Best Rides at night?

dlawallace

I believe in the Magic!!!
I had heard that there are some rides that are really better to do at night when it's dark. Any suggestions. My family and I are going on our first trip to Disney World in April.

Although most of the ride is inside, I like going on Splash Mountain in the dark. The brief time you are outside, there is a great view of the castle all lit up!

I think Test Track is really neat to ride at night. My DD9 really loves it when your car busts through the doors and briefly goes outside. :moped:

Without a doubt Big Thunder Mountain Railrod. We always ride it repeatedly at night. The best time to do this is once Spectro has started. It takes 15 minutes or so for the parade to reach the end of the parade route where BTMRR is but people stand in line and wait anyways. We will ride it over and over until we see the parade coming down the street and then hop off and watch the parade.

Disney

Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Rail Road, Tower of Terror, Test Track, Primeval Whirl.

Universal/Islands of Adventure/Seaworld

Hulk, Duelling Dragons, Dudley Do-Right, Jaws, Kraken, Journey to Atlantis.

RichieGraciemom said:
I love the jungle cruise at night. puts on a whole new feeling and feels like you are in the jungle.

Oh, you are so right! I don't even try and ride it during the day anymore.

another vote for big thunder mountain, except we like to go on the ride during wishes fireworks, it is so neat zooming around and seeing the fireworks go off.

latexscooter said:
Without a doubt Big Thunder Mountain Railrod.

I agree!! On our last trip to Disney, we rode BTMRR at night & the ride seemed so much better than I ever remembered it! In my earlier years, I was always a Space Mountain fan but my night time ride on Thunder Mountain definately changed my mind! Two thumbs up for BTMRR in the dark! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Other rides that I have enjoyed at night are: Dumbo (during last years MVMCP I liked watching the castle's lights change from way up high, It was a Beautiful sight!) Also one of my fondest memories at night was at another MVMCP (in 2003, my oldest DD's first trip to Disney): Her & I were on the Grand Prix Racecars....while we were making our way around the track, The fireworks starting going off....The sky was super clear that night & we were driving right into the Biggest, Most Beautiful fireworks ever! I can't even begin to describe Just how Awesome that was! Thanks for asking this question....It has brought back some truly magical moments for me!

~Kristi

Last July we were riding on Splash Mountain and came out in the open to a full moon over the castle just as whishes was getting into full gear: wow, what a view!! :cool1:

Another ride that is great for night views at MK is Astro-orbitors- they too have a great view of the park. I too won't ride the jungle cruise unless it is night or I am with someone new but I still try for the evening.

In AK I can't wait to do Everest at night- that will be awesome but I am not sure when I'll have the chance.

Basically any of your outside rides provide a different view at night, especially when they go up high and you can see the lights all over the park.

Splash Mountajn at nite is Wonderful! This past trip I snapped a picture of the Castle all lit up as we were atop Splash Mtn.... Awesome ! It's also nice to ride it during the "fireworks"....we rode it about 3x in a row last summer ,no crowds and beautiful fireworks !!! :wizard:

Try Test Track. It's dark and unless you have ridden it numerous times you have little idea of where you are going. Its alot of fun! :cool1: :thumbsup2

Here's another vote for Jungle Cruise after dark. If you go after the final parade, the crowds are headed out the front gate, and there is usually NO line to wait in. The humidity is up, so the artifical fog it thicker, the sun is down so the heat is gone. With fewer children on board (due to the hour) the guides seem more relaxed and entertaining. pirate:

Mister Incredible said:
Although most of the ride is inside, I like going on Splash Mountain in the dark. The brief time you are outside, there is a great view of the castle all lit up!
Ditto!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter