Best Honeymoon Cabin?

Ginnna

Earning My Ears
What would be the lowest category you would go for a honeymoon. I would love a balcony, but with paying for the wedding, I really think it is out of the question.

What is the best outside cabin? Would an inside on a higher deck be better? I read the site about the Secret Portholes, but there are none of those left for our cruise.

Can you swing the price of the Navigator's Verandha (Cat 7?)

Any cabin is a good cabin. 2 things..... 1st You're on a Disney cruise. Who cares where on the ship. 2nd, You're on your honeymoon. Who cares where on the ship.

Pick the cabin you can afford. We normally take the inside and save our money for other things.

You really want an answer to this? Where is BD when you need him!:p

You're on your honeymoon - As long as the room has a bed, you'll be fine!

What is the best outside cabin? Would an inside on a higher deck be better?

I didn't attempt to specifically answer your questions so here's a go.

Obviously the best outside cabin is the Roy O. Disney (or its matching) suit. But that's obviously not the answer you are looking for. There really is not particular outside cabin that is better than the others. You basicly have the choise of:
1. Secret Porthole Room
2. Porthole Room
3. Enclosed Verandha
4. Partially Obstructed View Verandha
5. Standard (Plexiglass) Verandha
6. Solid railing Verandha

The higher the number, the higher the price (except that #3 and 4 cost the same and #5 and 6 cost the same). Each has their various pros and cons (i.e. plexiglass verandha gives you a better view of the sea, but a solid railing verandha is usually larger, and the solid railing verandhas are all at the back of the ship.) Enclosed verandha's don't allow as much light in and don't have as good of a view, but cost less. The partially obstructed view verandha's are sort of like the Secret Porthole Rooms (full verandha at a reduced rate because of limited view, and often first to book because of this).

As for the inside cabins, if we are talking the typical Cat 11, that means you are most likely talking about Deck 6 or Deck 7. The only benefit of Deck 7 is that there are fewwer inside staterooms on that Deck than Deck 6 (so there should be overall less traffic in the hallways). The only other comment I can think to make is try to get a cabin where you only have one neibor (less opportunity for noisy neibors). Example would be rooms 7x67, 7x63, 7x35, 6x71, 6x81 etc (replace an "x" with 0 or 5, just denotes which side of the ship you are on).

The only other suggestion I can think to give you is that if you are looking for a quiet section of the ship (i.e. a place where you won't have much foot traffic outside your door all day) I'd suggest any room at the rear of the ship, and specifically those on Deck 5 Stardboard (i.g. 5639 for an inside room (Cat 11), 5650 for a metal verandah or 5622 for a plexiglass verandah (Cat 6)). These would have little foot traffic AND only one neighbor.

Originally posted by KaitlinsMom
You really want an answer to this? Where is BD when you need him!:p

You're on your honeymoon - As long as the room has a bed, you'll be fine!

I had the same thoughts :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter