Big Locker Problem

I started my post by stating how grateful I was to those employees. In fact, I took down ALL their names so that I could give them recognition, and still intend to do this. You are absolutely right that those people went above and (to infinity) and beyond.

A few things.

-The lockers arent inside DL or CA, so it is a bit confusing to me. Anyone who doesn't know the lingo could think "The park" meant DD too, since the lockers didnt seem to be a part of DL or CA. (Why wouldn't they write "Parks" if they meant DL AND CA) If I can make that mistake, so can others.

-Some of you guys think leaving your car keys in a locker is a bad idea. I get that. I think leaving my car keys in a locker is a lot less risky than carrying them in my pocket, where they could fall out on a ride. But thats a personal decision.

-I thought those restaurants were owned by Disney. I made the res on the Disney app. Disney actively encourages you to eat there. Disney takes your CC to even make a res. (ROTR even told me to definitely make my lunch res and they could move my boarding group that conflicted.) It appears to be one big operation to an outsider. They are closing DL at dinnertime, so DD is packed with people fresh out of the park hitting their dinner res.

-Same for the lockers. Blew my mind that someone else ran them. Seems like Disneyland would want control of something literally attached to DL.

-I don't think I properly read the sign out front going in. (I definitely read it later!) There are NO signs in the walls inside the locker room. I'm not someone who skips details usually, and Im not one to just. "risk it." I wasn't trying to bend rules. I felt CERTAIN I saw "Don't leave belongings overnight" somewhere, so I was certain my stuff would be there by 9:45. Ive done some research since, and found photos inside Disney lockers. (See below) Hmm...it appears all 3 of these say "Articles left in locker overnight may be removed". So maybe thats why I thought 9:45 would be fine?

-In addition, Ive included two images screen grabbed from Disneyland's own website. These also do not indicate that the outside lockers will be closed at park closing. (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/en-ca/guest-services/locker-rentals/)
So out of 3 options you could reference to determine how long the lockers are open, only ONE says park closing. The other two say that you cant leave anything over night!

Clarity is king. This seems like an extremely easy problem to fix, and I cant fathom how it hasnt happened. Its cheap. Its clear.
Signs inside and outside the locker area that state "BELONGINGS LEFT AFTER (Changeable time card) will be removed. Then, make sure your website, signs and lockers do not have conflicting or misleading information.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 4.32.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 4.32.39 PM.png
    252.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 4.33.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 4.33.04 PM.png
    180.6 KB · Views: 12
I started my post by stating how grateful I was to those employees. In fact, I took down ALL their names so that I could give them recognition, and still intend to do this. You are absolutely right that those people went above and (to infinity) and beyond.

A few things.

-The lockers arent inside DL or CA, so it is a bit confusing to me. Anyone who doesn't know the lingo could think "The park" meant DD too, since the lockers didnt seem to be a part of DL or CA. (Why wouldn't they write "Parks" if they meant DL AND CA) If I can make that mistake, so can others.

-Some of you guys think leaving your car keys in a locker is a bad idea. I get that. I think leaving my car keys in a locker is a lot less risky than carrying them in my pocket, where they could fall out on a ride. But thats a personal decision.

-I thought those restaurants were owned by Disney. I made the res on the Disney app. Disney actively encourages you to eat there. Disney takes your CC to even make a res. (ROTR even told me to definitely make my lunch res and they could move my boarding group that conflicted.) It appears to be one big operation to an outsider. They are closing DL at dinnertime, so DD is packed with people fresh out of the park hitting their dinner res.

-Same for the lockers. Blew my mind that someone else ran them. Seems like Disneyland would want control of something literally attached to DL.

-I don't think I properly read the sign out front going in. (I definitely read it later!) There are NO signs in the walls inside the locker room. I'm not someone who skips details usually, and Im not one to just. "risk it." I wasn't trying to bend rules. I felt CERTAIN I saw "Don't leave belongings overnight" somewhere, so I was certain my stuff would be there by 9:45. Ive done some research since, and found photos inside Disney lockers. (See below) Hmm...it appears all 3 of these say "Articles left in locker overnight may be removed". So maybe thats why I thought 9:45 would be fine?

-In addition, Ive included two images screen grabbed from Disneyland's own website. These also do not indicate that the outside lockers will be closed at park closing. (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/en-ca/guest-services/locker-rentals/)
So out of 3 options you could reference to determine how long the lockers are open, only ONE says park closing. The other two say that you cant leave anything over night!

Clarity is king. This seems like an extremely easy problem to fix, and I cant fathom how it hasnt happened. Its cheap. Its clear.
Signs inside and outside the locker area that state "BELONGINGS LEFT AFTER (Changeable time card) will be removed. Then, make sure your website, signs and lockers do not have conflicting or misleading information.

View attachment 573382View attachment 573383View attachment 573381
Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention, I am sure you have saved someone a huge hassle!

I am surprised that the lockers that are clearly on Disney property are not owned and operated by Disney.
Actually, it might be surprising how many places are clearly on Disney property, but not owned by Disney. For example:
The Magic Shop
20th Century Music Store
Pandora Jewelry
Antoinette's Parfumerie
Crystal Arts on Main St and the one in New Orleans
The Silhouette Studio
And of course Ghirardelli and Boudin's bakery (Boudin does use Disney employees.)

In DTD, none of the restaurants are Disney owned or operated. Several are owned by Patina Group. WHICH is why you can't use Disney gift cards there.

Actually, it might be surprising how many places are clearly on Disney property, but not owned by Disney. For example:
The Magic Shop
20th Century Music Store
Pandora Jewelry
Antoinette's Parfumerie
The Silhouette Studio
And of course Ghirardelli and Boudin's bakery (Boudin does use Disney employees.)

In DTD, none of the restaurants are Disney owned or operated. Several are owned by Patina Group. WHICH is why you can't use Disney gift cards there.

also the portrait artists and the parasol seller in New Orleans were not Disney owned, they were outside contractors.

The Magic Shop
20th Century Music Store
Pandora Jewelry
Antoinette's Parfumerie
The Silhouette Studio

Woah thats crazy!!! The Magic Shop really is a shock

The Magic Shop
20th Century Music Store
Pandora Jewelry
Antoinette's Parfumerie
The Silhouette Studio

Also the Sunglass Hut kiosk in DCA.

Was it always that way? Hmm, Steve Martin got started there and he was a Disney employee.
If I remember correctly, Steve Martin worked in Merlin's Magic Shop in Fantasyland, it closed in the early 80s. The Main St Magic shop was owned by Disney until about 2008 or 2009, then it was taken over by Houdini's Magic.

Of course, I verify my info after the post....

From https://d23.com/walt-disney-legend/steve-martin/

Steve worked at the Park after school, on weekends, and during the summer. First he sold guidebooks at the gate, then souvenir spinning lassos in Frontierland.
“The ropes were hard to sell,” he recalled. “I had to wear a Western costume, cowboy shirt, hat. I did a little bit of that in Three Amigos!”
Then Steve spent three years at the old Merlin’s Magic Shop in Fantasyland. There, he sold and demonstrated the packaged magic tricks and practical joke items on sale. He learned all the tricks, and collected all the jokes, writing down every gag. “I knew every nook and cranny of the shop,” he recalls.

Last edited:
For anyone still interested in lockers, I saw at DCA today that the Grizzly River Run lockers appear to be available. Although I believe those are (or used to be) charged in 2 hour increments - so I’m not sure if you can buy one for all day or not.

For anyone still interested in lockers, I saw at DCA today that the Grizzly River Run lockers appear to be available. Although I believe those are (or used to be) charged in 2 hour increments - so I’m not sure if you can buy one for all day or not.

They'll charge you if you leave items in there past the time they're free (two hours). They're intended for use with the ride only. Not all day use. It's some very high rate too (it was $7/hour I think? Been a couple years since I used them).

A few things.

View attachment 573382View attachment 573383View attachment 573381

I'm going to agree with you. That's not very clear at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter