best functional souvenier?

cruisinthecarribean said:
You may be too mature for this (I'm 47), but I LOVE buying the cheesy pens like the ones at the Living Seas with Nemo and Crush on top. I keep them in my kitchen and everytime I or my DD uses them, we get transported back to the parks!

oh my god me too! I have the 50th Celebration one, one with donald, goofy, mickey, minnie etc...a cinderella castle...yea...

I am officially disney cool at my school :thumbsup2

At the gift shop in Port Orleans, French Quarter, I found cat treat in a metal can that has a lid that fits good. We have used it here at home for several years for keeping our cat's treats. It is marked "Tails" with the Disney logo, and shaped like a minature old time milk can. Less than $10.00, it's a very useful item once you get it home, IF you are a cat person.

Enjoy.

PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN THAN ANYBODY

1994 Sept. - Port Orleans - French Quarter
1996 Nov. - Disney Institute
1997 Nov. - Port Orleans - Riverside
1998 Dec. - Boardwalk
1999 Nov. - Port Orleans - French Quarter
2001 July - Contemporary
2002 May - Boardwalk
2002 Dec. - Polynesian (concierge)
2003 May - Animal Kingdom
2004 June - Port Orleans - French Quarter
2005 April - Port Orleans - French Quarter
2005 Dec. - Port Orleans - French Quarter
2006 March - Port Orleans - French Quarter (upcoming)
2006 Dec. - Resort undecided (planning stage)

My favourite and most useful souvenirs are the Mickey and Minnie key rings that we bought at MK. We use them for the keys of our his and hers motor scooters. Makes it easy to tell the keys apart. We get many compliments on them.

:moped: :moped:

The washcloths that open up after you submerge them in water. They are cheap, the kids love to dunk them to get them open, and they are useful!! :cool1:

My favorite souvenir is the Tshirt "Villians" Theme. Red with the Queen from Snow White on the front. Quite dramatic. DH knows my mood when he see me wear it. I get lots of compliments. Never seen one before or since our last visit to WDW in 1999.

Makinorlando...Where is the Epcot Character Connection??? Looks cool. :confused3

I just thought of another great souvenier....last time we bought a camera bag. It has a strap long enough that it can either be worn around the waist or as a shoulder strap. I think if everything we have ever bought at WDW this is the thing we use the most

I just bought a WDW jean coat. I was in need of a new one anyway. It was $65.00 which I feel is not that much more expensive than at the store. It is really warm too. It has the 50th ann. embroidered on the back and upper left front.

I still use a keychain my kids got me in '95. Refrigerator magnets are in use, and amazingly, we use old resort shopping bags for a variety of things.

Get pregnant while at Disney. Sure it'll take 16 years before that souvenier is really usefull, but they're not easy to forget!

I bought a watch. That was my plan and I am glad I did. Everytime I wear it I am reminded of our special family trip to WDW.

Servants of Evan said:
Get pregnant while at Disney. Sure it'll take 16 years before that souvenier is really usefull, but they're not easy to forget!

:lmao: unfortunately i don't think DBF would appreciate it if I chose that as my souvenier!

Okay, I haven't read all the replies but I just got back and bought one of those Mickey-head wine stoppers. I needed a wine stopper and this one will make me smile every time I use it. It's very classy looking, has a good weight to it. $10. There is also a mickey-head bottle opener for about $8 but I don't need another one of those.

All the stores with housewares have them, as well as wine stores in Epcot.

I bought a heavy duty camera strap from World of Disney in DD. It really helped with lugging around my heavy SLR during the week. It's real cute too, bright red with Mickey faces all over it. It's a great reminder every time I pull out my camera. Must not wear it to weddings!

The 2 souvies that we still have around since our fairytale honeymoon 4.5 years ago are keychains, picture frames, and clothing.

Everytime we go to Disney World - we always buy a christmas ornament. Last year I bought a new Minnie tree topper since mine disappeared (my DH didn't like it). Then we at least buy something from our hotel and little things. I do try to buy at least one shirt per shirt with the year on it and a frame.
pixiedust:

Hi all,

I always buy a Christmas ornament. I've been collecting since 1996 the year I got married. The best souvenir is a water/ soda bottle trap. I wear it everywhere: hiking, bike riding :moped: , to other theme parks. I like it becuase you are hands free and but your beverage of choice is right by your side.(I don't drink soda.) I'm always giving them away because people like them so much. You can purchase them at any soda/popcorn vendor for around $3.50 as of Thanksgiving 2005. Generally, there not sold in stores.

:goodvibes

I bought a pink satin robe with flowers on it in Japan on my first trip to Epcot in '88 and I still wear it! Funny thing is on the tag it says made in China. :scratchin

just a little bump for my thread about functional souveniers, as we're spending the weekend packing & getting psyched for our trip on the 20th! :woohoo: any other suggestions, DISers? :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter