• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best kept secrets of DL

Suzann

“I am odd-looking. I sometimes think I look like a
We're going to DL in December, just wondering if you can share your best secrets about DL. (Like rubbing the apple in at the snow white ride)

Thanks so much!
:earsboy:

Let's see, I think I know a couple:

At the Frontierland train station you hear a message played in Morse code--it's Walt Disney's opening day address.

Do you know where the geographic center of Disneyland is? Find the golden spike in front of the castle. (hint--the front of the castle is not the Main Street side).

When you're in Fantasyland, look up at the back of the castle. Don't just give a quick glance, you might see someone peeking down at you!! ;)

Please share - I don't know about the apple at the Snow White ride. Is this something you push while you are ON the ride?

Go To

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/HiddenMickey.html

Scroll down to "More Disney information and links." On that page click "Disney Secrets." It will take until about Dec. to read them all, lots of good stuff. Because of this site my son and I knew we could ask to ride up front on the steam train, something that unfortunately has gone to yesterland:mad: Lots and lots of other good stuff.

One of my favorites is the bamboo pole in the Indy queue that can be yanked, causing a thunderous crash and the spikes above to-barely-fall. Usually surprises someone; it is in a straight section on the left, and is noticeably different from all the others if you're looking for it. The apple is on a pedestal at the queue entrance for SWSA. It's touch sensitive metal, and causes a cackle and thunderclap. And watch for that sneaky queen in the window above.

Cheers.

Cool about the thing in the Indy line. I'll look for that next time we go

Susan

Love the Indy pole. My son races through that room because he doesn't want to hear the loud noises.

Also in Indy, in the room right before they show you the safety video, there is a box with a big rope. The sign says don't pull on rope, but of course you can pull it. You hear workers with British accents telling you to stop, there are workers down here, etc. After about 3 pulls, you hear them fall.

When leaving Indy, once you almost reach the entrance, on the right there is a phone booth. If you pick up the phone you'll hear international conversations.

On Winnie the Pooh, I always pay homage to the Country Bear Jamboree. After the dream sequence, you pass through a doorway, but for the life of me I can't remember what room you enter. Anyway, if you turn around and look up, you will see Melvin the Moose and 2 others, but again I can't remember who right now.

I could go on, but I'll let others chime in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter