hubby will fall asleep fast:lmao:

It's not a casual film. We were on the edges of our seats through some of it.

When it comes to movies I have come to the conclusion: if it gets a lot of hype and awards, I will hate it; If it gets horrible reviews and everyone says not to see it, I am going to love it.

There are obvioulsy exceptions to every rule (The Kings Speech for one) but if I go see the opposite of what everyone is talking about I usually end up happy.

My dad and my brother-in-law thought it was great. And neither of them are into ballet. I know a lot of guys who liked it, actually.

Not a chick flick at all.

And I thought it was terrific. Those last 15 minutes were intense. :scared1:

I hated it. Aronofsky doesn't know the meaning of 'subtle' which works for something like RfaD but not at all for BS. The movie was suprisingly amateur I thought.

I was NOT a fan and cannot fathom why/how Natalie Portman was given an Oscar for that mess.

We had an "Oscar week" a few weeks ago and watched a lot of Oscar movies (Black Swan, The Social Network, The King's Speech, The Fighter). Of them all, The King's Speech was by FAR the best and an outstanding movie. Colin Firth...just wow!

Black Swan just had me rolling my eyes and waiting for it to get good. I am POSITIVE the same fate will befall the upcoming TREE OF LIFE by Terrence Malik (the one with Brad Pitt in it). I've hated almost everything Malik has ever done (especially The Thin Red Line...worst movie ever), but the critics tongue bathe every one of his films. I find them to be self-indulgent nonsense.

In conclusion, Black Swan=blech.

Since DW watched "The Wrestler" with me a couple years ago I had to watch "Black Swan" with her. BS was OK; not great and not awful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter