"Best" time to submit a room request?

PeterPanFan123

What if I fall? Oh,but my darling,what if you fly?
What do you all think- is there more success waiting until close to your arrival to submit a room request (and is that 2 weeks or 1 week before arrival?) or is anytime just as (potentially) successful?

I understand you want to have it, AND do Online Check In by about 5 days before your visit, since, supposedly, on day 4 before the reservation date is when they go through the requests and start to match them up. At least I have read that.

I've actually gotten my request morning of check-in while there.. I think it's just a matter of luck and who "works" the requests at the time - that is why they always say they can't guarantee the request - I, honestly would do it upon making the reservation, and then check up on the res a couple of times and "check" on the request - it keeps it actively in view :)

I do it the Monday of the week we leave and always get exactly what I want, with the one exception of this past September 5, but I chalked it up to Dorian. It's been many requests and always get the room/next to/close by of what I asked for and I always use TouringPlans room request. This year, I got a text that our room was ready on ME, I went on dis and didn't like the room so I went to concierge at GFVs and requested a change, which they did for me.

Let us know how it works out for you.

I don’t think there is a best time. As long as it is in before the time rooms are being assigned.,which is suggested to be about 2 weeks prior..your chance is as good as any.

I’ve had good luck with most of mine as they are Pretty generic like not first floor.

Can you submit a room request via chat or e-mail? I rented points from another DVC owner and was wondering if I could make the request directly or if I need them to call and do that on my behalf?

You can make room requests by Chat through the DVC website.
I don't know anything about doing it by email.
If you are also a DVC owner, I don't see why you couldn't do it yourself. You will probably need the membership number it was done under, your reservation number and the dates.

You can make room requests by Chat through the DVC website.
I don't know anything about doing it by email.
If you are also a DVC owner, I don't see why you couldn't do it yourself. You will probably need the membership number it was done under, your reservation number and the dates.

no - you actually need the owner of the points to put in the comments. They won't touch the reservation by chat unless you are logged into that account or give them the information of that account holder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!