Best place for taking a break in each park

Nana2Callie

DIS Veteran
We rarely go back for an afternoon break to the resort - but sometimes a nice cool place to relax would be a good option for a bit. Any favorites?

My favorite place to take a break in all the parks is on Tom Sawyer Island. There is a dock by Aunt Polly's with rocking chairs- under the shade- very peaceful and quite. You have an incredible view and it never gets busy. My DH and DD let me sit and rest for a good hour while they explore the island or hang out in Frontierland.

We like the big top tent in the circus area of MK. There are a number of large fans, plugs for charging phones, and sometimes you can watch some funny character interactions. It's a great place to sit and split some treats from the shop right next door.

I second Tom Sawyer Island, though it can still be hot in the summer. There is a covered picnic area that I think used to be a restaurant, but now just has tables and chairs.

At DHS you can hang out in the AC in Walt Disney Presents - I think there are some places to sit throughout the exhibits, or if not there is the movie. Likewise in Star Wars Launch Bay.

We like to do table service meals so we can have a break (and maybe a drink) during the days. We also like the picnic tables in AK around Dinoland. In Epcot, there is a little walkway next to the UK fish and chip stand where you can eat at tables near the water. Of course, the shows are a nice place to unwind. Muppet Vision in DHS or Philharmagic in MK offer a little break.

MK another vote Tom Sawyer island
EPCOT - we are DVC members, so the DVC lounge. Otherwise, the movie at France. Beautiful theater and seats. Great movie as well.
HS Baseline Taphouse, muppet vision
AK tough to be a bug, lion king show, Nomad lounge

MK - there are actually a few little hidey holes throughout the park, if it's not time for a show, we like to just sit on the fake grass in one of the squares in front of the castle. We also like to sit in the rocking chairs on the porch near the Hall of Presidents and I love to ride the Liberty Bell.

AK - I love walking the trails. There are a number of benches located throughout them.

HS - I like to go to HBD and grab a table and a glass of wine and maybe a Cobb Salad and relax. I used to love to roam the streets of America but those are gone now but back in the muppets area is pretty quiet.

Epcot - a number of the countries have peaceful places. The maze at the back of GB has benches, the garden in France, the garden behind the QS in Japan, the tile room in Morocco and the museum there, the garden in China, the waterfall area in Canada, the church in Norway - all are pretty peaceful and there are rarely a lot of people there.

At Animal Kingdom the best place to rest/nap is at the Finding Nemo Show. It's got wonderful A/C and it is boring as heck. Plus you will be in good company because 90% of the adult audience members are asleep right along with you. ::yes::

These are some good spots I'll have to keep in mind on our next trip!

Here are some of our favorites:

MK - Carousal of Progress (Hubby gets his nap in), PeopleMover (Great for people watching and a nice breeze)
AK - The outdoor patio at the Nomad Lounge (Great finger foods for a snack and refreshments)
HS - Baseline Tap House (also great for a snack/refreshment, has indoor and outdoor seating), BacklotExpress (indoor/outdoor seating and food)
Epcot - Back of the UK Pavilion (some benches and you can watch the Mary Poppins interactions), Electric Umbrella in Future World (usually grab a soda and a seat in the AC), Spaceship Earth (another of Hubby's favorite nap locations), The Land (plenty of seating and AC), The Seas with Nemo and Friends (there are places to sit and look at the aquariums with AC)

Anyone in your group a GM employee? Their lounge above TT is our fav in Epcot. Otherwise in the other parks we schedule a sit down lunch.... off our feet in ac for an hour is sooo helpful. You could do drinks in some of the in park bars like Nomad Lounge in AK, or monorail to one of the MK resorts.

They have been using the boarding area for Liberty Belle for a water station lately. It was a great place to get a cold drink and sit in the shade for a bit when I was there Mother's Day weekend.......P

Last year, we discovered a large building next to Club Cool at Epcot. There were some tables set up and it was air conditioned with clean bathrooms. There were maybe 10 other people in the whole building. We didn't stay very long, but it gave us a nice break from the crowd.

MK-Carousel of Progress, Philharmagic, or Tom Sawyer Island
AK-In the shade by the Tree of Life
HS-Muppets or Backlot Express
Epcot-Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, or the Japan store

Epcot - France park - you can sit on a bench, in the shade and away from crowds, while still watching everyone going by and it truly feels like you're in France!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter