Best Ko Olina Snooty Restaurant?

If you had a single night for a nice, "dress up" kind of dinner, what's your pick?

• Ama Ama

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Roy's Ko Olina

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Mina's Fish House

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Noe

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Longhi's

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Nothing! Go to Costco or ABC!

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters

J-Dog

A Nobody
We are serious foodies, but are finding that we won't have time for much high-end dining on our upcoming Aulani trip. So, I'm looking for your first choice of fine dining in the Ko Olina area.

Thanks!

We are not fine-dining people. My pick is takeout from ABC and a picnic at Aulani.
Thanks. But, as I said, we are foodies. So we're mostly looking for opinions on the available fine dining options.

The "Nothing" option was meant to be more of a choice if the available options are not worth it.

I say Mina's. The other's are too far away to walk IMO. Ama Ama is overpriced. They probably all are, but Ama Ama really feels overpriced.

I would do any of these except for Ama Ama and maybe Roy's. Ama Ama was overpriced and not great before Covid but I've heard it's even worse now. Roy's was okay the last time I ate there. Not the best meal I've had on Oahu but not the worst.

Roy’s- Where the locals go, but you can also find on the mainland (San Diego). No Ocean View.

Longhi’s- Go for brunch, not fine dining dinner. We will be bringing our whole family back for brunch. Try the passion fruit mimosas.

Mina’s- Great for seafood, nice to eat off property. More casual that Ama Ama IMO. Nice wine list. My wife and I had a wonderful experience and will be going back for a date night in 2 weeks.

Ama Ama- My wife and I had a wonderful experience and will be going back here as well. We also enjoy pre-fix multi course meals and understand the cost that comes with the experience and wine pairing. It can be nice to be inside and have an ocean view.

Thanks. But, as I said, we are foodies. So we're mostly looking for opinions on the available fine dining options.

The "Nothing" option was meant to be more of a choice if the available options are not worth it.
We're foodies too. Nothing in Ko Olina is particularly special, so I actually did vote for the "nothing" option. We've enjoyed some great (pre-COVID) dinners at 'Ama 'Ama, and very enjoyable dinners at Roy's. My wife and I booked a special milestone dinner at Noe and it was beyond disappointing, so I won't bother with the Four Seasons restaurants again.

My advice, from one foodie to another, is to set your expectations accordingly.

We are serious foodies, but are finding that we won't have time for much high-end dining on our upcoming Aulani trip. So, I'm looking for your first choice of fine dining in the Ko Olina area.

Thanks!
I’d take a look online at the menu for both Mina’s and Ama Ama, and decide from there. I’m not really wild about either, but those are really the only two choices at Ko Olina for high end. Longhi’s is better than both, but it’s a bit more down to earth.

The other option would be to drive into Honolulu for an evening, or take an Uber. In that case, I’d recommend Miro Kaimuki. It’s pricey but quite good, and an unusual experience.

Ok sorry, I misread the poll question thinking ABC was a serious option because your poll question says you're strapped for time and implies is fine-dining worth it with little time, and if so which fine-dining restaurant to pick.

It’s not in Ko Olina but when we visited Aulani DH and I went to Sasabune in Honolulu for our one date night. It was traditional Japanese omakase but it was truly fantastic (just like the one in NYC).

Thanks for all the expert advice! I kind of had planned on doing Roy's, but I see that it doesn't have any votes as of now. Their menu seemed the most appealing at first glance, but may need to rethink that.

We're foodies too. Nothing in Ko Olina is particularly special, so I actually did vote for the "nothing" option. We've enjoyed some great (pre-COVID) dinners at 'Ama 'Ama, and very enjoyable dinners at Roy's. My wife and I booked a special milestone dinner at Noe and it was beyond disappointing, so I won't bother with the Four Seasons restaurants again.

My advice, from one foodie to another, is to set your expectations accordingly.
Thanks. Yes, that was kind of what I had wondered - if anything was really high-end around Ko Olina.

We don't necessarily need "fine" dining - can do that somewhere else (most recently was e by Jose Andres in Vegas), but was looking for something nicer than casual - Monkeypod, for example.

Did you know there are also private chefs that will come to your unit and cook a full meal for you? We've had that twice now. Really great!
Seriously? Thanks, I had no idea. Is there a company to contact to set this up?

Roy's is a chain, with the same experience at any of the 40 or so stores they have around the world. Not bad, but kind of boring and by-the-numbers, and not what it sounds like you're looking for.

Try La Mer at Halekulani, or even Orchids. Or MW in Honolulu.

If you want to stay closer to "home," Mina's is probably the best bet. The Four Seasons is not very nice, by Four Seasons standards (it looks and feels like an 80s/90s resort), but Mina's is exceptional. They have a great Happy Hour too.

I'd highly recommend the Sunday Brunch at Orchids. We did it in June and it was spectacular. Not at all cheap, but an incredible spread and a beautiful setting.
The Sunday Brunch at The Four Seasons right next door reopened this spring and is a bit more pricey than Halekulani’s, but even better. There are more selections, including lobster tails, the sushi tasted better, and overall it was a better dining experience.

I'd highly recommend the Sunday Brunch at Orchids. We did it in June and it was spectacular. Not at all cheap, but an incredible spread and a beautiful setting.
I love their brunch. Been going since 1991. (Unlimited coconut cake!) But that's not what OP is looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter