Best Hotel and Deal for DL Trip In June?

viluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi - we're looking to go to DL for a one day (maybe 2) trip in mid June. Any suggestions on a nicely rated and affordable hotel for myself, Dh and 2 kiddos 4 and 8 yrs old? We'll have our own car - but don't mind walking either. Thanks

I would suggest one of the hotels on Harbor. The Candy Cane Inn gets the highest reviews, has a shuttle to drop you off near the gates (and is about a 10-15 minute walk if you prefer). It also has a free continental breakfast. I have not stayed there yet but never see a bad review. I can also recommend the Howard Johnson's, the Tropicana, and the Camelot, all of which I have stayed at. Tropicana was my favorite, not fancy but super clean room, nice pool with plenty of chairs and towels and a very large hottub. Best of all, it was less than a five minute walk to the turnstiles of either Disneyland or DCA. The closest motel to DL is the Best Western Park Place Inn (I am tryig that one in June based on the good reviews I have heard on the dis). There are many others, I would maybe go on Expedia.com and check out that website. Even if you choose to book yourself, they will have a listing of all the motels near Disneyland with photos, rates and reviews all on one site for your to check out. After you narrow down your choices, you can post them here on the dis or go to www.tripadvisor.com It has hundreds of reviews from normal, non paid people who give their honest opinions.

I would really try to do two days at least. Disneyland and DCA are not really one day parks and mid June can be a bit crowded. Make sure you go early, get in line 30 minutes before opening since mornings are the best. Then you can take a midday break at your hotel and then go back later in the day for dinner and fireworks and more rides.

I would also make your plans very soon, mid June is just a bit over two months away and the motels near Disneyland tend to sell out or at least raise their rates as their occupancy levels go up.

Yep, tripadvisor.com is a great source of information. You can read the hotel reviews and check prices. Don't forget to call some hotels directly to see if they offer better rates directly.

Castle Inn and Suites may have good rates and it's only a bit of a walk. I like the Carousel and it's much closer.

Read some of the trip reports and see that 2 days minimum is needed to do the parks with small kids. June will be busy so search these sites for tips and tricks of visiting DLR with kids and make your plans and ENJOY!

I would suggest Best Western Park Place Inn [BWPPI] but it's a bit pricer than the other hotels below. Just checked and for a 1 night stay mid-June, I put 6/15, it's $125

Anaheim at the Park Travelodge rates start from $69.99

we are staying at Travelodge Anaheim on Disneyland Dr.

The hotel I usually recommend is the Carousel Inn. We have always had a great experience there. In Feb. I became a fan of the HoJo's too. It was clean and very nice. I also like the Candy Cane Inn. We have not stayed there in a few years but it was nice.

So yeah those 3 hotels I would choose again!!! :rotfl: Sorry Im not making sense tonight.

If price is an issue, than the Vagabond is clean, cheap and about a mile or less away from DL.

I second the Tripadvisor.

Just a small tip that I learned... If you go onto Travelocity, expedia, orbitz etc and you go search under hotels, the more people in the room, the cheaper it is and you can get some incredibly wicked deals that way.

We stayed at Holiday Inn Garden Grove. Just a few blocks from Harbour, a couple miles to DL, 10 minute drive. It was a great hotel with Continental Breakfast. I liked the rooms.. very clean and nice and the bedding was really nice too. There is an Albertsons just a couple of blocks up too. If you are driving in and don't mind driving the 10 minutes (its very fast and close) they were great. They also have a DL Shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter