Biscuit's Grand Adventure | An epic tale three decades in the making!

It was the best of times. Papa had another surgery yesterday and is recovering well. No complications so far for which we are thankfully giving God the praise.

It was the worst of times. Many of you may recall me mentioning my cousin and his wife last week. Due to complications, they had to do an emergency C-section a few weeks early. Since then, their son has had a host of medical problems and today was diagnosed with Cranio-Cerebello-Cardiac Dysplasia. (Or 3C Syndrome). I was not able to find much information, but what I did find was sobering. They have a long and difficult journey ahead of them. As always, your prayers are appreciated.

Have a great night my friends. I’ll be in and out for a couple of days, but still hope to update this week.

Hey GB, I'll be up your way this Sat., my son has a meet in Belton. :goodvibes
Awesome! I hope he does great! I don't know yet what our schedule is for the weekend. I'll try to find out tonight. (Been a bit crazy this week. Having trouble sleeping again...makes my brain a bit foggy.)

It was the best of times. Papa had another surgery yesterday and is recovering well. No complications so far for which we are thankfully giving God the praise.
Yes! Praise God for his well being. :goodvibes

It was the worst of times. Many of you may recall me mentioning my cousin and his wife last week. Due to complications, they had to do an emergency C-section a few weeks early. Since then, their son has had a host of medical problems and today was diagnosed with Cranio-Cerebello-Cardiac Dysplasia. (Or 3C Syndrome). I was not able to find much information, but what I did find was sobering. They have a long and difficult journey ahead of them. As always, your prayers are appreciated. I will be sure to lift them up. Give them my best GB.

Have a great night my friends. I’ll be in and out for a couple of days, but still hope to update this week.
Thank you GB, same to you. I hope the rest of your week goes well, don't work to hard.

Awesome! I hope he does great! I don't know yet what our schedule is for the weekend. I'll try to find out tonight. (Been a bit crazy this week. Having trouble sleeping again...makes my brain a bit foggy.)

I hate that, I'm usually up all hours of the night any way, it's become a way of life for me. Whoo-Whooo, just call me night-owl. :laughing:
I hope that you get some sleep, I pray that your sleep be a super natural sleep, and that God will super charge your energy levels tomorrow. :goodvibes
Be blessed, GB.

It was the worst of times. Many of you may recall me mentioning my cousin and his wife last week. Due to complications, they had to do an emergency C-section a few weeks early. Since then, their son has had a host of medical problems and today was diagnosed with Cranio-Cerebello-Cardiac Dysplasia. (Or 3C Syndrome). I was not able to find much information, but what I did find was sobering. They have a long and difficult journey ahead of them. As always, your prayers are appreciated.

that 3-C syndrome sounds very serious.....prayers before i go to bed.

Thank you GB, same to you. I hope the rest of your week goes well, don't work to hard.[/COLOR]
Thanks! It's been interesting working the helpdesk. You rev up to full RPMS and go barreling for a while, then slam on the brakes and sit idle.

I hate that, I'm usually up all hours of the night any way, it's become a way of life for me. Whoo-Whooo, just call me night-owl. :laughing:
I hope that you get some sleep, I pray that your sleep be a super natural sleep, and that God will super charge your energy levels tomorrow. :goodvibes
Be blessed, GB.
I appreciate it. I'm definitely ready for Saturday.

that 3-C syndrome sounds very serious.....prayers before i go to bed.
Thanks Jordan!

Prayers of thanksgiving for your Dad and prayers of need for your cousin and family.
Thansk Vanessa!

Praying for your cousin and his family...
Thanks Denise!

I appreciate all the prayers!

Prayers coming their way!!!:hug:

I'm so sorry about your cousin's baby...adding my prayers.

Episode 73 - Dancing and Doozies

Previously on Biscuit's Grand Adventure, moods were improved, dining was delightful and all the Biscuit's went for a soar. When last I left off, our tribe had just finished riding Soarin and was preparing to transition from Epcot to Disney's Hollywood Studios. At some point along the way, the girls wanted to take a picture with their penny album. I think this may have been along the ramp outside The Land, but I'm not certain. (I need a GPS tracker on my next camera.)

78900020.JPG

As we passed through the entrance plaza, we paused for one more photo before heading to the busses.

78900024.JPG

After a 10-15 min wait, a bus arrived and we made our way to our regular seat in the back. The ride was uneventful and we soon arrived at our destination. By the time we made it through the turnstiles, it was getting pretty dark. I broke out the light sticks , got them glowing and strung them onto the little necklace type stringy thingers. (I did this every night except for the first one, but this is the first time I bothered to write about it.) I gave the girls the lowdown on the attractions that were open for EMH and let them chose. They quickly decided that our next stop needed to be The Voyage of The Little Mermaid. That had loved it the first time we saw the show back on day two and they wanted to do it again.

When we exited the theater, the thumping of a dance beat hit my ears. It was coming from the Playhouse Disney live theater. I knew I should know what it was, when suddenly the dim lights of remembrance began glowing in my brain. It was the Playhouse Disney Dance Party that Zzub had written about in his TR! We stopped in and it was INSANE! It was loud, foggy, bubbly, blinky...in short it was a kids paradise! The girls LOVED it in there.

When we first arrived, we just sort of wandered around in bewilderment while the girls acclimated to the venue. Before long though, both girls were hugging characters, dancing and hula hooping.

DSC01507 (1).JPG

DSC01510.JPG

DSC01519.JPG

DSC01524.JPG

We saw some folks making balloon animals over by the side wall and the girls each wanted one. Tracy and I took turns trading off line duty and after 45 minutes, finally made our way up to the table. Hailee wanted a dog on a leash and Tahli wanted a flower.

DSC01527.JPG

By the time the balloons were finished, we had all had our fill of the place and moved on to other things. .

Notice the posted wait time. 60 Minutes. The line was outside the building so I figured it must be so. BUT I also knew that if we were going to go on this attraction it had to be now. First however, there was the matter of refreshment to attend to.

After a quick survey of our surroundings we located Hey Howdy Hey Take Away. I surveyed the menu and spotted an item I had read about often here on the Dis. I ordered up the girls, the one, the only:

DSC01538.JPG

Itzakadoozie Ice Pop

Tracy and I each elected to go with the Coke flavored Wheezy's Breezy Freezy .

Mmmmmmmmm.

DSC01539.JPG

Turns out, Hailee like mine better than hers so after about 3 sips out of it, I wound up trading with her.

But I must say the Itzakadoozie was quite tasty.

We finished up our snacks and got in line for Toy Story Midway Mania. The line was still outside the building and the wait time still said 60 minutes. It seemed to be moving fairly quickly though and soon we were inside were I was surprised to see empty queues. LOTS of them. They only had the outside edge open. Before we knew it, we were at the loading dock and our 60 min wait wound up being only 20. WOOHOO! Have I told you lately how much I love EMH?

I wound up riding with Tahli and we had a blast. My approach was to simply pull the cord as fast my arm would go and hope for the best.

DSC01566.JPG

I was all for another ride but the girls were not as keen on the idea. (Their arms were tired apparently.) Instead they wanted to hit up The Great Movie Ride. Yeah...I know...I had vowed to avoid it all together this trip and was now about to go on it for the 2nd time. What can I say? I was there for the girls and that's what they wanted.

A quick hop skip and jump later and we were once again winding through the deserted bowels of the imitation Mann's Chinese Theater. When arrived in the main holding room, the doors to the loading dock were closed. There was NO ONE in sight. I wondered for a bit if the place had shut down early. Eventually a CM came in and advised they were only running one car and it would be back in about 5 min.

By the time we boarded there were all of 6 people with us. We wound up getting to sit on the FRONT ROW! Which I was pretty excited about as I'm always in the back. We were right next to the driver and so got a front row seat for all of the gangster shenanigans. I didn't break the camera out though. Hailee was getting tired so I held her through most of the tour and just relaxed and enjoyed it.

Once we were done, EMH was ending and it was time to head out. We wandered unhurriedly back to the entrance plaza and wound up on a nearly empty bus. Along the way however, I was assigned a mission. It was a task of upmost importance. If you recall back in Episode 69, when we stopped in the Wilderness Lodge Mercantile after our meal at Whispering Canyon Café, both girls had purchased Kooky Pens, but only Hailee had purchased a Kooky Lanyard. At some point on the way to DHS, Tahli has decided that she wanted one as well. However, she wanted the green lanyard. We had browsed through a couple of shops on the way to Voyage of the Little Mermaid and couldn't locate any green ones. Tracy remembered they sold them at Wilderness Lodge so I selflessly volunteered to go out the next morning to pick one up. (Of course I just HAPPENED to find myself in a park at rope drop, well then I'd just have to suffer for my little princess.)

We arrived back at the resort and soon had everyone settled in for the evening. I dumped off the photos, showered and set out all my stuff for the next morning. I set my phone for 8 and drifted off with a grin. Little did I realize the adventures I was destined to have, nor the disasters they would threaten to entail. Would I make it to rope drop? If so what park would it be? And would I find a green Kooky lanyard? I could tell you now. But that would be getting ahead of myself.

Coming up on Episode 74 - Extract Me From This Infernal Apparatus!

Last edited:
I've heard that DHS EMH was extremely busy. Did you find this was not the case? Perhaps it's time of year? How late was the park open for EMH?

TSM sounds like a great attraction.

Thanks for letting us know to stay far, far away from Playhouse Disney;)

Oh I can't believe I missed this. Your cousin, his wife and their son are in my prayers, I am so sorry.

YAY for Papa doing well.

EMH at DHS is the bomb! We'd have never ridden TSM without it (teens being rope-drop avoidant and all).

Actually EMH is the bomb, period, for my crew.

What a great evening!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a great evening! I had no idea about the Playhouse Disney party, is it only on EMH nights? My kids would have loved it!

I love the picture of the girls with their penny books. I can't count how many pictures I took of the kids holding theirs throughout the trip!

EMH sounds like it was a blast! So neat your girls enjoy the pressed pennies so much, Piper has a few from places we've been, and I've found a giant tube of mini m&m's for her stocking..score! Now you have me all excited to see what happens in the next update.. popcorn::

Whoa! you guys had a blast for sure! you got the very SAME seat that we did on the GMR!! We had a gangser too :)

78900020.jpg
Wow.. that is a beautiful picture of your little princesses!

They quickly decided that our next stop needed to be The Voyage of The Little Mermaid. That had loved it the first time we saw the show back on day two and they wanted to do it again.
I am so glad that SOMEONE enjoys this attraction. I find it terribly outdated. The only reason I sit through it, is to see Ariel sing her famous song. I think they could do so much more with that space.. something updated. I feel better knowing that some folks are still enjoying it!:rolleyes:

It was the Playhouse Disney Dance Party that Zzub had written about this in his TR! We stopped in and it was INSANE! It was loud, foggy, bubbly, blinky…in short it was a kids paradise! The girls LOVED it in there.

I've never heard of this! Thanks for sharing... my little one would lOVE it!

The line was still outside the building and the wait time still said 60 minutes. It seemed to be moving fairly quickly though and soon we were inside were I was surprised to see this.

DSC01543.jpg
:woohoo::woohoo:They were totally trying to turn people away with a scary wait time and a line out the door. Good for you for not falling for it and getting a sweet wait time!

By the time we boarded there were all of 6 people with us. We wound up getting to sit on the FRONT ROW! Which I was pretty excited about as I’m always in the back. We were right next to the driver and so got a front row seat for all of the gangster shenanigans.

That sounds fun... yes, fun on the Great Movie Ride!

Can't wait to see what happens with the lanyard!

Great Update GB!! :thumbsup2I usually do a.m. EMH at DHS just so I can squeeze in extra TSM rides ! :cool1:That was huge hit with the family in Sept. !! Now to the GMR ,personally I love it :love:,s I was thrilled when Kyle did too!! I fact he rode it 5 times at least !!It was a great filler while the girls did RnR and ToT !!!DHS is the families favorite park !! :cool1:It is not mine as I LOVE :love:Epcot the mostest!!! But DHS is moving up the list fast especially with the new menu at FairfaxFair !!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter