Best Western new ownership?

LIPeter

Mouseketeer
I just got an email from the Best Western Lake Buena Vista near Disney Springs, and it stated that this hotel is no longer a Best Western branded hotel. Anyone have any info on this?

A video on their twitter page in January suggests that they were going to be becoming the "Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando Lake Buena Vista" in 2021. Perhaps with the covid closure that transition is happening earlier ?

See also from December

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201912/7151/
" Drury Hotels today unveiled its plans to open Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando Lake Buena Vista in 2021, replacing the Best Western Lake Buena Vista. Drury is adding a new tower to the 325-room property, expanding it to 604 rooms. The first 264 rooms in the renovated and rebranded property will open in spring 2021. "

Drury bought it and is renovating it, adding a tower. We drove past a couple of weeks ago and the tower is still far from completion. I did see a truck with Drury painted on it parked outside.

I liked the Drury over by Universal, as it can save you a few bucks with all the free food and drinks they offer. Whether or not they offer that at Disney we will have to wait and see....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter