• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**BEST FRIENDS PET CARE KENNEL at DISNEY WORLD FAQ**

I'm planning on taking my Australian Retriever (Foster) there for his 2nd Birthday in May. Last year I took him to a Braves Game. He's a very social dog, and I booked him the VIP Villa... (The suites were all booked). I hope he gets enough interaction time while he's there. Does anyone recommend any add-ons that won't put me in the poor house? (This trip is just me and him heading to Disney for 4 days.. no one else could make it). :)

-Tom

Thats what I was answering....wrong poster! LOL...sorry!!!!

DUH me....:rolleyes1

I will sweetpee! What did we get Riley this time?:)

Riley will be in a villa again. Even with the AP discount, 12 nights will be over $600. Ouch. I'm thinking maybe I'll bring canned food this time so maybe she'll want to eat better. Generally she attacks that stuff vs. her usual dry kibble. I'd love to add some extras to her stay but the cost is already pretty significant. I don't want to do a less-expensive accomodation because I really want her to have the tv and people sounds since that's what she's always surrounded with. It's hard trying to accomodate the baby girl when she can't be with us. We've even tried to wrap our brains around getting a 2nd dog just to keep her company. Aren't we sad??? :laughing:

Riley will be in a villa again. Even with the AP discount, 12 nights will be over $600. Ouch. I'm thinking maybe I'll bring canned food this time so maybe she'll want to eat better. Generally she attacks that stuff vs. her usual dry kibble. I'd love to add some extras to her stay but the cost is already pretty significant. I don't want to do a less-expensive accomodation because I really want her to have the tv and people sounds since that's what she's always surrounded with. It's hard trying to accomodate the baby girl when she can't be with us. We've even tried to wrap our brains around getting a 2nd dog just to keep her company. Aren't we sad??? :laughing:

The things we go thru for our babies! and nope, you arent sad about thinking of getting her a partner. Thats why we have 3 dogs and 2 cats!! So all of them will have company! :rotfl:

The things we go thru for our babies! and nope, you arent sad about thinking of getting her a partner. Thats why we have 3 dogs and 2 cats!! So all of them will have company! :rotfl:

OK....just heard back from BFPC and Yes, the 4 hour play and stay is 22.00.

That clears that up!:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the info. :thumbsup2

I talked to my brother last night. He's planning on coming to join us for half of the trip so I asked him if there was a chance he & my mom would be willing to dog-sit for Riley until he drives down then bring her to us. That would cut the cost in half plus allow her to be in a home setting with familiar people she loves. I'm really hopeful this scenario works out. :goodvibes

I'm sorry to hear that, but not a surprise. :rotfl: I guess we got lucky last month. Our six days in June, including stay and play will be 450.00. She needs that extra playtime' she'll be 11 months old in June. I like that BF is a short ride making it easy to stop by in the morning and at night.

I'm sorry to hear that, but not a surprise. :rotfl: I guess we got lucky last month. Our six days in June, including stay and play will be 450.00. She needs that extra playtime' she'll be 11 months old in June. I like that BF is a short ride making it easy to stop by in the morning and at night.

Yes, it is a short drive. We were at the POLY last time, and it was less than a 10 minute drive. :) Have fun!!!

Thanks! So that is $22 for 4 hours of playgroup time? So with $32 indoor boarding (DVC discount) I'd be looking at $54 a night. I just found a kennel near us that is $38 for both playgroup and boarding and it is 8 hours playgroup each day. We won't get to stop by and see our dog, but sounds like a much better deal. It looked very clean, too. Oh, well!

Thanks! So that is $22 for 4 hours of playgroup time? So with $32 indoor boarding (DVC discount) I'd be looking at $54 a night. I just found a kennel near us that is $38 for both playgroup and boarding and it is 8 hours playgroup each day. We won't get to stop by and see our dog, but sounds like a much better deal. It looked very clean, too. Oh, well!

Well, as long as your baby is taken care of thats all that matters!:thumbsup2

First, let me admit that my dog is a *snowflake* :cloud9: so I am an overprotective pet parent.:laughing:

I put my dog in daycare there last week. He was in an indoor/outdoor run so he didn't have a TV. I was given a $2 discount for being an AP holder.

It seemed nice but I saw a few things that bothered me:

1. A Corgi in the play group was shaking & hovering in the corner while a chihuahua was picking a fight with a boxer. I felt horrible for the corgi because it was visibly scared & the staff member wasn't watching the dogs.

2. When I picked my pooch up on the first day, there was a woman in there yelling at the staff over several problems she was having with them. I didn't listen to most of it as I was interested in getting my boy back, but she was angry. The staff member was being a bit curt in return.

3. When I picked him up on the first day, the staff member said they took him out to pee but he was too anxious & didn't go. Huh? Ok, he is anxious & hates to be kenneled but I know his anxiety. He'll run around like a spaz for a minute but will eventually pee. It made me wonder how much time they actually gave him to pee.

The positives:

It appeared clean, most staff members smiled & they did let me go back & see other areas that I requested to see.

They groomed him as well & he came back so soft. They did a great job with that.

First, let me admit that my dog is a *snowflake* :cloud9: so I am an overprotective pet parent.:laughing:

I put my dog in daycare there last week. He was in an indoor/outdoor run so he didn't have a TV. I was given a $2 discount for being an AP holder.

It seemed nice but I saw a few things that bothered me:

1. A Corgi in the play group was shaking & hovering in the corner while a chihuahua was picking a fight with a boxer. I felt horrible for the corgi because it was visibly scared & the staff member wasn't watching the dogs.

2. When I picked my pooch up on the first day, there was a woman in there yelling at the staff over several problems she was having with them. I didn't listen to most of it as I was interested in getting my boy back, but she was angry. The staff member was being a bit curt in return.

3. When I picked him up on the first day, the staff member said they took him out to pee but he was too anxious & didn't go. Huh? Ok, he is anxious & hates to be kenneled but I know his anxiety. He'll run around like a spaz for a minute but will eventually pee. It made me wonder how much time they actually gave him to pee.

The positives:

It appeared clean, most staff members smiled & they did let me go back & see other areas that I requested to see.

They groomed him as well & he came back so soft. They did a great job with that.

Thanks for the review!

Let me address these issues!!
About your number 1....I saw the same thing when I was there...I have a little 4 pound yorkie and the thing I didnt like was they let all dogs all sizes run free in the yard and I didnt like that at all....that resulted in the big dog chasing him and in turn making my Rascal sick and us leaving early. So I can relate to that!!:scared1:

2....some of the staff is surely not to like customers yelling at them, so maybe thats why the curtness occured. But then again, we dont know the root of the problem. She could of have very legit reasons to yell, and then again she could of been just a plain irate customer. I wish we knew what the deal was with that!!!;)

and 3....its sad to say but some of the staff is way better than others. Some just dont have the patience to stand there while our babies take care of their "business". I wish you would of had Lenora or Stephanie, they are very patient. I wish your baby could of been handled more properly!! That makes me very ill!!!!:headache:

And the cleanliness is awesome there, they do a great job of sanitizing and keeping the place clean! And Im glad the grooming services were great!!

Glad your little "snowflake" is good! :)

Thanks! They have webcam so I can at least peek in on her!

you know what??? I had a smartphone that was a motorola devour and when i was checking the webcam, my battery would die within 3 hours cause I had my nose stuck in it checking on them!!!!! :lmao: So I got rid of that phone cause the battery was awful!!! Now I have an iphone that stays good and charged for such times!!!! :)

Yes, it is a short drive. We were at the POLY last time, and it was less than a 10 minute drive. :) Have fun!!!

Hi again. I was just catching up on this thread. I booked a villa suite for our Pug for August 1-8 and we are staying at the Poly. Unfortunately the VIP suites were booked up. Glad to know Poly is only 10 minutes away so we can check on her each day. I'm a bit scared about her being outside in Florida heat for more than 5 minutes a few times a day. Pugs can't tolerate heat. I remember in your first post you thought it was kind of warm in the kennel. I'm hoping someone can tell me if the A/C is working better these days. Just worried about my baby overheating being a flat faced breed.

Hi again. I was just catching up on this thread. I booked a villa suite for our Pug for August 1-8 and we are staying at the Poly. Unfortunately the VIP suites were booked up. Glad to know Poly is only 10 minutes away so we can check on her each day. I'm a bit scared about her being outside in Florida heat for more than 5 minutes a few times a day. Pugs can't tolerate heat. I remember in your first post you thought it was kind of warm in the kennel. I'm hoping someone can tell me if the A/C is working better these days. Just worried about my baby overheating being a flat faced breed.

Well, hopefully there was a glitch with the AC that weekend, since it was the first weekend they were open. I hope someone can help with that AC info!!!!

Also be careful if you take her to the outside dog park, cause the "fake grass" there is very very hot during those months. My boys got really hot for the few minutes they were out there. Only pet parents take them out to the dog park, and when they get walked, they staff usually goes no longer than 10 minutes per walk. (or thats what I was told).

Can anyone comment on the AC that has been lately and confirm if it was indeed cool?? THanks!;)

This was why I was looking at the indoor kennel as opposed to the indoor/outdoor kennel. It says on the website during the summer they shut off the outside part to the indoor/outdoor kennel and only open it a few times due to the heat. In that case, the indoor kennel would be a larger accommodation for them! Plus, they get walked more in the indoor kennel.

After comparing the numbers, I called to upgrade from a villa to a VIP suite; I spoke with Kristin. I told her that a villa plus stay and play, was more than the cost of the suite, which includes two 30 minute play groups a day.

She said that if we forgo the 30 minute play group that comes with booking the villa, add the four, hour stay and play, it is an additional 11.00 a day, instead of 22.00. That explains the 11.00 charge for stay and play on our last trip.

After comparing the numbers, I called to upgrade from a villa to a VIP suite; I spoke with Kristin. I told her that a villa plus stay and play, was more than the cost of the suite, which includes two 30 minute play groups a day.

She said that if we forgo the 30 minute play group that comes with booking the villa, add the four, hour stay and play, it is an additional 11.00 a day, instead of 22.00. That explains the 11.00 charge for stay and play on our last trip.

Thats great info yardbird! Thank you!!!!:thumbsup2

I toured Best Friends last Monday. It is incredible. I watched a group of pups having a play date, they were having a blast! So cute!

While I was there, the kennels with the flat screens were showing "Snow Buddies". It was really cute seeing some of the pups watching the dogs on the tvs.

I loved the place!

I toured Best Friends last Monday. It is incredible. I watched a group of pups having a play date, they were having a blast! So cute!

While I was there, the kennels with the flat screens were showing "Snow Buddies". It was really cute seeing some of the pups watching the dogs on the tvs.

I loved the place!

Its wonderful there isnt it?? My boys really loved the flat screen TV...it gave them noise and company while I wasnt there with them!:lovestruc

Thanks for the post!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter