Black Friday shopping. What did u get?

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
Online today with the sales.
Macy’s. Columbia vest for DS
Skull game. Walmart for DS
Kohl’s sweats for 4 peeps, gloves for DS, washcloth for SIL and filler to get $15 kohl’s cash.
Car accessories. Walmart for ME
Everything free shipping.
Will watch for pot/pan for DD college apartment next year.
Will watch for $100 apple gift card deal.
Possible - watch for TV deal for basement.

Target: 5-piece luggage set for $55 (shipping is free). I needed new luggage (well, the 28" case is getting beaten up and needs to be tossed)
Target: Amazon FireStick for $19.99

I'm going to check out Best Buy or Target for movies too. I still need to get a chromebook for myself.

Kitchen Aid 6Q Professional Mixer from Costco $249 (not really BF as it's been on sale all month)
Instant Pot Duo 9-in-1 from Amazon for $69.99. I really wanted the 9 function, but you can get the 6 function for cheaper elsewhere
Some gifts for DH (PS4 game, wireless Beats earbuds)

And that's it.

Usually, I have many things to pick up, so I have been delaying buying the KitchenAid for years. But this year, I discovered Penzey's Apple Bread recipe, and the dough is so thick, my little Sunbeam couldn't take it. DH liked it so much he told me, "You better buy the mixer this year." The Instant Pot finally dropped in price to where I was comfortable. I need it because after 10 years of living at altitude I miss properly made rice (and hard boiled eggs - I get close most of the time, but I stress about it).

A griddle for DH from Target (plus a couple other, smaller Target items)
We're doing a Royal Caribbean cruise next year, so I took advantage of the Black Friday discount to book the refreshment and internet packages. It was still pricey--there are 6 of us going--but I'll take any bit of discount I can get.

I may look more tomorrow, but I don't need a whole lot. I'll check out the Lego website for something for my youngest.

Gloves from Kohl's.
Gloves from JCP.
The Big One throw.
Dish towels.
Gloves.
More gloves.
I was serious in the other thread. I'm giving everyone Cheesecake Factory gift cards and keeping all the cheesecake gift certificates for myself.

Comforter that I wanted at Macy's but Macy's did not have the king size in stock. I really wanted this comforter so I did a google search to see if someone else had it on sale for Black Friday and I did and it was less than the Macy's Black Friday sale price. I also got 2 day free shipping for being a new customer and it arrived yesterday! Also earned $7.20 cash back from Rakuten.

Also got a quilt from the Macy's pre black friday sale that was $52 less than what Kohls wanted for the same quilt and earned $8.60 cash back from Rakuten. It too arrived yesterday.

Last edited:

I got DS the Nintendo switch bundle at Best Buy for $299. Also had an Amex offer for $30 back.

Dd is getting AirPods from google for 119.I had hoped to get another pair for myself at Walmart for $129 but they aren’t available. Bought them for $134 or something at amazon.

Got Dh a toaster from kohls along with some clothes for the kids and some new under armour shirts for me. They seem to rarely go onsale. I have $60 kohls cash to use which I will use to get Dd some boots she has been asking for.

I would like to get 2 hydroflask bottles at Dicks but the page won’t load.

Roku+ from Target
Chi spin and curl from Target
Sony wireless headphones from Target
Health & Beauty stocking stuffers from Target
Ninja foodie grill from Kohls

I got :
- 10 movies from Target/Best Buy/Amazon (for my movie loving son - he's getting a shoe box of wrapped Blu Rays and DVDs)
- 2 yards each of 6 nice cotton colorful fabrics and a poly fil bag from Jo-Anns (for my daughter who wants to try to hand sew stuffies - my mom got her the sewing kit already)
- A Mario Odyssey Switch video game from Walmart (other daughter)
- A Switch memory card from Amazon (same daughter)
- Retro Battleship from Walmart (other son who said he loves board games - and I think this will be fun at Xmas)

I need to find some high end apple tea deals and chocolate deals for my daughters, but I'm willing to wait and buy in store in December for fresher product...and I've been waiting for a better Bath and Bodyworks deal and a Lush deal for them...and I need a computer chair and a gumball machine with gumballs for my boys, but not hurrying for that, in case that kid decides he didn't really want it...also, I figure that one grandmom will be sending money for all these, so I'll wait to see what she sends and plan accordingly...

I'm pretty much 90% done shopping, and no junk this year:).

"Big" gifts were handled easily (except for youngest, who is getting the shoebox of movies) - oldest got 1-on-1 driving lessons (just got them set up to start in late December - not cheap, but OH SO NEEDED), 2nd got a Kitchen Aid mixer (she wanted it badly...and so my mom gifted me hers and all her unopened accessory boxes b/c she never used it, so that was a blessing), 3rd wanted a laptop (so is getting my spouse's hand-me-down, since my spouse's mom got him a new laptop for his birthday, so another "free" big gift blessing), and 4th just wants everything movies and every movie on the planet (he also wants Disney+ and movie tickets, so not sure if this is the year I do the Cinemark or Regal scripts for him)...

PS - And I just got a year of Hulu for $1.99/month for the year...giving up cable after Xmas season, so figure might as well have something new to watch then:)...

EDIT: And tomorrow, we restock the alcohol in the house at the annual 20% off sale - aka, my spouse gets to buy his Xmas gifts for under the tree:)...

Last edited:
I picked up a couple of monitors and a new color laser printer from BestBuy earlier in the week, since those deals started early. And a desk chair and dual monitor mount from Amazon Warehouse's 20% off sale that also started earlier this week.

Then this morning, I picked up DD a memory foam pillow at Kohl's. It was a doorbuster that didn't start until last night.

I haven't bought anything else, at least not yet. I'm debating a soundbar, wireless keyboard, and a bluetooth speaker, but none of those are things I really "need", and I feel like I shouldn't spend just because I can. At what point do I say enough is enough??

(Black Friday shopping is pretty much all about me LOL Most gifts have been purchased already, or aren't anything that will be on sale Black Friday. See's Candy, I'm looking at you!)

Last edited:
2 PS4 games from Gamestop online for my brother in law when their sale started last night at 9pm.
Queen sheet set, throw blankets, 2 for 1 dog treats, bones, and cat litter from Meijer. We ran out at 6AM just for this darn sheet set and I feel bad darting out to buy stuff for the house but... 1200 thread count! I'm gonna be so comfy tonight.

I got a Galaxy Active 2 from Costco a couple weeks ago and price matched it yesterday.
Kirklands has 25% off the entire site, so I finally picked up a piece of art I've been on the fence about (fuzzy cow canvas, not expensive, just not really necessary lol)
I also got SeaWorld Fun cards for me, DH, and adult stepdaughter.

Online today with the sales.
Macy’s. Columbia vest for DS
Skull game. Walmart for DS
Kohl’s sweats for 4 peeps, gloves for DS, washcloth for SIL and filler to get $15 kohl’s cash.
Car accessories. Walmart for ME
Everything free shipping.
Will watch for pot/pan for DD college apartment next year.
Will watch for $100 apple gift card deal.
Possible - watch for TV deal for basement.
Best Buy has $100 iTunes gift card (physical or digital) for $80 right now.

Wal-Mart
Beats Solos 3
Two Roku Ultras

Target
Shark Vacuum
Handful of stocking stuffers

Amazon
Apple Pencil (1st Gen)

Dick’s Sporting Goods
HydroFlask 20L Cooler Tote bag

Best Buy
$100 iTunes Gift Card

Have to go to Target/Wal-Mart for PS4 Plus gift card, iTunes discounted cards and a PS4. I had been going back and forth on a streaming device for older DD who is moving to Seattle for a year. Finally settled on the PS4 so that she could also play games online with her younger sibs but by the time I stopped waffling (I was leaning towards an Apple TV) they were all gone online. I feel fairly confident I’ll be able to get one before Christmas. Now I just need to decide if I want to brave the madness tonight or wait for tomorrow.

I love this week for shopping. So many deals, not just on stuff, but on experiences and services you might need or want to try. I've been dying to give up my Cox triple play b/c it's so pricey. Getting Hulu today for $1.99 for 12 months and the Ooma telephone package with 2 receivers for $40 off makes my move towards canceling my whole package by Christmas much more possible:). (And the bonus offer of 3 months of SlingTV at 40% off, vs the regular one month, to go with a 1/2 price 4k Fire stick, which I bought pre-Black Friday, will only help more - gonna hold off on using that bonus offer til New Years, since I have til Feb 20 to activate...and no need to activate while I still have cable for football)...

Last year, I bought my family summer theme park tickets to Busch Gardens on an incredible deal.

Ralph Breaks The Internet Blu Ray / DVD Combo, $7.99 (Best Buy)
Norton 360 1 Year Subscription for 5 devices $10 (Walmart)
XBox One S Star Wars Bundle, $144.99 (Amazon), It was $159.99 minus a $15 off $60 promo from Chase for using $0.01 of Chase reward points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter