"Big Girls Only" A Sept 2015 PTR *Final PT Update 9/10/15*

Congratulations on the new baby, how exciting to have a little one for future trips to WDW.

My sister and I are going to be in Disney Sept 15-27 this year, maybe we will bump into you.

terrific for a earlier day!!!! i am loving all your ADR's and awesome you can split them all up!!!

I'm looking forward to the earlier arrival. We never really have a "rest day" which is what we want our MNSSHP day to be, so that'll be a nice change for us! I hope the strategy works!

Congratulations on the new baby, how exciting to have a little one for future trips to WDW.

My sister and I are going to be in Disney Sept 15-27 this year, maybe we will bump into you.

Thank you! I can't wait to take her. I'm already considering booking a BB just in case my SO lets me take our DD for her 2nd birthday in 2016... :teeth:

How fun! Are you part of the FB group? I think everyone will be wearing a special something so we can identify one another; that'd be a fun surprise!

I'm not part of the FB group, I would love to be, how do I find it?

It's a group on Facebook. Type Disney September 2015 into the search bar on Facebook, the group should come up. It's a closed group so you have to request to join, hope to see you over there!

I'm finally following over from my TR! I love your plans so far! It sounds like a great list of ADRs.

I think an adults-only trip is a great idea! You will all have a great time and you'll return more relaxed and happier to be with DD! It happens to me everytime I leave the boys - even if it's just to go to the store for a few hours!!

Can't wait to hear about your ADR day - CRT during the fireworks sounds magical!

I'm finally following over from my TR! I love your plans so far! It sounds like a great list of ADRs.

I think an adults-only trip is a great idea! You will all have a great time and you'll return more relaxed and happier to be with DD! It happens to me everytime I leave the boys - even if it's just to go to the store for a few hours!!

Can't wait to hear about your ADR day - CRT during the fireworks sounds magical!

:welcome: Glad to have you along!

I am really excited to have an adults trip, I LOVE that sweet little baby with all my heart, but it'll be nice to have some grown up time with sis and mama. I'm actually surprised my SO is still willing to watch DD for a whole week! Hopefully he won't change his mind!

ADRs are on Tuesday! I'm so nervous I'm afraid I won't sleep Monday night!:scared1:

It's a group on Facebook. Type Disney September 2015 into the search bar on Facebook, the group should come up. It's a closed group so you have to request to join, hope to see you over there!
Thanks I will head over there now. Bo and I have been debating whether we want to do MNSSHP on our arrival day The 15th or the following Tuesday the 22nd. The 22nd won, just because we will have already been awake since the early am, we don't want to start the trip out already tired. Looking forward to reading about what Adr's you get, I get to make mine in 5 days.

Today was the day, it's our ADR day!!!

The plan was for mama, sis and myself to take on four ADRs each. Well, last week mom's computer died. My So (who works in IT) did what he could to salvage her information but the computer itself was a loss. So sis and I took on the task together!

I got up at 5 am, made some coffee, gathered my things (water, coffee, credit card, baby monitor and cell phone), and started up the computer!

We had a lot of specific reservations we wanted, and a few were hot tickets; BoG for dinner, CRT, CP pre-park open.

I was very excited, and full of caffeine when 6 am hit and I was able to make our first reservation CRT (sis was working on BoG at the same time). Well, I got a reservation, for 4 PM, hardly a time I wanted considering we were aiming for an in castle fireworks viewing. That's ok, I figured we'd take what we could get. Sis was not having the same luck; her computer, or the site as she would tell it, was not cooperating. Sis started to flip out and was cussing left and right. I tried to calm her down, but she was in a rage; sis is by no means a morning person. After a few attempts she was able to get through and got a Bog dinner reservation for 6:15 pm, a little later than we'd hoped, but again, we took what we could get.

So one by one we went down our list. We had a few hiccups with the site; loading issues, showing available times then they'd be gone on the next page. Took us about 25 minutes to get all 10 of our ADRs. But a few just weren't sitting right with us. Our CP was for 9:15 am and that early CRT dinner was bugging me, so we went back in. Good thing we did! Sis got an 8:05 am for CP and I nabbed a 7:05 pm at CRT!!!party:

We chatted on the phone a bit, updated some of our plans on the MDE site and then said good bye as sis needed to get ready for work (so did I but an update seemed much more important).

Here's how the itinerary is looking with our ADRs:

Sunday, September 13, 2015
CP 8:05 AM
CRT 7:05 PM

Monday, September 14, 2015
Sci-Fi Dine-In 11:10 AM
HBD for Fantasmic! Package 4:10 PM

Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Kona 2 PM

Wednesday, September 16, 2015
TH 12:20 PM
WCC 7:20 PM

Thursday, September 17, 2015
The Plaza 12 PM
BoG 6:15 PM

Friday, September 18, 2015
Raglan Road 2 PM

There ya have it folks! I can't tell you how relieved and excited I am. Now we just have to wait and see if we can get a discount, then it's FP+ and before ya know it we will be in WDW!!!! :jumping1:

In life news I got a promotion at work, with a nice pay increase AND my Disney Fund, I mean tax return, was WAY bigger than I expected, which means this trip is paid for and we might get a new car!!! It's gonna be a great day! Happy Tuesday everybody!:grouphug:

OMG! HOW EXCITING!!!!
I am SO SO happy you have everything you wanted AND a Promotion!?!? GREAT NEWS!!! I cannot be more happy for you! I guess you have the luck of the Irish! HA HA HA A dang riot about your sister.. I feel her pain...

happy-st-patricks-day-disney-2.jpg

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. That's an awesome for the ADR's and being able to fix the two to better times; an awesome for the promotion and tax refund and the trip being paid off and an awesome for a new car possibly. Excpet for actually being at Disney, I don't think you could have asked for a better day. :)

Thanks I will head over there now. Bo and I have been debating whether we want to do MNSSHP on our arrival day The 15th or the following Tuesday the 22nd. The 22nd won, just because we will have already been awake since the early am, we don't want to start the trip out already tired. Looking forward to reading about what Adr's you get, I get to make mine in 5 days.

When the MNSSHP dates got released we had to move some stuff around, but I think you and Bo are doing it right. Travel days are sometimes rough, it's nice to just settle in and maybe have dinner someplace. Can;t wait to see what ADR's you girls get. I may be in the minority on this but I really enjoyed it. It's like a race and a puzzle all at once!

OMG! HOW EXCITING!!!!
I am SO SO happy you have everything you wanted AND a Promotion!?!? GREAT NEWS!!! I cannot be more happy for you! I guess you have the luck of the Irish! HA HA HA A dang riot about your sister.. I feel her pain...

happy-st-patricks-day-disney-2.jpg

Thanks Mo! It's been a great few weeks in our house. Luck of the Irish indeed; I'll tell you about THAT one!

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. That's an awesome for the ADR's and being able to fix the two to better times; an awesome for the promotion and tax refund and the trip being paid off and an awesome for a new car possibly. Excpet for actually being at Disney, I don't think you could have asked for a better day. :)

Thanks Kathy!! It was an exciting morning, which ended and exciting couple of weeks. Life is bumpy, but it's nice to ride the high for a little bit.

Sadly my high was short lived (well, not entirely, let's not get carried away). See, sis is a rookie with Disney planning and she's not the calmest under computer malfunction :badpc: (she's gonna kill me for writing that :duck:), so when she saw the 8:05 am CP she booked it. Great right? Eh, it's not for the right day. :scared:

That's ok though, we have a 9:15 AM for Sunday and we will keep checking every day to see if we can't get something before 9 AM. Not the end of the world, but it was laughable shocking when I was making note of our confirmation numbers and I saw the date :joker::sad:

Poor sis was a mess about it, but I have faith that it will all work out just fine; nothing is gonna rain on my current parade!! :dogdance:

Sadly my high was short lived (well, not entirely, let's not get carried away). See, sis is a rookie with Disney planning and she's not the calmest under computer malfunction :badpc: (she's gonna kill me for writing that :duck:), so when she saw the 8:05 am CP she booked it. Great right? Eh, it's not for the right day. :scared:

That's ok though, we have a 9:15 AM for Sunday and we will keep checking every day to see if we can't get something before 9 AM. Not the end of the world, but it was laughable shocking when I was making note of our confirmation numbers and I saw the date :joker::sad:

Poor sis was a mess about it, but I have faith that it will all work out just fine; nothing is gonna rain on my current parade!! :dogdance:

Oh dear! :faint: But do keep checking. I've been able to get an 8:00 one week out. It's easier now that people have to actually cancel their ADR's or get stuck with a penalty.

oh no.. Sorry i know it isn't funny.. But it really is... poor girl! POOR YOU!
I hope for some pixi dust for you and an earlier ADR!
pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Wow, congratulations on getting all your ADR's taken care of... and great news on the promotion/tax refund! A lot to be excited about!

Sorry your sis had trouble with the site. I've been there and done that before. Disney websites tend to act funny at the worst possible moments.

Hey there,
I'm new to the boards, and just finished getting caught up on your whole PTR. Your daughter is stunningly adorable.WOW! My sister (and her 7 month old) and I will be taking our DHs for their first visits ever at the end of August. So I totally get the excitement of a Family Trip with co-planning aspects, and trying to balance everyone's "must dos" but I am really enjoying the experience and can't wait to relive some of our childhood memories, while making new ones along the way.

love the puzzle and race!!!!! so true!!

We'll be there just before you guys, but at Beach Club Villas

The ADRs look fantastic! Your sis sounds a bit like me- I freak out in the moment when I'm stressed but then afterward I feel so silly for getting so upset. :rolleyes:

Have you tried calling the dining line about a CP ressie? Sometimes the CMs have access to more times than they show on the website. Not always but sometimes and it's worth a shot if you haven't tried it.

Oh dear! :faint: But do keep checking. I've been able to get an 8:00 one week out. It's easier now that people have to actually cancel their ADR's or get stuck with a penalty.

Nice! I have been checking every day, nothing thus far, but it'll come, I just know it!

oh no.. Sorry i know it isn't funny.. But it really is... poor girl! POOR YOU!
I hope for some pixi dust for you and an earlier ADR!
pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Thanks MO! We had a good laugh about it and it's not the end of the world; we will still dine with Pooh and his Hundred Acre Wood friends!

Wow, congratulations on getting all your ADR's taken care of... and great news on the promotion/tax refund! A lot to be excited about!

Sorry your sis had trouble with the site. I've been there and done that before. Disney websites tend to act funny at the worst possible moments.

2015 has been pretty great thus far! :cool1:

Don't we know it! When you're in love with Disney, you are all too familiar with the glitches :faint:

Hey there,
I'm new to the boards, and just finished getting caught up on your whole PTR. Your daughter is stunningly adorable.WOW! My sister (and her 7 month old) and I will be taking our DHs for their first visits ever at the end of August. So I totally get the excitement of a Family Trip with co-planning aspects, and trying to balance everyone's "must dos" but I am really enjoying the experience and can't wait to relive some of our childhood memories, while making new ones along the way.

:welcome: to the DIS and the PTR! Thanks for joining us!

Thank you; we sure like her!

Yay for family trips!! I can't wait to get DD to WDW; my SO wants to wait until she's 3 or 4 :sad2: THERE IS NO WAY I CAN WAIT THAT LONG!!!

Let me know if you do your own PTR; I'd love to follow along on your planning. :thumbsup2

love the puzzle and race!!!!! so true!!

We'll be there just before you guys, but at Beach Club Villas

OOO BCV! Totally gonna hop over to you PTR and check it out. :woohoo:

The ADRs look fantastic! Your sis sounds a bit like me- I freak out in the moment when I'm stressed but then afterward I feel so silly for getting so upset. :rolleyes:

Have you tried calling the dining line about a CP ressie? Sometimes the CMs have access to more times than they show on the website. Not always but sometimes and it's worth a shot if you haven't tried it.

She's a passionate person; wouldn't have her any other way! :hug:

We tried calling, but there was nothing they could do for us. But we will keep checking; something is bound to come up in the next 5 months :goodvibes

Hooray for getting your ADRs! Wow, a bonus and larger tax return...total score! That's so exciting! Then a new car to top it off sounds fabulous!

Hooray for getting your ADRs! Wow, a bonus and larger tax return...total score! That's so exciting! Then a new car to top it off sounds fabulous!

Thanks! We'll see about the car; as of now we are sticking the money into savings until we decide what to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter