Best Secrets in Disneyland

wow I expected so much more ..........guess I will go look at it next trip now that is not so secret.
My favorite bathroom is the one near where I am when I have to go!

When DS was 5 ours was the Pinnochio bathroom because it was the only one without automatic flushers... which he was afraid of! :rotfl:

If the "secret" bathroom you all keep mentioning is the one someone told me in a PM...it's no secret. I've been there a million times. And it's on the map.

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/images/resortmaps/DL_DL.gif

Not only is it not a secret...but it's usually fairly crowded. And there aren't very many stalls. It's also one of the dirtier bathrooms in the park.

There is a regular bathroom in that area, but the one I'm talking about is not in that hallway. It's nearby, but completely separate and doesn't have stalls. Just one big room with a kids and adult toilet.

The family bathrooms are a newer concept at Disneyland. These are still public restrooms that are not "protected" by anybody for the purpose of maintaining their anonymity. Ask a cast member for the nearest family pooper or baby changing station and I assure you they will direct you to this one.

The Carnation Plaza Garden family bathroom is very easy to find and is frequently used by the dancin' fools who don't want to go to the stinky bathroom by Rancho del Rocalo. Here's a photo of the door to help anybody that doesn't know where it's at. It's almost always empty and quite clean. Beware of weekend crowds though because there are usually a two or three families waiting to use the "secret" bathroom.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2975775690032942782iikRwM

Frankly, I always thought Disneyland's best kept secret was the Disney Vacation Club.

When DS was 5 ours was the Pinnochio bathroom because it was the only one without automatic flushers... which he was afraid of! :rotfl:

Haha...I think most of the ones at DL are automatic now but I can't really recall. Maybe the ones on mainstreet near the carnation cafe or whatever it's call. Not for sure though.

The family bathrooms are a newer concept at Disneyland. These are still public restrooms that are not "protected" by anybody for the purpose of maintaining their anonymity. Ask a cast member for the nearest family pooper and I assure you they will direct you to this one.

At WDW there was a family restroom right next to most of the regular restrooms. Disneyland needs to get with the times...haha.

I thought you guys were talking about the one on main street. If you had said FAMILY bathroom I may have understood which one you meant. Again, I'm not sure why any bathroom in the park is really a "secret." I've seen families coming out of this one before. I just misread the original PM that I received. My bad...haha.

For the people that want to see it...haha....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drOziCNR5vU

True, it's a very public restroom and cast members will gladly tell you where it is. Which is why I don't mind sharing. But for years it's been known as the 'secret' restroom and I've been blasted here and on other boards for so called spilling the beans.

Ok, back to other secrets.

In the queue for Indiana Jones, there are signs warning of bats. If you look in the black lit holes in the caves you'll see the bats hanging there.

While in the queue for Star Tours, you'll hear a voice paging "Mr. Egroeg Sacul, Mr. Egroeg Sacul." which is George Lucas spelled backwards.

Just thought of another one since I'm planning my birthday trip.

I'm sure we all know about the birthday buttons you can get at City Hall. Be sure to visit the tortilla factory for a free package of tortillas. Everyone gets 1 tortilla when visiting but if you have a birthday button you'll get a dozen. YUMMY

True, it's a very public restroom and cast members will gladly tell you where it is. Which is why I don't mind sharing. But for years it's been known as the 'secret' restroom and I've been blasted here and on other boards for so called spilling the beans.

Ok, back to other secrets.

In the queue for Indiana Jones, there are signs warning of bats. If you look in the black lit holes in the caves you'll see the bats hanging there.

While in the queue for Star Tours, you'll hear a voice paging "Mr. Egroeg Sacul, Mr. Egroeg Sacul." which is George Lucas spelled backwards.

People are very posessive of Disneyland and hate it when everybody knows about things they think they have exclusive rights to. Pay no attention to them.

Star Tours also pages Tom Morrow which references Mission to Mars I think. They also reference a license plate numbered THX 1138 which is Lucas' first feature film. The droid repair room is my favorite.

The two droids that talk to the guests were once geese in America Sings. They're what was underneath the feathers. One even sings "I've Been Workin' On the Same Droid" which is a parody of the railroad version of the song they sung as geese. Look at the baskets overhead in this area and see if you can spot the Ewok doll.

Thanks for all the great "secrets". I think I'll be looking for some of these on our next trip. Wish I could add a few, but you've all mentioned any that I can think of. I'll keep my eyes peeled for more!:flower3:

I thought you guys were talking about the one on main street. If you had said FAMILY bathroom I may have understood which one you meant. Again, I'm not sure why any bathroom in the park is really a "secret." I've seen families coming out of this one before. I just misread the original PM that I received. My bad...haha.

For the people that want to see it...haha....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drOziCNR5vU

Too funny that someone not only got video of it but also posted it on youtube!

People are very posessive of Disneyland and hate it when everybody knows about things they think they have exclusive rights to. Pay no attention to them.

I have noticed the exact same thing! I can NOT :confused3 believe that there are folks getting their feathers ruffled about others telling the 'secrets' on a thread that is just about that! Come on folks, SHARE the magic! There are several of the 'secret bathroom' videos on you tube.
We are just over 90 days from our first trip to DL and I can't wait! My daughter is asking if there is a Peter Pan/Tinkerbell storeat DL. Anybody here able to answer that for me?

Just thought of another one since I'm planning my birthday trip.

I'm sure we all know about the birthday buttons you can get at City Hall. Be sure to visit the tortilla factory for a free package of tortillas. Everyone gets 1 tortilla when visiting but if you have a birthday button you'll get a dozen. YUMMY

Awesome! I'll do that tomorrow. Thanks. :banana:

I don't remember a specific Peter Pan store but you can find Tinkerbell costumes and other items in the Princess shop in Fantasyland.

We'll be there on the 23rd :cloud9: so I'll see where you can find the most Peter Pan. I usually hit all of the shops during my visit!

I have noticed the exact same thing! I can NOT :confused3 believe that there are folks getting their feathers ruffled about others telling the 'secrets' on a thread that is just about that! Come on folks, SHARE the magic! There are several of the 'secret bathroom' videos on you tube.
We are just over 90 days from our first trip to DL and I can't wait! My daughter is asking if there is a Peter Pan/Tinkerbell storeat DL. Anybody here able to answer that for me?

I don't think there is a store dedicated to items for them but you can certainly find costumes at the Princess store next to Pinnochio's Daring Journey. The same costumes can also be found at the Emporium on Main Street and World Of Disney and Downtown Disney.

Thanks folks! She willbe very happy to get a Tink costume from DL! :tinker:

She was also really wanting to see if she would have a chance to wake Tink up in DL like she had in WDW.
She will be happy enough with the costume. :thumbsup2

Nope, no waking Tink at DL. She will get to see Tink in the parade though. And if she's got on a Tink costume I'm sure she'll get extra attention.

Yep. Mickey, Minnie, and I think Goofy were all part of a little show on the Matterhorn. I never really watched it so I don't know what the storyline was but Mickey was in sort of like, rock climbing gear, I believe. Not sure if they still do the show or not.

DisMickeyClimbs.gif

Can someone tell me more about what sort of show used to happen at the Matterhorn. Did Mickey really climb the mountain?

I would post a pic of the BB court at the top of Matterhorn but I don't know how to post pics in threads. I'll try and figure it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter