Best way to use QSDP credit

hmkaden

Earning My Ears
Would anyone share the best ways that they have found to use these credits? Is it best to use a snack creadit for breakfast, CS for lunch and dinner and then only have 1 snack for the day? Or do you pay OOP for breafast and then have both snacks during the day? Any other ways work well? I will be with by DH, MIL and DD (5). Thanks!

I don't think there is one way that is best for everyone. It really depends on what your family's habits are. There is no right or wrong way to use your credits.

If you like to snack then save your credits for snacks and pay for breakfast. If you usually get just one snack during the day then use your credits for breakfast.

If it were me, I'd bring a few quick items for breakfast in the room (cereal, cereal bars, fruit, etc.) and then use the credits for snacks in the park...but that's us. It really is personal preference.

I completely agree. I probably should have titled this "the best way YOU have used your QSDP credits" I'm looking for different ways others have used them so that I can figure it out for my family.

We've never used the QSDP, just the regular, but in the same sense -- we've often combined the use of credits, and shared our meals i.e. for our family of 4, for breakfast we have used 2 CS credits and 2 snack credits. This gives us enough food, and has left us the option using the extra CS credits and snack credits later on in the day...

Best way to use your QS/Counter is at CSR without a doubt

We share a lot of QS meals. I find that most are huge.

If you want some great quality places to use the QS credits and have more than enough to share....

MK: Cosmic Rays Rotisserie chicken and Ribs combo platter...ton of food plus you would get a drink (can get a free ice water) and a dessert to share.

DTD: Wolfgang puck Express...everything is good and big. I don't think I have seen many people be able to finish a meal there, plus the food is delicious, you have a server who brings food to you so it feels like a TS, and they refill your drinks.

EPCOT: Tangeriene Cafe Schwarma platters have a lot of food chicken or lamb and side dishes and you get baklava.

Poly-Captain Cook's: Has lots of unique CS options-BBQ pulled pork sandwich with aloha chips..YUM, flatbreads, stir fry noodles (they even give you chopsticks), and serve yourself dole whips as dessert. Plus, you can take your food out by the pool and sit on the beach and enjoy the view....sooooo nice even if you aren't staying at the resort.
Oh, you can also use your QS credits here to get the Tonga Toast for breakfast without the $100 breakfast bill from Kona Cafe.

If people aren't big breakfast eaters or you have other things to supplement, consider getting just one breakfast (or maybe 2) to share. With each breakfast you get 2 drinks and if you already have coffee from your room (or have refillable mugs) you could get 2 orange juice which are plenty big for 4 people.

We stayed at All Star Music last week and between 9 of us, would only get 3 breakfasts to share - we did have other food in the room to eat too.

If you happen to find yourself with CS credits to spare, Earl of Sandwich sandwiches are great for the flight home. Wolfgang Puck is great too, but a little messier for traveling.

I usually bring poptarts or something for breakfasts. In addition I dont really like to "waste" my time in the morning going somewhere to eat.
I typically use all my snack ccredits, I got some iced coffees, smoothies. You can use two by getting a soda and popcorn. I havent gone there yet, but I keep planning on hitting up Goofy's Candy Co. with some extras.

Best way to use your QS/Counter is at CSR without a doubt

I agree. They have a $20 salmon dinner there (yup, counter service)! Its awesome!! Two of the last 3 times we went we stayed at CSR. This Nov, we are staying at the POP:mad: Oh well, hopefully, the food court is good there too.

We don't do breakfest. We just eat a early lunch. But we do like to use are snack credits for funnel cake and dole whips. :)

We rarely use any credits at breakfast. I bring granola bars and pop tarts to eat at the bus stops on our way to the parks in the am. Once in awhile I'll get a combo breakfast for the 4 of us to share if someone is super hungry.

Then it works out that everyone is hungry by 11 am, so we eat an early CS lunch before they hit the busy lunch rush hour. We normally eat about 5:30 at home, so we try to schedule our TS dinners for about 5 or so.

Poly-Captain Cook's: Has lots of unique CS options-BBQ pulled pork sandwich with aloha chips..YUM, flatbreads, stir fry noodles (they even give you chopsticks), and serve yourself dole whips as dessert. Plus, you can take your food out by the pool and sit on the beach and enjoy the view....sooooo nice even if you aren't staying at the resort.
Oh, you can also use your QS credits here to get the Tonga Toast for breakfast without the $100 breakfast bill from Kona Cafe.

Hey, this sounds like some of my plans :)

We plan on visiting the Poly before MK one day for breakfast so I can finally taste that Tonga Toast! We also plan on taking a mid-day break from the MK one day to run over to the Poly and try the pull pork sandwich. It sounds delish with the pineapple slaw and ciabatta bread! Now, I tried the dole whip once at MK and wasn't impressed - thought it was too sweet (and this is coming from someone who can eat buttercream frosting by the spoonfuls!). Maybe I'll try it again.

Your a girl after my own heart! If you like pineapple, give it another try. It's yum!

I think I will as I do love pineapple. As far as buttercream frosting, forget the cake, I'll take all the frosting. It's so funny to see people scrape all the frosting off because they think it's too sweet. I almost want to go up to their plate with my spoon. Oh, wait, I do sometimes :rotfl:

BTW, I live in the Houston area too - Pearland.

This may sound lame, but I loved the Burrito at San Angels (?), QS in Epcot/Mexico. It was tasty and moist. It also was more than enough for my husband and I, and there was a nice big Churro for dessert. Yummy!

We just got back from a 9 day trip and thought that we would try just having a late breakfast and then an early dinner. Then fill in between with the snacks if needed. It worked out great. We hardly used the snacks, in fact we brought home 21 items that we bought with the snack credits(we had 36 credits to start).

In the past we thought the portions were very large but last year we noticed they were much smaller. This year they are huge again. There were several days that we shared CS meals.

We usually eat a CS lunch around Noon. Then we'll eat a TS dinner around 7:30pm. Sometimes we'll have a snack in the afternoon, sometimes we won't. We do pay OOP for 2 character breakfasts...so when we do that we will just eat a TS dinner. So we usually have a few CS meals extra - so we'll use those at random times when we're hungry. Sometimes we'll have a late night snack. Sometimes we'll grab something early for breakfast. We just go with the flow.

Hey, this sounds like some of my plans :)

We plan on visiting the Poly before MK one day for breakfast so I can finally taste that Tonga Toast! We also plan on taking a mid-day break from the MK one day to run over to the Poly and try the pull pork sandwich. It sounds delish with the pineapple slaw and ciabatta bread! Now, I tried the dole whip once at MK and wasn't impressed - thought it was too sweet (and this is coming from someone who can eat buttercream frosting by the spoonfuls!). Maybe I'll try it again.

Get the dole whip swirled with the vanilla soft serve. The machines at captain cookes have vanilla on one side, the pineapple on the other side. Pick the one in the middle and swirl it....i love it with the vanilla.

The citrus swirl with the frozen oj and vanilla is also amazing at sunshine tree terrace (at the exit of Tiki birds in MK)...snack credit.

This may sound lame, but I loved the Burrito at San Angels (?), QS in Epcot/Mexico. It was tasty and moist. It also was more than enough for my husband and I, and there was a nice big Churro for dessert. Yummy!

fantastic CS choice.

I used to love the taco salads but then they changed it from a fresh made flour tortilla shell to a pre-made (not even warmed up) corn shell like a boxed taco...ICK.

I haven't tried them since that time. Just go for the platters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter