Big Announcement Coming

parkhopping

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s
From the blog of an attractions CM I follow on tumblr:

Something is being announced at Walt Disney World in the coming weeks.
It’s going to be a big announcement. And no it’s not MyMagic+. Preserving the magic that is Walt Disney World, I can only say to keep eyes, ears, nose, and your other senses out when the announcement is made.

What I can say is: No matter what the announcement is, it will enhance your time here at Walt Disney World.

That is all.

Any speculation? The first thing that comes to mind is Avatarland and the rumored Soarin'-type ride - that would explain his "eyes/ears/nose" comment.

My first thought with mention of your senses is that they are going to redo the Figment ride. Maybe restore it to the original.

If this is legit, I agree it's gotta be Hollywood Studios. After hearing the report of imagineers going over space once backlot and lights, motor, action are gone... might be CarsLand.

Funny that I follow this blog too. I actually messaged him asking for more information. Even though I'm a CM, I feel out of the loop! I'll see what he says! I have heard some pretty solid reports about a definite CarsLand at DHS though!

I keep hoping for a big announcement about Downtown Disney....but I doubt it's that.

Link to said blog please?

Oh yes, of course - I meant to include it in my original post but forgot. The original blog post is here.

Funny that I follow this blog too. I actually messaged him asking for more information. Even though I'm a CM, I feel out of the loop! I'll see what he says! I have heard some pretty solid reports about a definite CarsLand at DHS though!

Oh, that's funny! Out of curiosity, what's your role? Maybe he knows because it's something specific to attractions?

If it has anything to do with the Studios' backlot I wouldn't be surprised. They've been clearing out sound stages and prepping land the past couple of years for something (was supposed to be Monsters Inc. ride but alas no announcement yet). Whatever it is though, I look forward to its announcement.

I really am hoping for something Star Wars related. Ever since the Lucasfilm purchase I've been on the edge of my seat waiting for some more Star Wars at the parks.

I can say that this big announcement is referencing something that is Magic Kingdom specific :)

Someone on one of the disboards made a comment the other day that she saw two cast members walking around in DHS holding what looked like plans, and one said something about having enough room to build something. Perhaps you can find it by doing a search. I thought it sounded fishy and too vague at the time, but who knows.

There are definitely some rather extensive plans happening at DHS, as well as some attraction closings.

:thumbsup2 Star Wars trumps Carsland, WWoHP, Avatar and LoTR. :listen:

Oh the joy they could bring with Star Wars--and I am not even that big a fan...but it is part of my childhood, teenage years, young adulthood and now I get to see my 10 year old nephew enjoy it. The legacy it represents is huge--espeically with those of us in our 40s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!