Birthday Promotions

Where do you get the button? My bday is 9/26 and we will be there 9/25-9/29.

Sometimes the resort check in desk has them or you can get one in Guest Relations at the parks.
I was their with an elder friend a few years ago. She was celebrating her 79th birthday which was the month before. She wore her button a few days and got a couple Happy Birthday wishes. At Mama Melrose's in HS she was given a white paper chef hat with Happy Birthday written on it. I can't remember if we ordered dessert and they put a candle in it or if they brought over to her a dessert but they did have a candle and sing to her. She was so happy.
(She had never been to Disney before and wanted to say she went. Twist my arm to bring her. LOL)

Sounds like a lot of people celebrate something and go to Disney. We will be there in November as our 25th Anniversary is the 5th but we can't get there until the 16th. I'll get anniversary buttons and most likely wear them the whole week. Although we are going with my girlfriend and her husband so I'm sure it will be odd when there are rides that my friend and I already discussed swapping husbands based on interests of kind of rides. And even odder if my husband and her husband go on rides together. I guess we will have to think about this. I'm sure we will confuse people.
:lmao:

For birthdays, anniversies, honeymoons, and other celebrations . . .

1) It is a matter of the CM's personal initiative.
. . . depends upon how much they like you as a guest
. . . it always helps to wear a Happy Birthday button
. . . depends if they feel like doing anything special today
. . . depends upon the phase of the moon
2) CM's can do a lot, or they can do nothing at all - they have immense control.
. . . they are under no obligation to give goodies
. . . they are under no obligation to even acknowledge your special day
. . . but, they can go way overboard and give lots of gifts to a guest
. . . list the event on the ADR or hotel ressie, and hope for the best
3) The CM's have a lot of leeway of things to do or not do for you if they wish
4) Some of the things a CM can do for free are
. . . table with Mickey confetti
. . . best table location
. . . special personalized menu
. . . character-autographed birthday cards
. . . balloons
. . . wine or champagne or Shirley Temples
. . . appetizers or desserts
. . . cakes
. . . cupcake with candle (almost always available for the asking)
. . . placemats autographed by characters
. . . free appy or free dessert
. . . ride an attraction with a character
5) Other items CM's can give for free
. . . room full of balloons and/or flowers
. . . fruit basket or wine basket in hotel room
. . . individual fastpasses or booklets of several fastpasses
. . . food and snack items (candy, popcorn, sundries)
. . . room uogrades
. . . attraction rides with characters
6) If you want something special (cakes, etc) buy them instead of hoping for them.

NOTE: Hundreds or even thousands of folks are celebrating everyday
at WDW. If they gave an item to all of them it would be too much time
and too much money.

I was just there and got the following for my B-day(Was wearing the button).

1)On one ride, I was allowed to enter the fastpass line when he saw me in the regular line.
2) We got a free dessert at the Main Street Bakery (Paid for the others)
3) Dinner at BOG I got to have the Grey stuff of course, and also a birthday card from Belle and Beast
4) Hundreds of Happy Birthday wishes from cast members and guests alike.

Nothing was expected. In fact I only wore the button because my DD asked me to and she wore a celebrating button. It was a fun day. I'm pretty sure nothing is given and it's supposed to be a way a CM can spread a little magic if they wish.

We are going to be in the MK for my daughters 5th birthday :cheer2: does anyone know of places there that may do something special for her (or a free dessert)?!

Could be anywhere. BOG will serve her The Grey Stuff as a special item. Free desserts can come from any CM. For my daughters 9th birthday she got a huge ice cream sundae from the gentleman working the register at POFQ food court.

Birthday questions for you all my birthday is the last of our 7 day trip would it be wrong for me to wear a birthday button all week? I'm so excited haven't been to Disney in 5 years and I actually get to be there on my birthday:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I'm just so excited!!!!

I'm going to WDW for a week and I'll be wearing my birthday button all week (we check-out on my birthday). Since it's my first time as well, I get a "My first visit" button too (I believe).

I'm going to WDW for a week and I'll be wearing my birthday button all week (we check-out on my birthday). Since it's my first time as well, I get a "My first visit" button too (I believe).

Yes you can get both. You just have to ask for them sometimes.
IF the resort doesn't have them at check in, go to Guest relations at the parks.

I like the expect nothing and you just never know if Pixie dust will appear.

I spent 9 days in the parks just recently, wearing a birthday button (my actual birthday was on our last night - but you don't have to actually have your birthday while there...DW's was a couple days before the trip started, and she wore won - it's whatever you are celebrating really...)

I don't recall getting too much for "freebies" but didn't expect anything anyways. Got a LOT of "Happy Birthday!"s from cast members, and even other guests!

DW and I had dinner at Artist Point over at the Wilderness Lodge, and had an amazing server, Keith, and he brought us champagne framboise. That was probably the only freebie.

On my actual birthday we had dinner at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, and at the start of the show at one point I looked up from whatever I was doing and suddenly found Claire de Lune in my lap...don't know if that was from the button or I was just an easy target...

No, absolutely not. Wear that button ALL week. Many people get their button if they're there to celebrate their birthday even if it's not on their actual birthday.

I second this...WEAR IT ALL DAY EVERY DAY! Our trip in 12 days is a vacation but also to celebrate my graduation from college (FINALLY!!) from way back in May! But you know what - I'm wearing that "I'm Celebrating" button and my graduation mouse ears every day I'm there!!!! :woohoo:

Yes you can get both. You just have to ask for them sometimes.
IF the resort doesn't have them at check in, go to Guest relations at the parks.

I like the expect nothing and you just never know if Pixie dust will appear.

Thanks for the info!

I'm going with a friend, and I think she made sure to let them know that it was my first time and my birthday!

I second this...WEAR IT ALL DAY EVERY DAY! Our trip in 12 days is a vacation but also to celebrate my graduation from college (FINALLY!!) from way back in May! But you know what - I'm wearing that "I'm Celebrating" button and my graduation mouse ears every day I'm there!!!! :woohoo:

Congrats on graduating college! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter