Beware of JUICE IT UP at Orlando Premium Outlets!!!!

My personal opinion is how many others did this lady and her manager treat rudely that day? Or any other day? How many others who dont post on internet boards and just wont go back. Do you really think this is just an isolated incident that just happened to happen to a board poster?

I'm sorry but excuses do not cut it in the service industry. You do not accuse any customer of lying about a $3 item. You just give it to them. That is basic customer service and if this is how this was handled I am glad to know about it

DianeV said:
My personal opinion is how many others did this lady and her manager treat rudely that day? Or any other day? How many others who dont post on internet boards and just wont go back. Do you really think this is just an isolated incident that just happened to happen to a board poster?

I'm sorry but excuses do not cut it in the service industry. You do not accuse any customer of lying about a $3 item. You just give it to them. That is basic customer service and if this is how this was handled I am glad to know about it
--------------------------------

But to ask people to boycott an establishment over the actions of one employee? As mentioned before, we have absolutely NO way of knowing that this employee was in fact the "manager".. Employees often claim they are the "manager" in situations like this simply because there isn't a manager available at the time of the incident..

So - if "excuses do not cut it in the service industry" are you going to have your electric shut off the next time a rep is less than pleasant? Are you going to refuse to return to Disney ever again because one CM is rude? Are you going to fly another airline home from Florida because the ticket agent on the way down treated you less than kindly?

Seems like a "throw the baby out with the bath water" mentality to me.. :confused3

If every establishment was the victim of a boycott based on the experiences of one person (and if I read this thread correctly, it is in fact only "one" person sharing their experience) every service industry in the world would have to shut down..

It's fine to share an experience, but to ask for a boycott is waaaaaaaay over the top..

DMRick

Sorry to get off topic, but I've been trying to figure out what is sitting in front of your boy in the picture in your signature...it's a kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream!!

lovethattink said:
Sorry to get off topic, but I've been trying to figure out what is sitting in front of your boy in the picture in your signature...it's a kitchen sink at Beaches and Cream!!

That it is. Not my favorite dessert, but my grandson loved it! We go to Beaches a lot, but we don't get the kitchen sink, unless the grands are with us...and even then, we get our own desserts. I'm not a fan at all of all the stuff in the KS..perfect for kids though.

Darby O'Gill said:
but I promise you my family will never spend our bucks there. Why? Because the only way to change a stores' thinking is to have consequences for their own actions.
But unless a letter is written to the chain, owner, etc, they'll never know this happened, and it will never change their thinking..since they don't know it happened. All that happened, is they got to keep her money and her food. Why not give the upper up management a chance to rectify this?

If you can honestly answer no - you have never had a "bad day" and have never been short, irritable or unpleasant with anyone, then you simply must share your secret.. Everyone has a "bad day" at some point in their lives..
Oh gosh sure we've all had a bad day. But if I am rude to someone, I make a point of apologizing unless the person I was rude to was rude to me first (and egged me on).
And an APOLOGY from the Juice manager for calling the OP an liar would have been more than appropriate ! Sure she "may" have had a bad day (not that this excuses her) but how 'bout acknowledging she was unfairly rude and accusatory to the OP :confused3
The OP's receipt did prove that the manager was indeed wrong (as well as blatantly rude !).
OP stated: I told her that I had no need to lie over a $3 dollar sandwich, that she should look over her cash register and verify the order. She told me I was lying and to prove it she was going to look over the register. When she checked over the register she found my order
I'm sure the OP never got a "sorry". That one little word would probably have sufficed the OP.
Something along the lines of "sorry ma'am, I do see your order is on this receipt. I apologize for ignoring you and calling you a liar". Hmmm......as far as I see it (still), the OP had every right to be upset and not wish to patron this place again. They may very well have been inspired to follow this incident up with a letter as well. I sure hope so.
Not sure we'll hear from the OP again (can't blame her) as I think she's dropped off this thread for being criticized so much. It's amazing how someone shares an experience of outright BAD customer service, yet so many run to defend the rude person. I just don't get this at all :confused3 So many of you are so ready and willing to make excuses and defend the very poor behaviour by the Juice manager, yet not willing at all to offer the same courtesy to the OP. :sad2: I feel we should give her the benefit of the doubt as well.

MiaSRN62 said:
I just don't get this at all :confused3 So many of you are so ready and willing to make excuses and defend the very poor behaviour by the Juice manager, yet not willing at all to offer the same courtesy to the OP. :sad2: I feel we should give her the benefit of the doubt as well.
I'm not defending poor behavior, however I do understand how not everyone is always pleasant. Stuff happens. As stated, I don't know what happened to the server before this happened. I would have gotten my money back (that would have taught more of a lesson than letting them keep it) and written to the chain, if it bothered me that much. I didn't understand why it was posted under Disney restaurants since it wasn't (since moved by a mod) or why it was felt the entire store should be banned because one server was rude. Perhaps she wondered why the OP didn't mention the food until the second order came. Maybe the people in front of her had just pulled a scam..I just don't know, I wasn't there, so I don't know all the particulars. I have no idea what exchange took place. I have nothing against the op, but I have gotten items from the Juice place, and all I'm saying is, I would have empathy, not knowing what went on in this gals life before the op came...it's not a job I would want. Perhaps an appology would have happened..but the OP walked away.
There are so many people looking for low paying jobs in Florida, if this gal is often like this, I would assume by now she is no longer with the company anyway..if people took the time to write a letter. As mentioned, it's a head up, and just like I always check my order at Mickey D's, because too many times it's not always in the bag, I'll be sure to check this place, because of the OP telling us her order was not complete. That's a heads up, I'll pay attention to.

Maria
I agree with your posts. There is NO excuse when you are in a job dealing with the public. And yes an apology after learning you were WRONG would have probably gone a long way here. I am not as much upset with what happened but more with how it was handled. Yes you can have a bad day but when you are wrong admit it and take care of it in the right way. Are we supposed to excuse rudeness because someone is in a hard low pay job?

Maybe one would have been forthcoming. How do we know?

**When she checked over the register she found my order and I told her that she could keep the $3 dollar sandwich and I walked away!!**

DMRick says : would have gotten my money back (that would have taught more of a lesson than letting them keep it) and written to the chain, if it bothered me that much. I didn't understand why it was posted under Disney restaurants
Well, I can totally forgive the OP for posting in the wrong boards---not everyone is as DIS saavy as some others and realize the proper etiquette ? The OP probably associated Juice It Up with "restaurants" (and maybe generalized it as being in the disney "area".) These boards are titled "Orlando resorts and attractions". Bridgettesmom may not have associated Juice It Up as an "attraction" ? I can totally understand this.
As for the OP not getting her money back. Different folks handle stressful situations in VERY different ways. For her, she may just have wanted to remove herself from the insulting rudeness of this manager. Who knows....she may have had a cooling off period and decided to write. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt just as some of you are giving the manager the benefit of the doubt (i.e. "Perhaps she wondered why the OP didn't mention the food until the second order came. Maybe the people in front of her had just pulled a scam.." etc). What about the OP ? Maybe she was embarrassed in front of other customers being accused of being a liar/cheat ? Maybe her child was cranky/crying/temper tantrum----who knows as you put it ? :confused3

I would have empathy, not knowing what went on in this gals life before the op came...it's not a job I would want.
Just as I have empathy for the OP who I'll assume did nothing to deserve this treatment and never got a simple "I'm sorry". Maybe the OP had a bad day and was looking for a friendly face and a cool drink. Instead she was accused of being a liar ? Not fun while you're on vacation ?
I think this thread will always remain split.

I am not as much upset with what happened but more with how it was handled. Yes you can have a bad day but when you are wrong admit it and take care of it in the right way. Are we supposed to excuse rudeness because someone is in a hard low pay job?
Thanks Diane.....it's a no-brainer for me as well. This should be expected in customer service. Noone needs to stand for this sort of thing. I have bad days too.....but I don't take them to work with me.

DianeV said:
Are we supposed to excuse rudeness because someone is in a hard low pay job?
----------------
No.. But are we supposed to boycott an establishment based on the performance of one employee?

And I've yet to see any solid evidence that this was a "manager" - other than the employee "claiming" to be one - unless I missed the part where the OP said she was wearing a name tag that verified the employees position..

It sounds to me like there were "ruffled feathers" and "accusations" thrown about on both sides.. Wasn't it the OP who first brought up the subject of lying?

Just seems to me that a calmer approach would have been the better route to go - with a follow up letter to the appropriate corporate offices..

I don't think anyone is criticizing the fact that she felt she was wronged - just her inability to see that one bad incident doesn't necessarily warrant an all out boycott of the establishment..

MiaSRN62 said:
Different folks handle stressful situations in VERY different ways. For her, she may just have wanted to remove herself from the insulting rudeness of this manager. Who knows....she may have had a cooling off period and decided to write. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt just as some of you are giving the manager the benefit of the doubt ***
Maybe she was embarrassed in front of other customers being accused of being a liar/cheat ? Maybe her child was cranky/crying/temper tantrum----who knows as you put it ?
Surprise surprise, I agree. Perhaps they both had off days. If a server had written in to tell about the awful customer she has, I would have posted the same thing...that maybe the customer had had a bad day. I have empathy for both sides.

What I think some of you are failing to realize is that the employee started all this not the customer. I probably would have gotten pretty defensive and upset had I been accused of lying over a $3 sandwich too.

I dont care if the employee had a bad day, I dont care if the manager had a bad day.. I care that I am the customer and should never be told (or insinuated to) that I am lying about a purchase. It should have never come to that. If the customer stated they paid the customer should have gotten it.

I have a really hard time understanding anyone excusing rude employees and I think the OP has every right to feel the way she does AND to suggest to others not to go there. She is upset and rightfully so and maybe just maybe she is trying to prevent something like this happening again...of course everyone has the right to go where they want to but ya know, we have dining reviews right on these boards and if people didnt care what others thought they wouldnt be reading them would they and take them into consideration?

DianeV said:
What I think some of you are failing to realize is that the employee started all this not the customer. I probably would have gotten pretty defensive and upset had I been accused of lying over a $3 sandwich too.
I'm not forgetting that. I guess we all react differently. Did she say..you are a liar!, or did she say, no, I don't remember you ordering the sandwich two orders ago. Again, I wasn't there, to hear the voices, and maybe they both were having bad days. As I said, I just would have asked for my money back (cause I too, wouldn't have wanted the sandwich, if I had just argued with the person making it). I doubt I would have even remembered the exchange several days later.

bridgettesmom said:
. So, I'm just telling my 50,000 closest friends to avoid this place.

ORLANDO PREMIUM OUTLETS - DO NOT EAT AT JUICE IT UP!!!!!!
--------------------------------

No, what I think people are failing to realize is that it's unfair to make a statement like this - based on one bad experience with one employee..

C.Ann says : It sounds to me like there were "ruffled feathers" and "accusations" thrown about on both sides.. Wasn't it the OP who first brought up the subject of lying?
Not as far as I'm getting it Ann ???
from the original post :
I placed 2 orders, I ordered and paid for the first one and then I ordered and paid for the second one. I got the juice for the first order and then she gave me the second order. When I told her I was missing an egg croissant from the first order. A "woman" that was in charge gave me a blank stare and ignored me . When I told her again she told me I had never placed 2 orders I told her that I had no need to lie over a $3 dollar sandwich, that she should look over her cash register and verify the order. She told me I was lying
Was the OP not supposed to request what she had already ordered and paid for ? I'm not seeing where Bridgettesmom threw any sort of accusations ? You must be reading the original post much differently than I ? On the contrary, the Juice manager seemed argumentative with the OP when all she was asking for was what she paid for :confused3

DMRick says : I have empathy for both sides.
I'm having some difficulty (obviously from my posts) empathizing with the manager. I just don't get why she would outrightly ignore the OP and then flat-out accuse her of lying ? Seems like a really harsh and unprofessional way to treat a customer who is only requesting what she paid the establishment for ? :confused3
edited to add : If you've ever been blatantly ignored when you did nothing wrong, it is so very disrespectful and demeaning. Can only imagine how Bridgettesmom must have felt as an innocent customer not deserving of the managers fallout from a "bad day".

Well I guess when its our money we are spending we feel we deserve to get treated courteously. Do you really think this OP is the first person ever to tell others their bad experience somewhere and state that people shouldnt go there? Happens all the time! I would rather know about it and with so many other places to get food I would certainly keep in mind someone elses expereince somewhere..

As far as the lying thing. Do you really think if it was stated like I am sorry I dont remember you ordering that? the OP would have gotten upset? I dont think so. There had to be something more to it to feel you were being told you were lying.

DianeV said:
As far as the lying thing. Do you really think if it was stated like I am sorry I dont remember you ordering that? the OP would have gotten upset? I dont think so. There had to be something more to it to feel you were being told you were lying.

Where did this come from? I didn't suggest the server said she was sorry. I have no way of knowing how either was said, since I wasn't there to see or hear. See how easy it is for things to get mixed up?

I'm not forgetting that. I guess we all react differently. Did she say..you are a liar!, or did she say, no, I don't remember you ordering the sandwich two orders ago. -------

DMRick, you didnt say this? My bad for putting in the apology part..guess I forgot she DIDNT apologize!

I am done here..you can have the last word..I know you like to

DianeV said:
. Do you really think this OP is the first person ever to tell others their bad experience somewhere and state that people shouldnt go there? Happens all the time! I would rather know about it and with so many other places to get food I would certainly keep in mind someone elses expereince somewhere..
------------------------
Certainly not.. Just take a look on the boards here - Transportation; Disney Restaurants; Disney Resorts; Theme Parks and Attractions; etc..

But I also don't see people post in big red letters that the folks here should NOT go to those establishments either..

Just recently someone posted quite a few complaints about the Pop Century.. I was there myself in April and never saw ANY of the issues that this poster found so problematic.. Had I seen her post prior to my going there, should I have blindly accepted her comments without further investigation and stayed elsewhere? :confused3

Guess I'm just more of a "see for myself" type of gal these days.. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter