Best Wedding planning book??

Jen72386

DIS Veteran
So if you had to pick one what woul dbe your number one wedding planner book? im trying to help a friend out and wanted to grab a book for her. Thanks!

Jen- I saw your post here yesterday and over on the budget board.

You probobly havent received responses here because most brides here are Disney Brides-- they get married at Disney world. There isnt really one book that pin-points all of the 'how-to's' to being a disney bride. Our planning is different be cause we go through a coordinator.

If I, as a Disney Bride, had to say what my best planning method was... I would choose this DISBoard Forum. Most here are in the process of planning a disney wedding, or have already been married at Disney (or honeymooned there) and know everything there is to know about centerpieces, food, guests, rooms, etc.

I agree with Maggimus, with the Disney wedding you don't really need the wedding planner books. I do have one, but only use it as a memory book of sorts. I have the Lifetime Intimate Portrait Wedding Planner. It is really neat with sections that ask you to write down your thoughts from ring buying to bridal showers and even peoples reactions to your engagement. I find it exciting when I get to write more in the book, and see all the empty lines start to fill up.:goodvibes

I have two books. They were given to me as Christmas gifts and I love them.

I have a Life Brides Guide- Andrea Matter
The Bride Guide- Dinah Braun Griffin and Marla Schram Schwartz

Both can be bought at Barnes and Nobles

Plus I use other sources such as the Disboards:goodvibes and theknot.com

Good luck and tell your friend congrats!!

Someone got me the Martha Stewart weddings book for an engagement gift...I only used it to store clippings and my worksheet from Disney but it was very pretty and had a whole bunch of useful pockets..

I also got the Martha Stewart one. More than anything it held everything nicely in it. I agree with the other DISers that with a Disney wedding you don't really need one but this one is nice to tote everything around in.

Denise and Alan Fields' planner - Bridal Bargains Wedding Planner: The Dollars and Sense Guide to Planning Your Wedding - is a complement to their book of the same name, which I thought was GREAT!

It tells you about all the wedding dress ripoffs and scams to avoid, gives you an idea of how much the average wedding costs, and offers lots of realistic ways to save money (well, OK, except the part about decorating with balloons. That was just...cheesey...).

Even Disney Brides can use it to cut costs on the gown, outside floral, invitations, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter