BJ's renewal - has anyone found a discount?

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
I think the 45.00 is a little steep...

According to their records, we spent 6,000+ there last year.
I'm not thrilled about having to pay a fee to spend money (and also ringing up my own order and providing my own bags)

They should be paying me :rotfl2:

So, has anyone found a discount on the memberhip fee?

dizkids

DIS Veteran
I've been a member with BJ's for 15 years and have never seen a discount. I do recall they periodically have offerred 1 free month where you may get 13 months instead of 12.

dis-happy

DIS Veteran
Good heavens, go for the more expensive upgraded membership that gives you 2% back on all your purchases and they will be paying you! We always get back more than our membership costs us.

• npmommie

<font color=red>Channels George Michael in her car
    yes! get the upgraded membership that gives back 2%
    I did that when I renewed last year, the first 6 months I earned by $60 I just got the check,
    so i imagine by the next 6 months I will make at least that, which means the membership fee is covered plus I come out ahead, :thumbsup2

you will easily come out ahead if you spend that much there too.
    oh i wanted to add, the rewards membership is $80

Jen_in_NH

<font color=deeppink>waffles and snow seem to go t
    Check to see if any organizations you belong to have a discount on membership. I get mine for $35 for 15 months through the union.

The Disney Bunch

Disney Fiends!!
    Check with a local school - I got ours for I think 15 months for about $35 - was a great deal and the school benefited.

• Cruz Family

DIS Veteran
    What I do is let my membership run out and usually with in a month or so I get a coupon inviting me back for $25. When I go to renew my membership, I always insist my expiration is moved up to the current month. I cant say for sure they still do this but they did as of last August.

fofinia

DIS Veteran
    What I do is let my membership run out and usually with in a month or so I get a coupon inviting me back for $25. When I go to renew my membership, I always insist my expiration is moved up to the current month. I cant say for sure they still do this but they did as of last August.
    I've done this the last two years. I just let it expire and then BJ's always sends me a discounted renewal form. Well not this year. I waited 4 months!!! I guess I wasn't a good enough customer! Dh's parents ended up giving us a gift certificate for BJ's so we used that to pay the renewal. But I was like you and looking for a discount back in January. I never found one that I could use.

silmarg

SIL
    They are opening a new BJs in my town in a couple of months.

I am hoping they offer us some sort of discount.

MissMichelle

DIS Veteran
    yes! get the upgraded membership that gives back 2%
    I did that when I renewed last year, the first 6 months I earned by $60 I just got the check,
    so i imagine by the next 6 months I will make at least that, which means the membership fee is covered plus I come out ahead, :thumbsup2

you will easily come out ahead if you spend that much there too.
    oh i wanted to add, the rewards membership is $80
    I've been telling some of the regulars this at our club ( I am a BJ's Customer Service Manager) and you'd be shocked at what people pay---I spent OVER $10,000 last year there! OUCH! But I own the rewards membership so I make that fee back PLUS soooo much extra. So you CAN get your membership free if you spend $4,000 or more there ($4000 at 2% back is your $80 membership fee with rewards). But people also need to know that the 2% isn't valid for cigarettes, gas or alcohol which I have found seem the be the reason they spend so much at BJ's.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News