Best steaks on Universal Property?

saskdw

DIS Veteran
Hey all,

I’m curious which places at City Walk or the resorts have the best steaks?

We have a few go to steak places at Disney and are wondering about Universal?

Ive had lots of good burgers and meals at UO, but don’t recall ever having a stand out steak.

Hey all,

I’m curious which places at City Walk or the resorts have the best steaks?

We have a few go to steak places at Disney and are wondering about Universal?

Ive had lots of good burgers and meals at UO, but don’t recall ever having a stand out steak.

The Palm…….

That’s it.

Whatever you do, do not order a steak from NBC……dreadful. Some folks like Big Fire, but I’ve had so many friends say they don’t like the taste of the steaks from there, so not somewhere I’m fussed to go.

The Palm…….

That’s it.

Whatever you do, do not order a steak from NBC……dreadful. Some folks like Big Fire, but I’ve had so many friends say they don’t like the taste of the steaks from there, so not somewhere I’m fussed to go.

I had a steak at NBC last trip to UO and yes it was dreadful….LOL.

ill Have to check some reviews on Big Fire. It wasn’t there last trip.

I had a steak at NBC last trip to UO and yes it was dreadful….LOL.

ill Have to check some reviews on Big Fire. It wasn’t there last trip.

We had the worst meal ever at Big Fire last night……we’ll never go back.

They do get good reviews amazingly, but bringing out appetisers 15 minutes apart and then our entrees were not good to say the least. Tom‘s steak was cooked as we asked, but it was cold on the outside, the taste of what they cook their steaks in is completely overpowering, so much so you can’t taste the meat. He also said the filet had the texture of NY strip, slightly tougher which is not how filet should be at all.

I ordered the bbq shrimp and got a load of dried up shrimp with no sauce and also cold.

Dessert which the gave us despite us not really wanting them were also not good.

This place is so overrated it’s unreal. Several of our Loews/Universal friends told us not to go, I wish we’d listened.

They do get good reviews amazingly, but bringing out appetisers 15 minutes apart and then our entrees were not good to say the least. Tom‘s steak was cooked as we asked, but it was cold on the outside, the taste of what they cook their steaks in is completely overpowering, so much so you can’t taste the meat. He also said the filet had the texture of NY strip, slightly tougher which is not how filet should be at all.

I ordered the bbq shrimp and got a load of dried up shrimp with no sauce and also cold.

Dessert which the gave us despite us not really wanting them were also not good.

This place is so overrated it’s unreal. Several of our Loews/Universal friends told us not to go, I wish we’d listened.
I’m so sorry to hear that Carol! One of our fave meals on any theme park property was big fire!

Thanks for the heads up Carol.

I read a bunch of reviews on Trip Advisor and it really seems hit and miss. To me it sounds like they get so busy they have trouble delivering a consistent experience.

I think we will most likely pass on them. Steak is what we would be looking for there and I'm not paying $40 for a cold $15 steak!

My steak loving adult kid says The Palm. We did not like our steaks at Big Fire, and filets are what we order. Otherwise, off-site there are some very good steak places.

Big Fire was ok, but not great when we went. Maybe a notch above Applebees and below Longhorns. We haven't been to The Palm yet, but that is where I'd try for a good steak at UO.

We have been to Big Fire Twice. First time was really good. Second time not so much. Neither my Sister nor I like our meal. I wish I stuck to the Bison burger I got the first time. My Dad was the only one who was happy. He received a huge plate which he loved.

Another miss was Toothsome. The meal literally made us sick. NBC Sports bar has good food and a good variety of it. I don't order steaks when I'm out. Unless I'm at Longhorn or Outback. Im very picky about my steak I like it very lean with no fat. NONE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!