Big Announcement Coming

EeyoreFan1 said:
I can say that this big announcement is referencing something that is Magic Kingdom specific :)

I thought it might be specific to MK since the blogger I quoted works there. Interesting. Spectromagic? Rapunzel bathrooms/whatever else is going in back there? So curious!

I thought it might be specific to MK since the blogger I quoted works there. Interesting. Spectromagic? Rapunzel bathrooms/whatever else is going in back there? So curious!

Spectro is still rumored to not be returning, and the bathrooms are a dual meet and greet area! Neither of those are the announcement though! :goodvibes

EeyoreFan1 said:
Spectro is still rumored to not be returning, and the bathrooms are a dual meet and greet area! Neither of those are the announcement though! :goodvibes

Hmmm...very interesting! Has it been confirmed that there will be a M&G there? Last I've heard the only official word is bathrooms, all else is speculation.

Hmmm...very interesting! Has it been confirmed that there will be a M&G there? Last I've heard the only official word is bathrooms, all else is speculation.
That isn't confirmed through Disney, but I have heard from some other CMs that a meet and greet is imminent. I got some pictures last week of the renovations behind the wall. It HAS to be more than just bathrooms. I posted some pictures on my blog the other day :)

If this is even true, I don't think it's anything to do with AvatarLand. I think it's a Soarin' refurb. Maybe even a new film. Would be so awesome if they could add two screens and a new film. It can be like Star Tours. The films are random each time.

And I don't see it being a meet and greet. Rapunzel is meeting at Fair Tale Hall. Makes no sense to turn that into a sole meet and greet for her.

I have heard of 2 rumors and both regard HS one is the ever popular Carsland(Radiator Springs for HS) being added. Second is the addition more Star wars. Both rumors involve the destruction of the Backlot Tour and the lights motor action( BIG YAWN).
Personally I wish they add more Starwars but that would be wierd and they would need to well move Star Tours, So I looks mor logical that Radiator Springs is coming.

If this is MK specific and it's the Year of the Ear, I wonder if maybe it's along the lines of bringing the Glow with the Show technology to WDW for Wishes. But I don't think that would really count as a big announcement as much as just fun or exciting enhancements.

I hope its the list of "Forgotten Characters". I am thinking it is Oswald related. I am thinking either the making of an Epic Mickey attraction or Oswald as a character. I still think that Mickey Junk Mountain would be a great Splash Mountain-like attraction to reintroduce Oswald and some of the other "Forgotten Characters" that are prominent in the game. My 14 year old has an amazing verbal rendition for the ride flow and structure.......future Imagineer!!!!! We have a gut feeling about htis one :thumbsup2

From the blog of an attractions CM I follow on tumblr:

Any speculation? The first thing that comes to mind is Avatarland and the rumored Soarin'-type ride - that would explain his "eyes/ears/nose" comment.

looks like your other senses are/ is THE FORCE

I have heard of 2 rumors and both regard HS one is the ever popular Carsland(Radiator Springs for HS) being added. Second is the addition more Star wars. Both rumors involve the destruction of the Backlot Tour and the lights motor action( BIG YAWN).
Personally I wish they add more Starwars but that would be wierd and they would need to well move Star Tours, So I looks mor logical that Radiator Springs is coming.

If this is even true, I don't think it's anything to do with AvatarLand. I think it's a Soarin' refurb. Maybe even a new film. Would be so awesome if they could add two screens and a new film. It can be like Star Tours. The films are random each time.

And I don't see it being a meet and greet. Rapunzel is meeting at Fair Tale Hall. Makes no sense to turn that into a sole meet and greet for her.

EeyoreFan1 is a CM also and has confirmed that this announcement is in regards to MK specifically, so these ideas are out. And as far as a Rapunzel M&G goes, even though we now know that's not what the announcement will be - where has it been confirmed she will be meeting in Fairytale Hall? I haven't seen her picture in any of the concept art or on the construction wall outside. More of my take on what's going on with that space in this post.

If this is MK specific and it's the Year of the Ear, I wonder if maybe it's along the lines of bringing the Glow with the Show technology to WDW for Wishes. But I don't think that would really count as a big announcement as much as just fun or exciting enhancements.

That would be neat! I agree, though - doesn't really qualify as a big announcement to me. The more I think about this, though, the more I think it's got to be something park-wide and not a new attraction. So Glow with the Show ears would make sense.

Re-theming Stitch, maaaaaybe?

Well, while we're dreaming - I'd love to see Tomorrowland get a design overhaul. (Including sending Stitch back to Hawaii.) But I really doubt that's a high priority for the suits. From a money standpoint, it's not in terrible shape. I don't feel like the theming really works, though, and would like to see it redone.

Slightly off topic, but I did see some Oswald merch this trip .. didn't see any of that in 2010.

Slightly off topic, but I did see some Oswald merch this trip .. didn't see any of that in 2010.

Yes, they have been introducing him more in the parks recently. Epic Mickey is increasing his popularity.

Cinderumbrella said:
Any insight as to WHEN this big announcement is coming?

Not specifically. The original blog post just said "in the coming weeks." EeyoreFan1, can you give us a more specific time frame to look for?

tikistitch said:

OMG! I love this idea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter