Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn, anyone?

LizzyS

DIS Veteran
I posted a thread yesterday asking for tips about calling in to make reservations at the Red Lion (my usual go-to), but they had nothing available for my dates!

I made reservations at the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn instead and, considering they include what seems like a decent breakfast, have free parking, and are much closer to the Esplanade, I don't see that I've gone wrong here. I don't see anything to dislike about this hotel and it gets great ratings.

Does anyone who has stayed here have any tips/comments about it? TIA!

I’ve stayed here a few times and it’s my favorite on Harbor. We like to have breakfast out on their balcony ( In the eating area) and watch people walking to the parks. The rooms were clean and it’s incredibly close!

Yes, we „always“ stay there...it is our go to (now 6 times I total) and we like it very much...
They renovated the rooms a few years ago (At least they were renovated last summer)
We really enjoy the breakfast (some hot stuff, some sweet stuff, toast, cornflakes... nothing fancy but good enough for us for sure) you can even eat outside at the „balcony“ of the breakfast room...( we as Europeans don’t really like the cold indoor room:rolleyes1)
There aren’t that many parking spots though so it sometimes gets a little full (but we always found a spot ...at least those times we had a rental)
It is pretty close for sure... it is not the closest hotel but I guess in that range it mostly depends on where your hotel room is located on hotel property itself...

Follow up question for anyone that knows. I'll be staying there in about a month and will have a rental car. Will I be able to park there before I can check in? Planning on getting there early and heading over to the parks. Or will I need to pay for parking at DLC?

Thanks!

Follow up question for anyone that knows. I'll be staying there in about a month and will have a rental car. Will I be able to park there before I can check in? Planning on getting there early and heading over to the parks. Or will I need to pay for parking at DLC?

Thanks!
In the past they told us if there was a spot open, we were free to take it, otherwise, we would have to wait.

The only thing I've been apprehensive about with this hotel is that it looks like the parking is adequate, but not abundant.

If we can't find a spot to park in, I wonder what they'd do? Maybe they have an overflow option somewhere nearby? We won't be moving our car a ton during our trip, but will some.

This is one of our regular places on Harbor. Clean and close. We have not had a problem with parking. I believe there may be some public parking lots on Katella though haven't tried them.

The only thing I've been apprehensive about with this hotel is that it looks like the parking is adequate, but not abundant.

If we can't find a spot to park in, I wonder what they'd do? Maybe they have an overflow option somewhere nearby? We won't be moving our car a ton during our trip, but will some.
I’ve stayed here 4 times within the last 5 years and never had a problem finding available parking.

Just stayed there in May and the hotel was perfect. Free parking, free breakfast (was able to eat outside on the balcony), super close, and the employees were nice. We were able to park when we arrived (prior to room being ready) and were able to leave the car there until later in the afternoon on our checkout date. That might not be the case for everyone (because of when others check in or out), but it worked very well for us.

Quick update, we were able to park the morning of our check in a about 7AM and pre-register. They gave us a parking permit then as well. Also my sister-in-law checked out a day before us and was able to keep their car there until about 9pm. This was dependent on people checking in that day, so you may not be able to do this.

overall, this was a great place to stay. It's no Grand Californian or Disneyland Hotel but the location is fantastic. closer to the parks than the Disneyland Hotel.

The one drawback is that once you exit Disney property to cross the street there were a few homeless people and a few people trying to sell waters/a photo with a parrot. If you're a person that needs to have the Disney Bubble, this may take you out of it a bit.

Overall I'd def go back to this hotel.

Last edited:
Quick update, we were able to park the morning of our check in a about 7AM and pre-register. They gave us a parking permit then as well. Also my sister-in-law checked out a day before us and was able to keep their car there until about 9pm. This was dependent on people checking in that day, so you may not be able to do this.

overall, this was a great place to stay. It's no Grand Californian or Disneyland Hotel but the location is fantastic. closer to the parks than the Disneyland Hotel.

The one drawback is that once you exit Disney property to cross the street there were a few homeless people and a few people trying to sell waters/a photo with a parrot. If you're a person that needs to have the Disney Bubble, this may take you out of it a bit.

Overall I'd def go back to this hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am very much looking forward to trying out this hotel on our next trip.

I thought I had made my decision to stay at BWPPI, but now I'm seeing that I can get a larger suite at BW Anaheim for basically the same price as the BWPPI mini suite. Does anyone know what time breakfast starts at BW Anaheim? Anyone bothered by the noise from roof top bar next door?

I thought I had made my decision to stay at BWPPI, but now I'm seeing that I can get a larger suite at BW Anaheim for basically the same price as the BWPPI mini suite. Does anyone know what time breakfast starts at BW Anaheim? Anyone bothered by the noise from roof top bar next door?
Just to make sure... You are asking about the BE Anaheim inn?

breakfast daily: 6:30 - 10:00 am

I wasn’t bothered by any noise but I didn’t sleep much to be honest(I was in bed no earlier than midnight usually even later and woke up at about 6am)

Just to make sure... You are asking about the BE Anaheim inn?

breakfast daily: 6:30 - 10:00 am

I wasn’t bothered by any noise but I didn’t sleep much to be honest(I was in bed no earlier than midnight usually even later and woke up at about 6am)
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. On our last trip, we were in a 5th floor room toward the front at DI&S, and I was surprised to hear just how loudly we could hear the band at the Grand Legacy bar. I was worried about being any closer to it, but I'm sure the noise level varies every night.

One more question, has anyone ever stayed in the 1 King/ 2Q suite at BW Anaheim? Does it also have a sofa bed?

One more question, has anyone ever stayed in the 1 King/ 2Q suite at BW Anaheim? Does it also have a sofa bed?
Answering my own question, YES! I was planning on booking a mini suite at BWPPI, but with taxes and parking included, the 2 room 1King/2Q +sofabed suite at BW Anaheim was only $16 more for the entire stay. Only a few more steps to the crosswalk, and my 3 teens will each have their own bed (peace on earth!) Now I just need to count down the next 345 days😉!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter