• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Orlando Waterpark

What do you guys think is the best waterpark in Orlando?

• Total voters

Crazed4DisneyinSC

DIS Veteran
Planning on going to a waterpark in Orlando for the first time ever during our upcoming trip (we usually stick to the theme parks). Looking for advice on your top pick!!

I think a lot depends on where you are staying. Cabana Bay and Aventura Hotel are a VERY short walk to Volcano Bay. Shorter then the walk from the bus drop off. About 12 steps from the exit gate walkway by the Aventura Hotel pool to Volcano Bay security. Cabana Bay has a separate security area.

I think a lot depends on where you are staying. Cabana Bay and Aventura Hotel are a VERY short walk to Volcano Bay. Shorter then the walk from the bus drop off. About 12 steps from the exit gate walkway by the Aventura Hotel pool to Volcano Bay security. Cabana Bay has a separate security area.
Staying offsite at a family members house, so location plays no factor in our decision 🙂

I like Aquatica, although I admittedly haven’t been to Volcano Bay yet, and it’s been years and years since Typhoon Lagoon. I wasn’t a fan of Blizzard Beach simply based on the theme. It seems silly, but if I’m hanging out in a bathing suit by the water all day I want to be in a tropical paradise, not surrounded by fake snow.

If I had one complaint about Aquatica it’s that the don’t really have a lazy river. Technically it’s there but it’s really small and is more like an exit to one of the slides that you quickly loop around. The river they have is very fast moving and you basically have to swim to keep up with it. I’ve been with kids who aren’t strong swimmers and it can be pretty intimidating. Others might find it really fun but I would prefer more of a place to just float around.

The dolphins are really cool though. I’m not a huge thrill ride/slide person but they have enough to keep me entertained, and the people who do like them seem to really enjoy them. If I remember correctly there are two kid “playground” areas, one for bigger kids and one for smaller kids, which I always thought was really smart.

Volcano Bay is on my list though!

For us: Discovery Cove

but I understand some may not consider this a traditional "water park"

Aquatica is our favorite. We like the fast moving river called Roa’s Rapids. The parks are all different, so it really depends on what type of activity you prefer.
Parking costs extra at Volcano Bay.

For us: Discovery Cove

but I understand some may not consider this a traditional "water park"
We've done Discovery Cove a few times, and no, it's not what I would consider in the "water park" category for us. That's almost like a cruise excursion, lol! More so looking for traditional waterpark with slides, lazy (or not so lazy) rivers, maybe wave pool etc.

We have been to all of them. Aquatica is our favorite, hands down.
I like Aquatica, although I admittedly haven’t been to Volcano Bay yet, and it’s been years and years since Typhoon Lagoon. I wasn’t a fan of Blizzard Beach simply based on the theme. It seems silly, but if I’m hanging out in a bathing suit by the water all day I want to be in a tropical paradise, not surrounded by fake snow.

If I had one complaint about Aquatica it’s that the don’t really have a lazy river. Technically it’s there but it’s really small and is more like an exit to one of the slides that you quickly loop around. The river they have is very fast moving and you basically have to swim to keep up with it. I’ve been with kids who aren’t strong swimmers and it can be pretty intimidating. Others might find it really fun but I would prefer more of a place to just float around.

The dolphins are really cool though. I’m not a huge thrill ride/slide person but they have enough to keep me entertained, and the people who do like them seem to really enjoy them. If I remember correctly there are two kid “playground” areas, one for bigger kids and one for smaller kids, which I always thought was really smart.

Volcano Bay is on my list though!
Aquatica is our favorite. We like the fast moving river called Roa’s Rapids. The parks are all different, so it really depends on what type of activity you prefer.
Parking costs extra at Volcano Bay.
Thank you all! To be honest, I went into this thread thinking Typhoon Lagoon would probably be the one we'd pick, cuz ya know, Disney! I am really surprised about the votes for Aquatica! Admittedly, I know nothing about it but I'm super intrigued! I think these votes have me crossing off the two Disney waterparks, and considering between Volcano Bay and Aquatica. If cost plays any factor, it seems Aquatica will win out for sure.

You could try the new H2O water park at Sunset Walk; lots of good restaurants right across the street.
Yep this is located in same area as Margaritaville Resort and Target with attached Garden Walk .. current AP is very cheap Daily entry and season will be when school starts but thru Thanksgiving weekend if you plan more than one visit. when you drive past it looks like nothing but once enter is FUN with lots of areas including big bar conveniently located next to Adults Only fenced off pool… and Friday nights dive in movies with huge screen over the wave pool ! Two sided children’s area for plenty of seating close to water …and lazy River and 3 or more water slides … plus food and snack bars… Lots of lifeguards too! And very clean look for discount offers

We've been to Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach and Aquatica. They're all good, but we also have Aquatica two hours from our home so it isn't such a big deal to us, not typically worth spending our Orlando time on for that reason. TL & BB have immersive theming that is very enjoyable. TL's theming is a bit more relaxing & summery, so I give it the edge for that reason. But they're both great water parks.

Honestly I think if you are trying to choose where to go and not just having a poll ... it would depend on where I am staying, what parks I am going to and what type of tickets I have ... and what is my party makeup and what type of day do they like.

Honestly I think if you are trying to choose where to go and not just having a poll ... it would depend on where I am staying, what parks I am going to and what type of tickets I have ... and what is my party makeup and what type of day do they like.
As I told someone earlier, where I'm staying plays no factor whatsoever as we're staying with family and willing to go to any park in Orlando area. We have no tickets to any other parks, and know nothing about any of the water parks especially. This will be our first time ever venturing to water parks, just looking to see what the most popular one is here among the DIS, and will probably choose that one based on everyone else's recommendation!

As I told someone earlier, where I'm staying plays no factor whatsoever as we're staying with family and willing to go to any park in Orlando area. We have no tickets to any other parks, and know nothing about any of the water parks especially. This will be our first time ever venturing to water parks, just looking to see what the most popular one is here among the DIS, and will probably choose that one based on everyone else's recommendation!

That is awesome that you aren't tied to anything, most are and it would matter.

I voted Volcano Bay. I have not been but my DS has who has also done the Disney ones for years. He said it's a new level of water park, from the slides, to how it works, to the better food & drink, to the fact that ALL the water is heated. He said he doesn't need to go back to any others.

Typhoon Lagoon .... been going since it opened. Lush tropical and great place to relax and chill. Wave pool is incredible but after a short time enough is enough. Most the slides are very geared down and boring for us. Every time we go to both parks and vote for best day it never comes out on top. I say great to relax, sip drinks and occasionally take a dip.

Blizzard Beach is more happy bright fun. Has great water slides for all ages, the very best toddler section (it was planned with park, Typhoons was added later and not set apart), the tween area is AWESOME. We go to this park every time we are doing water parks at Disney.

Neither Disney park has great food.

Aquatica. I want to go, we've had tickets included in our Discovery Cove years ago but I was waiting for the trees to grow. Initially it was just open concrete. Looks great now, I've always heard wonderful things about it. I looked into going this month and getting a cabana (those look awesome) but our only open day they were fully booked. SeaWorld food is much better than other parks so hoping food there is better as well.

At this point in time we no longer have waterparks on our annual passes and if I want a water day we do Discovery Cove.

I think it might depend on the ages of who is going, if there are kids their age might come in to play.

That is awesome that you aren't tied to anything, most are and it would matter.

I voted Volcano Bay. I have not been but my DS has who has also done the Disney ones for years. He said it's a new level of water park, from the slides, to how it works, to the better food & drink, to the fact that ALL the water is heated. He said he doesn't need to go back to any others.

Typhoon Lagoon .... been going since it opened. Lush tropical and great place to relax and chill. Wave pool is incredible but after a short time enough is enough. Most the slides are very geared down and boring for us. Every time we go to both parks and vote for best day it never comes out on top. I say great to relax, sip drinks and occasionally take a dip.

Blizzard Beach is more happy bright fun. Has great water slides for all ages, the very best toddler section (it was planned with park, Typhoons was added later and not set apart), the tween area is AWESOME. We go to this park every time we are doing water parks at Disney.

Neither Disney park has great food.

Aquatica. I want to go, we've had tickets included in our Discovery Cove years ago but I was waiting for the trees to grow. Initially it was just open concrete. Looks great now, I've always heard wonderful things about it. I looked into going this month and getting a cabana (those look awesome) but our only open day they were fully booked. SeaWorld food is much better than other parks so hoping food there is better as well.

At this point in time we no longer have waterparks on our annual passes and if I want a water day we do Discovery Cove.

I think it might depend on the ages of who is going, if there are kids their age might come in to play.
This is awesome, thank you!! From your thoughts and everyone else's, I believe we're pretty much choosing between Volcano Bay and Aquatica at this point, as those seem to be the favorites/best. We have no kids, only young to middle age adults in our party. We've done Discovery Cove a few times, and we're going on a cruise in Jan 2022 and doing a dolphin swim excursion so we feel like skipping that park this time and just do a traditional water park with slides, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter