Bill at checkout??

bartty

Mouseketeer
We will be making our first trip home this coming Nov. Have a silly question, when you receive the bill at checkout, do you have to pay anything?

Thanks,
Bartty

Sure ... if you had any "charge to the room" purchases, internet usage charges, phone charges ... ?

If you charged anything to your room key(food,drinks,tickets,etc) then your credit card will get billed or you can pay with cash at checkout.

There is no charge for your DVC stay. It was taken care of with your DVC pts.:D

I'm guessing that you mean the Express Checkout statement. Since you will only get express checkout if you provided a credit card at check-in, any charges made will already have been made on your card and you will owe nothing and won't have to go to the desk before leaving. Any charges added after that statement was prepared will still be charged to your card also.

If you didn't provide a credit card at check-in, you will still have to settle your account in some fashion.

Enjoy!

You will need to leave a credit card with them at check in or I suppose you can leave cash(never heard of it) but I don't see why not. If you do not do either you will not be able to charge anything, there is no such thing as having a bill that you can pay later, everything is done here and now. What happens when you give them your credit card they will charge(put a hold) on your card for $1500 making sure you have the credit, when you use that much up, they will put another 1500 hold on your account, etc, etc, There is no real account with WDW or DVC like your question infers, I think that is what you are asking.

Everyone here is great! As you can see, I can't wait to go home! Thinking of everything too far in advance :) I have officialy turned into a disboard addict!

Hot tip of the day...............
If you plan on calling anyone buy the prepaid phone cards. There won't be any charges. It's a 1-800 access # and there are no charges for that.

I do believe you can leave cash and work it off the card that way. I do remember reading that.

We bring very little cash with us if we are going to be pretty much right there. Sometimes as little as $50-100 for a whole trip. The room card pretty much takes care of it.

Happy planning!:wave:

Originally posted by msdis
Hot tip of the day...............
If you plan on calling anyone buy the prepaid phone cards. There won't be any charges. It's a 1-800 access # and there are no charges for that.

Are DVC resorts different than WDW hotels? We paid $0.75 per call for our 1-800 calls at WL last month.

Check out for us is always $0.00. One time at BWV we had a .75 phone call but they said forget it. We do use cell phones and do not room charge though. Beats the typical $6000 bill we would pay for a 2BR at VWL or BWV if not a member.

Are DVC resorts different than WDW hotels? We paid $0.75 per call for our 1-800 calls at WL last month

Yes they are. I cannot speak to the 800 number calls, but other calls made are at reduced charges. For example, when we hook up our laptop and use the dial up service for internet, each call is only $0.35 as DVC members, rather than the .75 at the regular resorts.

Also on another note, if you opt for the high speed internet with the $9.95 per 24 hour charge and you change resorts, you can carry over the balance of your 24 hours. We did this in June when moving from SSR to BCV.

800# calls are free for DVC members staying on points, local calls are 35 cents.

And if you are staying on cash some nights even though you are still DVC and your other nights are on points you will still be charges the .75 for each call for the cash nights.

Better yet, use your cell phone and skip the hotel phones altogether :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter