Best style/brand shoes in summer for walking and sweaty feet?

billlaurie

Disneyfan
Keeping in mind heat and ability to get wet and dry quickly from weather and water rides, please recommend comfortable wear all day shoes for rope drop to close people. No desire to carry multiple pairs!

I wear tennis shoes all the time. What works for one may not work for another I know people can wear flip flops all day long I can not for a second

I'll admit I don't quite get these threads because, like the above poster, I just wear tennis shoes year-round. I've never made a distinction between daily shoe and park shoe.

Well we never do rope drop to close, but I've found what works best for me is to alternate between tennis shoes (Nike Pegasus) and Teva sandals (I'm really liking the Terra Float 2 knit - they are super light weight and more cushioned than most Tevas). My feet feel better if I don't wear the same shoes every day.

I used to wear flip flops, and that was great as long as they had some cushion. Last time I wore Teva sandals, but found myself using my toes to “grip” the sandal and my feet hurt. Ended up wearing my Brooks gym shoes. We were there in July/August and the gym shoes were still surprisingly fine.

I wear a comfortable and breathable sneaker. I like the sketchers with memory foam for Disney.
I always bring 2 pairs..in case I get caught in the rain and the first pair gets soaked. (I used to wear flip flops...but I need better support if i'm on my feet all day...not 20 something anymore)

I also recommend wearing what ever shoes you plan to bring in advance of your trip....make sure they are broken in.

If you do choose to wear flip flops and have no issues at home...remember you are now going to be in the Florida heat. You feet may swell and as a result blister from the flip flop. a way to help with the foot sweet and avoid blisters is to put deodorant on your feet. You don't need anything fancy. the cheap $1 travel one will work fine.

Thanks for the tips. I prefer sneakers too but find them hot in the summer and I need socks. Since we go infrequently,we go from morning to night. The last time we went to US, we got drenched and it was so uncomfortable and smelly for the rest of the day. I love the tip about deodorant! I was thinking more of something like Chacos or Keens or a similar brand with a strap and looking for experience with those types. No Crocs, they don't breathe and no between the toe flip/flop style.

Depends of your foot shape, but personally I love the Brooks Ghost 10s. Also highly recommend the Balega hidden comfort socks. I run in them in the middle of summer and my feet never get hot

I alternate between Asics Cumulus running shoes, Brooks Launch running shoes, and TEVA sandals.

Thanks for the tips. I prefer sneakers too but find them hot in the summer and I need socks. Since we go infrequently,we go from morning to night. The last time we went to US, we got drenched and it was so uncomfortable and smelly for the rest of the day. I love the tip about deodorant! I was thinking more of something like Chacos or Keens or a similar brand with a strap and looking for experience with those types. No Crocs, they don't breathe and no between the toe flip/flop style.
I did crocs my first trip back after taking a 10 year break. I had 4 blister on one foot and 3 on the other and it happens with in 20-30 minutes of putting them on when it started to rain I would bring a pair of sandle or anything that really fits your foot well before getting crocs as any movement and blister can start. I go a few time a year for a week at a time and since that trip I might get two blister ( the same spot so I now just put blister bandaids on) about once a year

I cannot recommend Chacos highly enough. They have fantastic arch support (which I need b/c I have very high arches), and because the straps go around your ankle + across your foot, you can walk like you would in sneakers. You don't have to do that slight shuffle that flip flops require just to keep the shoe on your foot. Obviously, they dry quickly too, which is a plus for summer + rides on Splash or Kali River Rapids. I agree with PPs who have recommended that you have at least two pairs of shoes to alternate between. No matter how well broken in or how ideal your shoes are, if you wear them for 14+ hours/day for more than a couple of days straight, you will STILL get blisters and sore spots. Maybe do 1 pair Chacos and 1 pair of Tevas or Keenes, if you are dead set against sneakers? I always bring a travel size of Body Glide with me to apply to the soles of my feet before I put shoes on for the day. Also helps prevent thigh chafe if you are not blessed with thigh gap!

I wear Croc sandals and have no issues. I bring a few pairs and alternate. However I did buy some Merrells (2 pair) and some Chacos to try.

I bring Chaco and Teva sandals. I love that every strap adjusts. My feet start to swell around day 5, so they can still be comfortable. I bring a pair of Croc flip flops to wear around the hotel in the evening. However, I agree that personal preferences play a big part. I only wear sneakers for working out. Otherwise, I don't like wearing them.

I bring Chaco and Teva sandals. I love that every strap adjusts. My feet start to swell around day 5, so they can still be comfortable. I bring a pair of Croc flip flops to wear around the hotel in the evening. However, I agree that personal preferences play a big part. I only wear sneakers for working out. Otherwise, I don't like wearing them.
thanks for the info. I just ordered some Chacos Z1Classic from REI for a great clearance price. Plenty of time to get them broken in before mid June. I don't mind sneakers in cooler weather but they are unbearable to me in the summer!

I can't wear tennis shoes in the parks, always end up with blisters, no matter the shoe. I wear Keen Venice H2's. Best shoe for me, hands down. Even after foot surgery, my feet didn't hurt after walking in them all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!