best loops

lynnpooh

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip to FW campground end of May. Didn't realize there was so many things to plan. What are AP rates? We want full hookups, what loops would be the best for sleeping (concern about bus noise), easiest to get to marina for transportation to WDW and other parks? How soon do I need to make camping reservations?
Really excited, but worried I may not do all the right planning. Was going a little later, found out there was a gay day, would be really crowded and wasn't sure I wanted that atmosphere. Any help appreciated

We stayed in a preferred site, loop 700. It was great! I wasn't too concerned about having the cable tv hook up, but we were within walking distance to the marina and settlement depot, but didn't have any problems with the noise (although one evening, the wind was blowing in our direction and I couldn't figure out who was playing their radio so loud - when I stopped and really listened, I realized it was coming from the electrical boat parade!). I wanted to be close to the marina since my DH has a chronic illness and I tried to make things as easy as possible.
I would make your ressies as soon as possible. I would imagine that it will fill up quickly that time of year.

Sending a little pixie dust your way to brighten up your day!

Welcome to the DIS and the camping board,

AP rates are annual pass rates, they are sometmes published in the Mickey Monitor a newsletter malied to all annual pass holders. they are not usually announced to far in advance. If you hve your dates set CALL now and make your reservations.

Fort wilderness has different campsite categories:
Preferred Site has Water, Electric, sewer and cable and good locations; they you have the full hook up site which is water, electric and sewer, they there are the water and electric only sites mainlY for TENTERS AND Pop Up campers.

The best way to get around the campground is by renting a elctric cart (Golf Cart) you can reserve them through Disney by calling the bike barn or you can use an outside agency, one that seems to work well for others has Been Golf Cart Enterprises. they will deliver the cart before you check in.

Transportation options are plentiful - continous buses run through the campground, you can take a direct boat to the magic kingdom, a direct bus to Animal Kingdom, take a bus to the TTC where you take the monorail to EPCOT or another bus to MGM

We have a lot great regulars here on the camping board we will be glad to answer your questions!! :D :D

<Font Size=2><Font Color=blue>Scott</Font><Font
>
Co-Moderator Camping @ Disney Board

DisneyCampers@wdwinfo.com
<center><Font Color=ff0066><Font size=4>www.disneycampers.com
</Font></font></center>
<marquee>
wavey.GIF
</marquee>

The best loops are the preferred loops - 100,200,300,400 and 500. These are the loops withing walking distance of the marina and main bus depot. If you stay here you don't have to waste time with the internal bus or the extra expense of a golf cart.

Vist my brick W04 972

Fort Wilderness 73,74,79,80,83,89,93,95,97,Christmas99/New Year2000

Dixie Landings 95,96,98

Wilderness Lodge 94

All Star Movies 00

Off property Feb/March 2000

Disneyland 77,81,85,94∏

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest