Birthdays and Pins, Buttons & Stickers

Alex2kMommy

<font color=purple>I'm going a little nutso myself
Could somebody explain to a 1st Timer a bit about the difference between birthday pins, buttons, and stickers? I know you can get a birthday sticker by going to DL City Hall (and somewhere in DCA, I forget...) I've seen several posts mentioning a birthday button as well (ie. asking for one at the front desk of an onsite hotel), and mention of pins in the birthday bucket...I'm assuming the cloissonne-type pins that folks trade?

This will be our first trip to DL, with two boys age 5 and nearly 2. Our youngest will turn 2 during our stay. We're apparently getting lanyards and some sort of pin as part of our package, and I'd be interested in getting a birthday pin for the youngest, and probably Toy Story pin(s) for the 5-year old. Can we buy these? Or will they give out birthday pins?

What is the birthday button? How is it different from the birthday sticker?

Oh, and I read somewhere to ask for pins in each 'land' of the resort, because each area has its own pin; am I misunderstanding? Do they just give out pins to the birthday kids?

A birthday sticker is a round sticker given out at city hall when someone says its their birthday. A birthday button is a large round pin given out at anyone of the disneyland resort hotels.
Regarding asking for "pins in each 'land'", I'm not sure what you are talking about. The only pin they give out for free are birthday buttons. I believe if you make a purchase over a certain amount the first sunday of the month, you get a free pin. I think there's also a curent promotion if you spend over x amount of money in certain restaurants you get a pin for free as well.
There are many places where you can buys pins, as in the ones for trading. I don't believe that's what they hand out for birthday pins though. Regarding the pins you get in your pacakge, you can trade those. Dh and I gave ours to our 2 kids who traded them for what they wanted.

OK, the button and sticker thing is making more sense now, thank you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter