Best sandal with support??

Katnmouse

Mouseketeer
I'm a flip flop gal for everyday wear, but I have metatarsalgia and on again off again plantar fascitis (sp) and my beloved easy going flip flops just don't give me support for the kind of walking that you do at Disney. What supportive (and cute) sandals can you recommend for my upcoming trip to WDW (3 weeks and counting woo hoo!!)

Montrail Molokini--you heat them in the oven and they semi-form to your feet. They offer a lot of support for flip flops.

I would recommend Keens! They are supportive and have a moderate arch. Chacos are great too, HOWEVER, they have a more substantial arch so if your foot is not used to this I wouldn't wear a new pair at Disney..But with Keens it would not be a problem...

I recently found some flip flops that have a great arch!!! They are rather expensive ($69), but I too have plantar fascitis and need something with support to help me endure the discomfort. They are made by Sole. The footbed is moldable and the arch is comfortable..The upper straps are a little stiff, but I think with time they will soften.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

I love my Croc Cleos... very nice sandal (I lived in flip flops as a kid but can't do them in the parks w/ all that walking)...yet still a Croc. Very comfy and I have bad shin splints.. as long as I stick to my Crocs (traditional or the sandal) or my sneakers, I'm fine at WDW.

Keens might be a good choice. I love my Borns, though.

To be totally honest with you, though, I would *not* wear sandals. I tried it last year and WITHIN MINUTES I had blisters all over my feet in my well-worn and loved sandals. The humidity was so high that it rubbed blisters all over.

I was actually going to be buying a pair of Keens myself. I have RSD, so I need a shoe with a lot of comfort and support to help ease the pain, and those really seemed to fit the bill! They're extremely comfortable, and there are lots of different colors and styles to choose from. I also have a pair of true thong style flip flops that I bought from Disney back in 2008- the Croc Athenas. Those things are amazingly comfortable!!

Good luck and let us know what you pick! :)

I found some slip on skechers at a skechers outlet that have a athletic cushioned sole kind of like the keens I had seen but they were much cheaper - $30 as opposed to $75+. They feel so comfortable and have support that seem like they won't rub anywhere. I also bought some bandaid rub stick stuff (not sure what it's called) that is to avoid blisters from shoes, just in case. Skechers has a LOT of different styles of sandals! You should be able to find something if there's an outlet near you, and more affordable than a lot of other higher end brands.

I am making my first trip this coming week so we'll see how it goes - I have flat feet and bought about 5 pairs just for this trip - 3 teva's plus skechers tone ups and now these skechers - the model is called sun fest - not the CUTEST:rolleyes: but a tad bit cuter than the keens I had seen w/ the straps. They kind of remind me of a glorified mule house shoe, but with a rubber thick heel. Hey, if they keep me from being in total misery this coming trip, I'll wear 'em!

Good luck. :flower3:

Orthaheel sandals are great. They are pricey, but provide alot of support and are real comfortable. Just google orthaheel.

Have you tried the ABF (almost bare foot) CROCS? I tried a pair on today and they were CRAZY comfortable. They look a little space age, but they are cool too. I ended up just buying Crocs flip flops because my mind was a little blown by the ABF Crocs.

Last year I wore my Crocs ballet flats EVERY day and they were super comfy!

Orthaheel sandals are great. They are pricey, but provide alot of support and are real comfortable. Just google orthaheel.

I agree. I am a flip flop lover, but developed plantar fasciitis last fall and have been on a quest ever since for comfortable shoes. The ones I round up with are the Orthaheels, Fit Flops, Sketcher Tone Ups, and Montrail Molokini. The Zealands and Merrells aren't bad though (just not as good for me as the Orthaheels and Tone Ups).

Last summer before we went I bought a pair of brown Skecher's sandals (I forget they style name) from a local Shoe Carnival. They have an awesome arch support. I also took a pair of Nike flip flops with me during our trip and wore them one day and vowed to never wear them to a park again. Love my Skecher's!

Thank you all for the replies:thumbsup2 I tried on several of the brands recommended and the ones that fit my arch best were Chacos. I bought them yesterday and I wore them for several hours yesterday afternoon and most of the day today to try to get my feet used to them. (there is no breaking them in...they seem pretty good although I "feel" the shoes along the sides of my heels. I'm hoping that sensitivity will dissapate with wear. They are by no means soft and cushy...they are hard...but I've found that with cushier shoes like crocs etc. my feet just splay out and hurt like the dickens with every step. I hope they work cause I spent $100 :eek:

I also recently developed plantar fascitis. If Orthoheels or Fit Flops work for you, there is a decent budget alternative: Therasoles. I have 2 pairs of their flipflops and am living in them now that our weather has gotten warmer. I wouldn't tour the park with them just because I wouldn't have worn flipflops for that much walking anyhow. But I will wear them around the room, to the hotel pool, and to the water parks.

And they cost $15. :thumbsup2

At K-Mart, no less. Who'd have thought?

Hi all! This is my first post!

My only Keen experience is with the tennis shoes. I actually had to put heel pads into them because I did not find they provided enough cusion. The store I bought them from suggested these for PF but I have been disappointed.
My last trip I wore Ecco sandels. They were very pricey but they are extremely comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter