• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best/most fabulous desserts to-go at disney springs

kristennn

Mouseketeer
Will be in disney springs on a friday PM on arrival day. Hoping to eat an early dinner at Homecoming - no reservation - hoping to do walk up if not then d-luze burgers or earl of sandwich or something like that. I know they have a lot of awesome dessert places. Would love to go get some to bring back to the hotel for later. Where and what specifically to people recommend? In particular we love carmel, and key lime or lemon or coconut anything. Honestly I just love sugar

My favorite place there - though I don't know that it's "take back to the hotel for later" is Salt & Straw.

A lot of people love Gideon's, but I'm gluten-free so that's a no-go. (And I've never liked Erin McKenna's stuff even when she wasn't being ego-y with a rename of her own and called it Babycakes NYC. I've had good gluten-free cupcakes and such (not necessarily at Disney), but her stuff isn't anywhere near. Not wasting calories on it.)

Definitely recommend Gideon's especially for something easily portable that you can take back to the room. They have in the past had a key lime cake and cookie, but I think that is seasonal and not offered all the time. All of their flavors are good though.

I loved Amorette’s... Salt and Straw is great, too, but obviously I think that’s something to eat in DS. The donut place, Everglaze, is supposed to be good. You can check the menus to see if anything appeals...I do know the Hummingbird cake at Homecoming is yummy - you could take that back, and have the mini donuts for dessert in the restaurant

Bread pudding at House of Blues. We grab it to-go all the time (reheats well!)

Gideon's is a favorite stop, too!

I second Amorette's. Several small, beautiful, yummy desserts, and they will package them up for you to take with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter