Biggest Loser 9 Spring Challenge -- thread closing -- see new thread Part 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening. I'm shocked- for a Monday after break today was awesome! No recovery room visits, no restraints, no radio calls. I worked out with my trainer today and I have no muscles left in my body. It feels good.

So... I am officially losing weight for my wedding! Aaron and I talked, and we are tentatively setting a date for next June. (As in 2011.) WE are planning on the week after school lets out.

Congratulations!!!

Flipflopmom--:grouphug: sending good thoughts your way.:goodvibes

Qoftheday--I like my smile, and I've been told my bootie isn't too bad.;)

Here's a nsv--I no longer have to remember to pull my jeans out of the dryer when they are still wet. I actually have to leave them in the dryer to shrink up a little!

Have a great day everyone!

Extra hugs and good vibes :goodvibes to those who are needing love due to stress or sickness.

QOTD: So yesterday we talked about trouble spots, today I want you to tell me what you like best about your body. Why is this spot your favorite?

I have lots of spots I love, my waist that is reappearing, my strong bum and leg muscles, my crooked-teethed smile. But my favorite part of my body are my scars. Even my stretch marks--they come from my babies. I especially love this giant scare on my left side--it is huge and annoying when tags rub on it. It is from donating my kidney to my brother. It gave him a few more years of life. What a privilege for me...

Have a great day and find a reason to laugh. :goofy:

Good morning. I'm going to have to do the same as yesterday and get the QOTD on here and come back later to read and reply. Darn it anyway, people here at work think I'm actually here to do my job in the morning.

QOTD: So yesterday we talked about trouble spots, today I want you to tell me what you like best about your body. Why is this spot your favorite?
Jeez, Lindsey those coworkers should know the Dis is #1!

I'd have to say my hair is my favorite. It's nice and thick, and I'm happy with my cut. It too doesn't change with my weight. I think as I'm aging, my legs would be the best part of my body. They seem to get the most workout, and my torso seems to be thickening.

Hope to see you at the Princess in 2011 -- mikamah and I have talked ourselves into do that too! :cool2:
Ahhh!!! If it's posted on the dis, we must make it happen!! We can do it!!!! :cool1:

Running shoes $120, WISH shirts $50, crossing the finish line at WDW --priceless!
Sounds like you have a great plan. I love this!! I can't believe I'm actually thinking of running a half marathon. You, corinna, princessbride, and so many others have inspired me so much.

I got out of work a little early for some me time, but 90 minutes goes by way too fast. Have a great afternoon.

Jumping in to say I'm back and will get caught up on the results posts tonight!

I enjoyed vacation, and did okay with food, and took the stairs instead of the elevator on the ship and was fairly active, but drank far too many tasty beverages that were loaded in calories.:scared1: I was up 6 lbs when I did a quick weigh-in this morning, and now will have to start knocking it all back off.

I enjoyed Carnival, but it is definitely less than Disney (which makes sense as it costs less than Disney). Dining room service/food was as good as DCL, but entertainment and ship layout were not up to Disney standards. It was still a good trip and I feel like I got what I paid for. I'm really looking forward to my next Disney cruise in 2011:cool1:

We had a great time on our excursions. We did a SeaTrek Helmet dive in Cabo San Lucas. I was nervous going into it, but it was really cool water around under the water. We say a bunch of fish, a seahorse and a small eel. I'm actually very scared of snakes/worms/anything like that, so the eel was neat but I was happy it was small (about2ft) and that it stayed inside the rocks and did not come out.
Here's a pic of me & DH under the water, with the safety diver behind us.
104651.jpg

In Ensenada we went kayaking to LaBufadora blow hole. I've only done kayaking on lakes before and it was great doing it on the ocean. It was pretty wavy to get out from shore, but it was FUN! Here's a pic of DH & I with the blow hole shooting off behind us.
101735.jpg

After I get the results posts done, I'm hoping to go back and see the QOTD I missed.:goodvibes

And I'm really hoping that by tomorrow the land will stop moving! I did not expect to keep feeling like I'm on the boat for this long after getting off of it. :(

Hi Guys!
I seem to have lost my way -- will you take me back? I'm not even sure how it happened, but I seem to have stopped working out, and I'm not even trying to count my points anymore...it's been a rough week, and if I thought it was an option, I'd quit. :rolleyes1 But, I just gave away all my bigger clothes and bought new smaller ones, so now I have no choice but to get my act together or go around nekkid! :eek: I feel like I need babysteps, someone to tell me today just do _____, tomorrow add_____, until I get it back together. Ridiculous, I know, but I seem to have that kind of mentality...
Maria :upsidedow
Maria, of course you can always come back here! Can you add back your favorite parts of your weight loss regimen first? Whether that's running or a Wii game or favorite healthy foods. It sounds like you're starting well today with counting your food points.

Good evening. I'm shocked- for a Monday after break today was awesome! No recovery room visits, no restraints, no radio calls. I worked out with my trainer today and I have no muscles left in my body. It feels good.

So... I am officially losing weight for my wedding! Aaron and I talked, and we are tentatively setting a date for next June. (As in 2011.) WE are planning on the week after school lets out.
Congratulations! And I'm glad to hear about a good first day back at school.

Saturday, my tooth started hurting. Sunday, it was throbbing. I didn't sleep Sunday night, in tears. I got to the dentist yesterday, and a tooth he had filled last year had developed a crack, and it has abcessed, as well as the one beside it. I had my first root canal 4 years ago, and the tooth didn't make it a year after that. They are that brittle. (grinding, hereditary, pregnancy sickness for 6 months with 2 kids) So I now have to have 2 teeth extracted, plus the one that had had the root canal that broke off.

#1, I am only 34, I don't want to start having false teeth already. (vanity) #2. This pain is worse than mid labor pains. Seriously. I am taking sooo much pain medication just to stay on top of it, I'm scared I'll OD.
#3. I only have 3 sick days left after taking 3 weeks off when Daddy had his surgery and passed away. I wouldn't go back and take less, no way. But I hope I can get away with only needing 3 days. I need it done soon, so I can't wait until summer vacation.
#4 I am also scared about what this will do to my weight loss. I felt so bad yesterday, I just cried all evening. No exercise AT ALL yesterday. I am supposed to run today, but I don't know if I can take the pounding or not. Unless it improves A LOT today, I know I can't. I am eating more carbs, b/c I need something in my stomach with all this med. I know I'll probably have to take a week off from exercise when I do have the surgery, but maybe I won't be eating much then....
#5 We do have dental insurance, but I am scared at how much this will cost.

Added to my personal pain - Mom did something to her leg yesterday, not sure what. She can't walk. My father in law had knee replacement surgery a month ago, is recovering nicely. The same day, my MIL came down w/ shingles and has had a relapse, plus some kind of gallbladder infection or something. Mom and the in laws are my babysitters, so I am afraid I'll have to take some days to take care of DD2.

DD1's back is still bothering her, and she accidentally gave her little sister a black eye while playing a game with DH..

I am really, really stressing here. I still haven't seen my TOM friend, that usually arrives on the 20th, 21st, but sometimes stress will make me a few days late. I PRAY that's all it is. Send some :goodvibes my way, please!
Oh my goodness - you've been going thru a lot! If you can't run, but have enough energy to move - I would stick with some form of exercise. Working on strength training may benefit you the most because muscle will raise your metabolism, which will come in handy when you can't exercise. Do you have a friend you can take outdoor walks with? That would probably help your mood the most. Or solo outdoor walks with some favorite music or podcasts. As for the carbs, maybe a smaller amount with some PB or a handful of nuts? I know if I need to settle my stomach, I reach for crackers, pretzels or toast, which don't fit daily into an eating plan. I would cut yourself some slack in this area - not a free pass to eat anything you want, but realize that you need to eat these foods to take your necessary medications.
You are having a lot of the same feelings I had when I had my knee surgery - worried about weight gain, sad about the permanent scar/fake tooth... Hang in there - things will get better. HUGS! :hug:
I'll bet it's just stress that is delaying your TOM. After the Princess Half, mine was 4 days late (different kind of stress).

As for me, I am really frustrated about my current pattern - I don't have PMS anymore, it's DURING TOM - that entire week I have headaches and cannot get control of my eating. I don't know how to stop this because I literally cannot stop thinking about food for more than a minute. I can chart my food but I'm way over each day. Vegetables sound gross to me, I can force myself to eat fruit, but mostly I want carbs and treats. I'm frustrated that my hormones sabotage my healthy eating 1 week out of every 5. I know that I have the power to force myself to stay on plan, but I can't seem to put that into practice when I'm feeling like this.

QOTD 3/22: Do you have what you would consider a "trouble spot"? Is there anything you are doing to spot reduce it even though we are often told that spot reduction doesn't really work? And if so, is it working?
I have a little bit in the love handle area and my upper thighs are wider than I'd like. My upper arms have always been big. But my worst trouble spot is my eyesight/perception. I'm 1 pound from goal, fit into much smaller clothes than before, have a healthy BMI, and I'm not satisfied with the way I look. I know I look better and I'm certainly more confident about my appearance than when I was heavier, but I only feel happy about my looks if I am wearing a flattering outfit or something. I still see photos of myself that I think look too big. I had thought that when I got to goal I would be pretty content with my appearance - and I am, about half the time. :upsidedow

QOTD 3/23: Favorite spot?
Waist and calves. My waist was one of the first spots to come back when I started losing weight and it's great. My calves are almost to the tone level of six-pack abs. For some reason I don't store fat there and have an easy time getting definition to the calf muscles.

Not to sound ungrateful -- my boss just announced she is providing takeout lunch tomorrow -- I will get to order off the menu, but there's no way anything I order will be as low as my diet meal -- I guess I'd better rethink my dinner tomorrow to balance it out...

I know she's trying to do something nice since we're all so stressed, but her timing...I just started doing what I'm supposed to! Well, I guess I can order a salad and bring my yogurt and veggies from home, maybe it won't be too bad...

Maria :upsidedow

QOTD: I'd have to say my hips! Never thought I 'd say that but that was what went first doing the elliptical when I got started. The only problem with that is my jeans look like they are hanging off my hips! Even my size 8s.

I was doing well and then just had to have a Swiss Cake Roll! Going to drink a lot of water tonight. I'll get back on the elliptical in the morning. Got to go to a meeting tonight that I will probably still be at for the beginning of BL. I did give 2 massages today. Home all day except for taking the girls to dancing and theater class. Hot water heater is being installed in the morning. Not sure how long that will take so I will start the elliptical and if he finishes early enough I will get back on it. I will also do some WATP upstairs.

I'm up about 5-6 pounds from the weekend! YIKES! Oh well, I'll work hard the rest of the week. Going to Cheesecake Factory for supper on Friday night so I will save up calories all day that day. Saturday I have to give 2 massages and Sunday is DD1s first communion. I think we're having a cook out at a friend's house afterwards so I will have to save up for that as well!

Have a good evening everyone!

DOing 6 massages this week so far so it's going to be a good week!

Congratulations on setting a date! I LOVED planning my wedding. Two years of planning was perfect for me!!

Saturday, my tooth started hurting. Sunday, it was throbbing. I didn't sleep Sunday night, in tears. I got to the dentist yesterday, and a tooth he had filled last year had developed a crack, and it has abcessed, as well as the one beside it. I had my first root canal 4 years ago, and the tooth didn't make it a year after that. They are that brittle. (grinding, hereditary, pregnancy sickness for 6 months with 2 kids) So I now have to have 2 teeth extracted, plus the one that had had the root canal that broke off.

#1, I am only 34, I don't want to start having false teeth already. (vanity) #2. This pain is worse than mid labor pains. Seriously. I am taking sooo much pain medication just to stay on top of it, I'm scared I'll OD.
#3. I only have 3 sick days left after taking 3 weeks off when Daddy had his surgery and passed away. I wouldn't go back and take less, no way. But I hope I can get away with only needing 3 days. I need it done soon, so I can't wait until summer vacation.
#4 I am also scared about what this will do to my weight loss. I felt so bad yesterday, I just cried all evening. No exercise AT ALL yesterday. I am supposed to run today, but I don't know if I can take the pounding or not. Unless it improves A LOT today, I know I can't. I am eating more carbs, b/c I need something in my stomach with all this med. I know I'll probably have to take a week off from exercise when I do have the surgery, but maybe I won't be eating much then....
#5 We do have dental insurance, but I am scared at how much this will cost.

Added to my personal pain - Mom did something to her leg yesterday, not sure what. She can't walk. My father in law had knee replacement surgery a month ago, is recovering nicely. The same day, my MIL came down w/ shingles and has had a relapse, plus some kind of gallbladder infection or something. Mom and the in laws are my babysitters, so I am afraid I'll have to take some days to take care of DD2.

DD1's back is still bothering her, and she accidentally gave her little sister a black eye while playing a game with DH..

I am really, really stressing here. I still haven't seen my TOM friend, that usually arrives on the 20th, 21st, but sometimes stress will make me a few days late. I PRAY that's all it is. Send some :goodvibes my way, please!

Life is throwing you a MAJOR curve ball! Take some time for yourself, some time to try to destress. Set up some emergency babysitters if necessary. Call friends and other relatives to help out. Get the teeth taken care of! It is super important! Don't worry about the bill for now... just get feeling better. And hopefully the boss will be understanding.

Things will look better in a few days......:hug:

Good morning. I'm going to have to do the same as yesterday and get the QOTD on here and come back later to read and reply. Darn it anyway, people here at work think I'm actually here to do my job in the morning.

Well... my hair is okay (still naturally blonde in my 40's without too much gray) and I have nice slim fingers and wrists and ankles. My butt isn't too big, but it is too jiggly. That's what coms to mind first!

Extra hugs and good vibes :goodvibes to those who are needing love due to stress or sickness.

I have lots of spots I love, my waist that is reappearing, my strong bum and leg muscles, my crooked-teethed smile. But my favorite part of my body are my scars. Even my stretch marks--they come from my babies. I especially love this giant scare on my left side--it is huge and annoying when tags rub on it. It is from donating my kidney to my brother. It gave him a few more years of life. What a privilege for me...

That isn't a scar.... that is a permanant BADGE OF HONOR!! What a wonderful thing you did for you DB.

I enjoyed vacation, and did okay with food, and took the stairs instead of the elevator on the ship and was fairly active, but drank far too many tasty beverages that were loaded in calories.:scared1: I was up 6 lbs when I did a quick weigh-in this morning, and now will have to start knocking it all back off.

I enjoyed Carnival, but it is definitely less than Disney (which makes sense as it costs less than Disney). Dining room service/food was as good as DCL, but entertainment and ship layout were not up to Disney standards. It was still a good trip and I feel like I got what I paid for. I'm really looking forward to my next Disney cruise in 2011:cool1:

After I get the results posts done, I'm hoping to go back and see the QOTD I missed.:goodvibes

And I'm really hoping that by tomorrow the land will stop moving! I did not expect to keep feeling like I'm on the boat for this long after getting off of it. :(

Glad to have you back. It looks like you had a BLAST and stayed active. Thanks for the comparisons about the two cruise lines... may come in handy some day.

Not a lot of time to chat. I'm out the door in 13 minutes come H*ll or high water! Circuit training class at the Y tonight is calling my name. I've done well staying OP for the last few days, although I am making sure that I am eating MORE.

I need to get moving! TTYL.............P

renewing my commitment again today.

I had just about given up but DH gave me the all clear to plan a trip to Disney for June!!!!!!!!!

I'M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And DS13 has agreed to do C25K with me. He does Cross Country and when racing his friends on the playground he found out he is out of shape! 3 sprints and he was exhausted. So we are going to start running soon.

I'm so excited I'm about to crawl out of my skin. But with the trip comes consequences that will be good for me. No eating out, no fast food, no extras. Trimming down the amount of food I cook at one time. And finding free things to do with the kids on the weekends, no shopping. So that will be walks, hikes, and bike rides. I am crazy stoked!!!

Yippee for Disney World!!! Whoo Hooo!!!

Speaking of parts we hate. I say pooch too. Here is a funny: It is called Poo Chi my c-section friends should love this.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...a2DQC-ghio&h=caaadee88b356f82ceaa2d89315fbb8a

:rotfl::rotfl:

Liz, that was HYSTERICAL!

Congrats!! I loved planning both of my weddings. I planned my first wedding in a year and my second wedding in.... less than 2 weeks! :)

Today I am doing my first every Zumba class! I have to admit I'm nervous..can I do it? Will I hurt myself? DD is going with me and we're meeting a friend so I have double protection against backing out - um, I mean, getting too busy.:lmao: I'll have to take the dogs out for a walk this morning and then my Zumba, plus shopping at Wal-Mart, should get a lot of steps in!

Spring is here - my allergies are starting up. I hope it's an easier season, I've been loving walking at the park.

Speaking of walking I've been talking myself out of the c25k. Why? I don't know. It is hard to keep a schedule, especially since dd is doing it with me. I guess I can at least just keep on doing w2 right, that'll burn more than walking. I think it's mental, before it got so nice and everyone came out of their houses it was easier, now it's crowded and people are looking. Probably they're not but I feel like it, you know? I could also just keep going, these same people will go back in there houses soon after the new weather wears off. ;)

Finally got a good night's sleep last night! It's been going around the board hasn't it? I'd been having a recurring dream that I couldn't find DH for the past week and I'd wake up upset and not be able to get back to sleep. (My favorite lost DH dream was when I was trying to find him to tell him I booked a Disney cruise for us and I thought he'd be mad...I was telling him about my dream and he said he would be mad but then I told him my dream price for the three of us was $834 and he said book it! :rotfl:) DH and I were talking again yesterday about my dreams and started talking about our friends and their situation and thinking maybe that's what the dream was about. Don't know if that's it but hooray no dream last night!:dance3:

I can't wait to hear about your Zumba class. My gym offers that class but I haven't taken it yet. My friend wants me to join her for a spin class tomorrow but I don't think I will be able to make it.

I'm glad you had a dream-less night last night! :hug::hug::hug:

Wow! That is a scar to be proud of!!! You are an awesome person! :hug:

We had a great time on our excursions. We did a SeaTrek Helmet dive in Cabo San Lucas. I was nervous going into it, but it was really cool water around under the water. We say a bunch of fish, a seahorse and a small eel. I'm actually very scared of snakes/worms/anything like that, so the eel was neat but I was happy it was small (about2ft) and that it stayed inside the rocks and did not come out.
Here's a pic of me & DH under the water, with the safety diver behind us.
104651.jpg

In Ensenada we went kayaking to LaBufadora blow hole. I've only done kayaking on lakes before and it was great doing it on the ocean. It was pretty wavy to get out from shore, but it was FUN! Here's a pic of DH & I with the blow hole shooting off behind us.
101735.jpg

Welcome back!!! Looks and sounds like your trip was fantastic!!!

Shoot. I forgot to send in my weight this week. I think I did anyway. Hmmm. :confused3

Good evening ladies (and gents?)....

I had such a crazy day. I worked out, did homeschool, went to the gym, ran to the grocery store, came home and realized that they didn't give me all of my grocery bags so I had to run back to the grocery store (all the way cross town and during rush hour)... got home just in time to make dinner. BBQ Chicken. Yum!

My left elbow.

Joking. I don't know what is my favorite body part. I like my "girls" and I like my legs (when I was heavier I looked like an ostrich... thin legs and a big body).

Shannon love your pictures! The one in the kayak is so clear - what type of camera do you have?

Anne - I MUST see your left elbow - it's got to be pretty amazing! :rotfl:

Zumba was a blast! I might have done 50% of what the instructor did but it wasn't because I wasn't trying! But can you even believe this - I left my bodybugg at home! ;( Oh well I'll have to go again next week to see what my burn is.

Going to Zumba tonight was a victory for me. I had a bad sad day, got out for a mile walk with the dogs and then was ready for bed. Instead I went to Zumba and I'm proud of myself!:banana:

QOTD 3/22: Do you have what you would consider a "trouble spot"? Is there anything you are doing to spot reduce it even though we are often told that spot reduction doesn't really work? And if so, is it working?

Problem spot - Definitely hips, thighs and pooch. What my family calls the "Colarusso curse" (our family name - several of us girl cousins are afflicted with it!!)

What I like: definitely my hair. it's kind of a fun color - strawberry blonde. And at almost 45, it's still mine!! (hmm..hope I didn't jinx myself there and find some grey tomorrow...). I am developing a better waist and love that too.

Donac - Good luck on your BL challenge. you can win!!! :thumbsup2

Ann, let's keep your grandma and my mom FAR apart!! :lmao: (when she buys me clothes, she insists on buying me XLs despite the fact that I wear a size 12...)

Flipflopmom - sending virtual hugs your way...!:grouphug:

Welcome home Shannon!! what FANTASTIC pictures!!!!

Tigger - my dream is to inherit your hips!!!! :rotfl2:

Jen A - whenever I am having a bad moment, I think of you and those socks and instantly grin. what would I do without you?

As for me, I am heading off to DC tomorrow to take a federal test to get on a list for a job. It's just for an 'option" - I love my current job but who knows?
AM boot camp tomorrow then my flight is at 2:15. have a great day everyone!
Jude

Thanks for the congratulations. We're not "officially" engaged yet if that makes any sense. We set a deadline saying that we will set the actual date by September 1 or when he gets a full time teaching job, whichever comes first. With the way the economy is right now in our area, the chances of finding a job are iffy. Many schools are cutting back. We talked about when a good time will be and with teaching schedules we know summer is the best time and it will be easier on Worlds of Fun if we go in the beginning of the season.

Right now is all about fact finding. I'm doing as much research as I can so when it comes time, we can hit the ground running.

Today is the day yesterday should have been. The student who flipped out two weeks ago (who was great yesterday) was escalating all day. I was walking on egg shells trying to keep from having a repeat of last week. I had to carry another student out, and he tried to chase us down yelling at me not to touch his friend. My para had to hold him back. Then of course, half the class was crying after lunch. I was so happy when 2:15 rolled around!

I don't have one particular favorite spot, but I have a clear "most improved" spot: my belly. It's gone now!

Congratulations BL 9 participants! You all rock!

I'm sorry to be the bearer of this wonderful news. Wonderful because you have all been so chatty. Sorry because once a thread reaches 250 pages we need to close it.

Please get ready to continue on another thread and leave a link on your new thread to this one if some want to read these prior posts.

Congratulations BL 9 participants! You all rock!

I'm sorry to be the bearer of this wonderful news. Wonderful because you have all been so chatty. Sorry because once a thread reaches 250 pages we need to close it.

Please get ready to continue on another thread and leave a link on your new thread to this one if some want to read these prior posts.

WOW! Amazing that we have so many posts we have to start a new thread. New Part 2 thread for BL 9 is here http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=35957321&postcount=1

Please give me a few minutes to copy and paste the intro and other information before you close this thread. :goodvibes Please sure and chime in to let us know that you found the new thread. :goodvibes

Ahhh!!! If it's posted on the dis, we must make it happen!! We can do it!!!! :cool1:

Yep! We're committed now! :thumbsup2 (still feeling a little :scared1: about it)

I know she's trying to do something nice since we're all so stressed, but her timing...I just started doing what I'm supposed to! Well, I guess I can order a salad and bring my yogurt and veggies from home, maybe it won't be too bad...

Hope that you can find something that will work for you for tomorrow's lunch, Maria. I bet you will! :goodvibes

My left elbow.

:rotfl2:

I had a bad sad day, got out for a mile walk with the dogs and then was ready for bed. Instead I went to Zumba and I'm proud of myself!:banana:

Sorry for your sad, bad day. :hug: Sounds like you did just what you should to deal with it.

LuvBaloo, welcome back. Sounds like you had a great time.

NOW HEAR THIS -- THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSING ANY TIME. PLEASE COME AND JOIN US ON OUR NEW THREAD HERE:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=35957321&postcount=1

Hope to see you all there! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter