Biergarten-what you love/don't love

We always have to make a stop at Biergarten, the food is good, and it's nice and dark and cool in there. After having the sun bake you all day it's a welcomed change. If you don't like meeting new people you will not enjoy this. If you are okay with sharing a table then this is the place for you. :banana:

We love Biergarten - for all the reasons already mentioned!

We would have no problem sitting with strangers (we think that kind of thing is fun) - but the restaurant has a lot going on, it can get loud. You have to WANT to have a conversation. Some people may not be talkative because of the noise and everything going on.

Here's a tried and tested Biergarten strategy:

1. Eat Black Forest Cake
  2. Burn some calories doing the chicken dance
  3. Eat more Black Forest Cake
  4. Repeat as necessary

yeah i booked it for my next trip PURELY based on reviews off of this board!

This was the one restaurant that my kids requested to do again this year. They got to pick from anything from Disneyworld. They picked Biergarten for the kids choice meal. We all LOVE it. I can't say anything bad about it. The food was great, they seated us very quickly, the atmosphere was wonderful, the kids danced, the band was great, etc. etc. :goodvibes

How does the pretzel roll here compare to the pretzel bread at Le Cellier?

I am totally going to be in the minority with this one just to warn you. I am 100% german and have lots of great German restaurants where i am from. My family is CRAZY about german food and with that being said we were all completely disgusted with Biergarten. The leek soup was the only thing i could eat, i was so dissapointed with the food. It was upsetting because ive never found a german restaurant i didnt like! Everything was very gross and just thinking about it is giving me nausea. That being said.. lots of other people seem to like it:confused3

How does the pretzel roll here compare to the pretzel bread at Le Cellier?

Oh yes and the pretzels rolls i also ate. They were very good, they seemed much softer to me than the Le Cellier pretzel sticks. Definitely give Biergarten a try so you can make your own judgements about he food though, you never know, it could be your favorite!

The food IS very good, and goodness knows there is plenty of it. Your 'bottomless pit' will be very happy. ;)

The atmosphere is great fun, but a lot can depend on the people that you get seated with...

We've been three times. Two of those times were great. Met some fun people, had some laughs and a good time was had by all.

One time though, we got seated next to this family that was absolutely offended that so many people were drinking beer around them ! They did nothing but complain about 'those drunk people' the entire time we were there. They'd glare at us every time we lifted our glasses.

Those folks were the exception, though. Go and have a blast. :wizard:

As far as I'm concerned,this and marrekesh are the best in all of EPCOT.Can't go wrong with germany,everything is so good!:yay:

The kids love the atmosphere and everyone can always find something to eat. We really enjoy the food. One drawback for me is that the 6 of us take up most of the table and I always feel sorry for a couple that is placed at our table. I always feel like I have to make sure they are not distracted by us, don't get me wrong. I enjoy talking to people and have some great conversations with fellow travelers but I always feel that it is unfair to put a couple with a family of 6.

I scheduled Biergarten on a whim only, thinking that I'd probably end up canceling it. After the reviews on here, I seriously don't think you could MAKE me cancel it. ;)

27 days until we leave (we're driving). I can't wait!

The food is good - but not if you want a veggie-heavy meal, but that's German food for you :)

The only negative for us was the group seating. We're friendly, but we get tired around mealtime and usually just want to eat w/o having to make chit chat with strangers...but it's even worse if you're at a table that is dead silent throughout the meal.

I'm a very picky eater, I don't like pork-anything, but we have to eat here every trip because my husbands family is originally from Austria. It was especially meaningful this last trip because a few months before, hubby got to make his first trip to meet his relatives in Austria and eat REAL German food. That being said, I could absolutely fill myself up on the tomato/onion salad they have, the dill cucumbers and the bread...and OH THE DESSERTS! They have the best selection of desserts!

The place is a blast! The atmosphere is fun, relaxing. The first time we took our oldest who was two at the time (he was scared of everything), he was afraid of the German CM's who he kept calling "farmers" for some reason. "I don't like the fah-mers." It was hysterical!! We remind him of that every trip!!:rotfl2:

I was excited about Biergarten for our upcoming trip, now I can't wait! We are a party of 9 with lots of different eaters, so it wounds like everyone will be happy.

We love everything about the Beirgarten! If you click on my April link you will find a ton of buffet pictures...we have been going there for years and the food never changes (except many years ago before it was a buffet) but it is always good!

Ugh! Now I am going to have to change our itenary again! It's been a while since we've been to the Biergarten, now, after reading all these reviews, I want to go back!!
If you are German, the food will not be as good as Grandma makes, nor will it be as good as the German restaurant back home, but the food is more than acceptable and plentiful! i'd give it a "B".
The atmosphere is fun and doing the chicken dance with my DS is a must!!! Sitting with strangers is also no big deal. I am blessed with a DW who talk to anyone about anything. The real challenge for her would be NOT talking! So, she is great at breaking the ice and engaging people! (she knows this to be true...so, I am not a dead man when i get home...LOL)! It is a fun place with good food that provides a welcome break from the hustle of the parks.

This is the talkative DW.....I think Biergarten is also a B. The food is good, atmoshpere is great and DS loves the Macaroni and cheese. And yes, I will and do talk to anyone. We have met the chef from le Cellier at dinner one night at Biergarten; he was seated at the table with us.

:dance3: :happytv:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter