Beverage Tastings/Mixology Class

DisneeRunner

Earning My Ears
We're set to sail in March on the Wonder. We were online as soon as our booking window opened, but there were no classes or tastings available. Do they reserve any spots for booking onboard? We're super bummed, but it looks like most of the tastings were filled by high up castaway members!

There was another post like this just a few days ago, and I had a similar post last fall when the same thing happened to me. Either there are that many more gold/platinum this year or they have lowered the number of spots they make available online because it is definitely becoming more and more of a common issue that tastings/specialty dining/character meals are booking up prior to Silver CC level.

Yes, they'll have more spots on board.

The Navigator you receive when you check in will have information regarding where to go to get reservations for tastings, Palo, etc. Check one of the Navigators posted online for a similar cruise to see where the information is located.

There was another post like this just a few days ago, and I had a similar post last fall when the same thing happened to me. Either there are that many more gold/platinum this year or they have lowered the number of spots they make available online because it is definitely becoming more and more of a common issue that tastings/specialty dining/character meals are booking up prior to Silver CC level.

Thank you! Our first stop will be Guest Services, I guess!

I've read that more Gold/Platinum travel on the PC cruises. Maybe that's it?

As others mentioned, check with Guest Services but not just the first day. Some people might cancel or switch - I know we have! In fact just last week we flipped from mojito to tequila to try something new and because we loved the bartender/mixologist running it.
Also, sometimes if you just show up (see Navigator for times) they’ll add you on the spot and just ask for your key card to charge.🥂

Our last trip I wanted to get seats for the character breakfast but they were all gone by the time Silvers could book. Three days later I was showing my daughter what we had been able to book - and saw a new session of the character breakfast had been added. Keep checking.

That is very odd. Typically the only thing that is gone during Silver booking are the cabanas

That is very odd. Typically the only thing that is gone during Silver booking are the cabanas

Would that just be for Castaway Cay? We aren't stopping there as we're going from NOLA to San Diego.

Our last trip I wanted to get seats for the character breakfast but they were all gone by the time Silvers could book. Three days later I was showing my daughter what we had been able to book - and saw a new session of the character breakfast had been added. Keep checking.

I've been checking about 8-10 times a day. I was able to get Palo and Character Breakfast without an issue. Speaking of, do you recommend Character Breakfast if we are only a group of adults?

As others mentioned, check with Guest Services but not just the first day. Some people might cancel or switch - I know we have! In fact just last week we flipped from mojito to tequila to try something new and because we loved the bartender/mixologist running it.
Also, sometimes if you just show up (see Navigator for times) they’ll add you on the spot and just ask for your key card to charge.🥂

Thanks! We figured we could try just showing up, but with four of us I figured the chances were slim.

I am a kid at heart and like all the characters, so for me, it would be yes for a group of adults. Breakfast was fine, but the interaction and photo ops with Mickey and friends was why I went.

@DisneeRunner yes it is for Castaway Cay as I've only done Caribbean cruises. Check your Navigator on the first day to see where you need to go to book tastings. When you board the cruise head straight there and wait. You should be able to sign up for the tasting you want

If by some coincidence you are cruising on the January 18 Fantasy Western Caribbean SWDAS, we have a few open spots in a private Mixology Class I have been recruited to coordinate for the cruise group on the platform that rhymes with Place Hook. Given it's a private class, Disney charges a bit more and includes the gratuity in the price. It's $40.25 a head. You can post here, there, or send me a message.

We're set to sail in March on the Wonder. We were online as soon as our booking window opened, but there were no classes or tastings available. Do they reserve any spots for booking onboard? We're super bummed, but it looks like most of the tastings were filled by high up castaway members!

There might be some availability on-board but also keep checking. Everything was full when our booking window (silver) opened but I have since managed to get 3 tastings but checking regularly.

There might be some availability on-board but also keep checking. Everything was full when our booking window (silver) opened but I have since managed to get 3 tastings but checking regularly.

I've been checking constantly. I got one person in to one Cognac tasting and that's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter