Best Food in Universal?

boxer

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
Visiting next month, and basically getting both Parks banged-out in a day. We have visited before, but never really ate anywhere on property (inside the parks). Any suggestions at either park? Or is it better just to exit and eat at City Walk?

We always enjoy breakfasts at The Leaky Cauldron. The Three Broomsticks is pretty similar. Mythos lunches are usually pretty good, and it's always cool inside there on hot days. Had lunch once at Finnegans and thought it was good. Do not eat at the Fantastic Four cafe. Probably the worst food experience we have ever had. Took one bite of our meals and threw them in the garbage. ... City Walk, if you have the time and energy to go back outside the parks and eat, has tons of great options. Pretty much throw a dart and you'll find a good place.

The Harry Potter restaurants, Mythos and the Simpsons Bumblebee Man taco truck.
With the crowds now I’d be real tempted to make reservations for sit down means though.

Mythos is amazing in IoA & we love Mel's diner & Monster Cafe in Studios for a quick snack. Outside at Citywalk The Chocolate Emporium has amazing food - highly recommended for a visit.

There are a lot of food threads - do a quick search and you'll find a lot of great advice.

If you are trying to get both parks in a single day, you'll probably want to avoid any of the table service restaurants just for time. Exiting to City Walk would also bleed a lot of extra time.

We usually eat in City Walk, but we usually do 3 days.

As far as quick service places go, in US, we enjoy a few of the places in Fast Food Boulevard (Cletus' Chicken Shack, Krusty Burger). Haven't tried the new crepe place yet, but it gets good reviews for the food (and not so great reviews on the time it can take if there is a line).

Over in IoA, we ate at Doc Sugru's once and it was pretty good.

I was going to suggest the crepe place. We tend to eat at the HP restaurants and my boys love Richters for some reason. But all of us are really looking forward to the crepe place, based on our love of crepes and the reviews from every vlogger I follow in Orlando. They all loved the crepes.

I am so glad you said what you did about Bigfire. I had seen another really good review. We are changing our plans to eat here one night!

We loved Three Broomsticks, we always get the Family Platter. Cowfish as City Walk great too.

We just had 4 days there and only ate five big meals:
  • Two meals at 3 Broomsticks
    • King’s feast – Good deal, chicken was a little dry, but otherwise okay
    • Fish and Chips – Good, a little heavy for me, I could have just eaten half
    • Also tried regular and frozen butterbeer, and pumpkin juice – good but $8.50 for butterscotch soda pop, c’mon man!
  • Margaritaville
    • Had the Jambalaya and a regular Margarita which was all very good
  • Bubba Gump
    • Had something with a lot of shrimp and Coronaritas, I think I really liked it but don’t remember it all
  • Chocolate Emporium
    • Had Chocolate bread, Red reuben, an Old fashioned, and Chocolate Crème Brulee (this was one of my favorite desserts ever)

We love 3 Broomsticks for a late breakfast (around 10 am). The food is good and breakfast includes butterbeer!

We ate at the crepe stand on Friday and it was amazing. My lemon blueberry crepe was delicious but DH's brisket was even better. I love sweets and for me to prefer his crepe says something. Just get there early because the line can get really long. The crepes are made to order and, from what I can tell, they only have two plates to cook the crepes on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter