• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bibbidy, Bobbidy Boutique

PRINCESSMOMX3

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been? Has anyone gotten the Crown Package? We are taking DD for her 7th birthday :cheer2: and I am wondering how much the dresses are if you buy them seperately. I don't want to pay 175.00 and the dress not be worth it. After her makeover she is going to eat at 1900 Park Fare and I want her to be perfect, not that SHES not already, but I want EVERYTHING to be perfect :wizard: . Anybody have any ideas?

I'm doing the same thing in May...I'm going with the castle package for my princess...we had to change our plans the day before we were leaving in March, so I'm doing this for a surprise to her for being such a sport about waiting 2 more months....she doesn't even know about the dinner at 1900 Park Fare...

We are getting the Castle package too. I am just worried that it may be cheaper to get the crown package and then just buy the dress seperately. Does she really need all the extra? We have every princess dress that you can buy at walmart of course she is outgrowing them now but she wouldn't wear them b/cause they were to "itchy". Man I hope this dress isn't itchy too. I wish I had a crystal ball to look into and tell me what to do. :thumbsup2

Wanting to know the same thing. My dd will be doing this and I'm wondering if the dresses over there are going to fit or if I should just get one made for her, which I was thinking of doing before I heard about BBB since my daughter is 4 and pushing a size 10 already (she's very tall for her age) and none of her dresses from WalMart fit anymore.

I know we bought a size 10/12 for my daughter last Spring at World of Disney, so I'm sure they will have sizes to fit.

I checked the prices on the dresses the other day, that I was told by the CM were part of the package. They ranged from $65 (Jasmine) - $85 (red Belle dress).

I bought the red Belle dress for DD last October when we went to a MNSSHP on the spur of the moment one evening. Not 5 minutes after she put it on, she said it was itchy - it has lots of "toile" type material. I wished I would have just gone back into the rest room, and had her change out of it and returned it, but luckily a friend of mine bought it from me for her DD. Mine would not wear it again - not even for Halloween! That is the ONLY one I have experience with.

Can older girls do this too? I've never heard of this and want to know if it's something I would be interested in for my 23rd bday?! lol

It might be cheaper to buy a dress for your daughter before you go from the Disney Store? We did this last year and found we got a dress for $39.59 that was selling for $85 at the park!!

WE went to the BBB when it first opened and it was so amazing. The fairy Godmothers in training paid such attention to detail, and the girls. we did the hair make up & nails package-as my daughter (then 4) has just about every gown. We had so much fun-I creid she was so pretty....we went back last year. She had a dress imported from Europe-they dont have it here in the states i felt she really should be done up...it was terrible. I understand its very busy-her Godmother in Training barely spoke to her, the photographers were not enthusiatic, it had a commerical feel to it-it was a spec feeling there-i felt for $50.00 i could have done her hair & make up & shimmered her with glitter better..and she was looking for a tip-something they didnt do before-i only had disney dollars with me....i'm not planning to go again. I can save the money and make her up myself.:mad:

If you click the link in my sig for BBB it will take you to over 3000 posts of info and pics. The dresses are 65 dollars, the red belle dress is 85 dollars, alice and pocohantas are 45 dollars, high school musical and hannah montana are 55 dollars.

WE went to the BBB when it first opened and it was so amazing. The fairy Godmothers in training paid such attention to detail, and the girls. we did the hair make up & nails package-as my daughter (then 4) has just about every gown. We had so much fun-I creid she was so pretty....we went back last year. She had a dress imported from Europe-they dont have it here in the states i felt she really should be done up...it was terrible. I understand its very busy-her Godmother in Training barely spoke to her, the photographers were not enthusiatic, it had a commerical feel to it-it was a spec feeling there-i felt for $50.00 i could have done her hair & make up & shimmered her with glitter better..and she was looking for a tip-something they didnt do before-i only had disney dollars with me....i'm not planning to go again. I can save the money and make her up myself.:mad:

I am so sorry you had such a bad experience we have been three times so far and the second time we went by the time we left dtd it was falling so that was upsetting but we have never had the problems you did. I definitely would not have left a tip. They allowed guest to leave tips when the MK location opend.

Can older girls do this too? I've never heard of this and want to know if it's something I would be interested in for my 23rd bday?! lol

All princesses over the age of three are eligible to do BBB several people have posted pics of themselves after doing it. I say go for it and have a great time.

Disney does have a size 14 dress but I don't know that all the locations that sell the dresses carry them in fact the only place that I have actually seen them and at least one in each costume is at the Emporium on Main St. If you want that size and you plan on getting it at BBB let them know you need that size when you make the ressie the day you go to BBB make a stop there early in the morning to let them know and make sure they will have that size available b/c if they don't have it they will have to get it from one of the other stores on site.

We have every one of the dresses that disney sells except the regular cinderella we also have some from the disney store as well as other costume companies and we have not experience one that is not itchy. Other dissers on the BBB thread have had their dress custom made but other dissers on the dis boutique thread which you can find in the Disney for Families section. Another popular place to buy from is www.mydressuptrunk.com serveral people have raved about their dd's don't complain about them being itchy.

:) I gave the total package to my DGD for her 3rd birthday (almost 2 yrs. ago) and it was wonderful at the time. The dress was a better quality than you could buy in any of the Disney stores but it may have changed since then. We are going again in Oct. and have an appt. at the BBB-MK for our 3 little princesses but we are only doing the hair/nail/makeup package and buying their dresses locally. We will be going to MNSSHP that evening so the princesses (ages 3, 5, 6) will already be in costume.

We didn't leave a tip when we went in '05 and I am glad I was "tipped off" about this before I went this time.

XxStaceFacexX, I say go for it!:thumbsup2

In November we took both of our DDs to the BBB. We had every intention of buying the total package that was $175.00. Both of my them ended up just having their hair and makeup done because they said the dresses were to itchy. My 4 year old had hers on and had some photos taken, she looked adorable but 5 minutes later she wanted to take everything off. Needless to say the fairygodmothers were great and let her take it off and did not charge us for it. I guess it worked out well because we still had great photos of her in the dress and accessories.

The other issue was that they did not have all size shoes to go with the dresses. They were trying to pair yellow shoes with the pink Sleeping Beauty costume for my oldest and they were stuffing paper in my 4 year olds shoes.

I think the BBB is cute but I would recommend getting a dress elsewhere and making sure that it is comfortable beforehand. Also imagine wearing plastic shoes to walk around the parks. (some not all of the shoes are that rubbery plastic) I really don't think that the wands are necessary either.

Also, if your dd loves Jasmine I would recommend bringing some type of leggings or something for underneath. The costume was very see through and did not look that great on.

With all that said, this is only my opinion based on one experience. I will say though that we are going to Disney again in 2 weeks and neither one of my DDs has asked to go to the BBB again.

Good luck!!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter