BJ's renewal - has anyone found a discount?

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
I think the 45.00 is a little steep...

According to their records, we spent 6,000+ there last year.
I'm not thrilled about having to pay a fee to spend money (and also ringing up my own order and providing my own bags)

They should be paying me :rotfl2:

So, has anyone found a discount on the memberhip fee?

I've been a member with BJ's for 15 years and have never seen a discount. I do recall they periodically have offerred 1 free month where you may get 13 months instead of 12.

Good heavens, go for the more expensive upgraded membership that gives you 2% back on all your purchases and they will be paying you! We always get back more than our membership costs us.

yes! get the upgraded membership that gives back 2%
I did that when I renewed last year, the first 6 months I earned by $60 I just got the check,
so i imagine by the next 6 months I will make at least that, which means the membership fee is covered plus I come out ahead, :thumbsup2

you will easily come out ahead if you spend that much there too.
oh i wanted to add, the rewards membership is $80

Check to see if any organizations you belong to have a discount on membership. I get mine for $35 for 15 months through the union.

Check with a local school - I got ours for I think 15 months for about $35 - was a great deal and the school benefited.

What I do is let my membership run out and usually with in a month or so I get a coupon inviting me back for $25. When I go to renew my membership, I always insist my expiration is moved up to the current month. I cant say for sure they still do this but they did as of last August.

What I do is let my membership run out and usually with in a month or so I get a coupon inviting me back for $25. When I go to renew my membership, I always insist my expiration is moved up to the current month. I cant say for sure they still do this but they did as of last August.

I've done this the last two years. I just let it expire and then BJ's always sends me a discounted renewal form. Well not this year. I waited 4 months!!! I guess I wasn't a good enough customer! Dh's parents ended up giving us a gift certificate for BJ's so we used that to pay the renewal. But I was like you and looking for a discount back in January. I never found one that I could use.

They are opening a new BJs in my town in a couple of months.

I am hoping they offer us some sort of discount.

yes! get the upgraded membership that gives back 2%
I did that when I renewed last year, the first 6 months I earned by $60 I just got the check,
so i imagine by the next 6 months I will make at least that, which means the membership fee is covered plus I come out ahead, :thumbsup2

you will easily come out ahead if you spend that much there too.
oh i wanted to add, the rewards membership is $80

I've been telling some of the regulars this at our club ( I am a BJ's Customer Service Manager) and you'd be shocked at what people pay---I spent OVER $10,000 last year there! OUCH! But I own the rewards membership so I make that fee back PLUS soooo much extra. So you CAN get your membership free if you spend $4,000 or more there ($4000 at 2% back is your $80 membership fee with rewards). But people also need to know that the 2% isn't valid for cigarettes, gas or alcohol which I have found seem the be the reason they spend so much at BJ's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts