Best DVC for 2 Dad Families

I saw this thread and had to comment too.
similar to Lee, 2 dad family here and we just bought (2) contracts at different resorts this past year SSR & AUL. Candidly we’re using both as sleep around points ans staying whereever we can. I would love to try all of the resorts but so far we have just tried Boardwalk, Kidani and Grand Floridian. Kidani pool had a splash pad our 2 year old loves…but he also loves the grand Floridians kids pool too. Overall very happy we bought.

Considering DVC purchase and wanted to get any perspective on the best home resort for a 2 Dad family with 2 kids (girl 7 and boy 3). Considering Aluani but fairly open
Love OKW. Great vibe and relaxing and non-hotel feel.

Love OKW. Great vibe and relaxing and non-hotel feel.
And it is hard to beat the point value of the rooms. This year I have a group of 11 going to Disney, I've booked both a Grand Villa and a two bedroom during Thanksgiving week, for 709 points total, for BOTH rooms!

Two dad family here. We didn't want the commitment of DVC (particularly with perks going away and prices escalating). Having said that, we LOVE renting points (with David's). As someone mentioned earlier, it's a great way to see what resort you like before buying points.

My husband and I own at the Grand Floridian, and my parents own at Bay Lake Tower. Both have been fantastic for the proximity to Magic Kingdom! We were going to buy at the Polynesian, but since they only offer the studios or the bungalows, we felt that the Grand Floridian offered more flexibility in room choices when we start our family.

My husband and I own at the Grand Floridian, and my parents own at Bay Lake Tower. Both have been fantastic for the proximity to Magic Kingdom! We were going to buy at the Polynesian, but since they only offer the studios or the bungalows, we felt that the Grand Floridian offered more flexibility in room choices when we start our family.
This makes sense particularly if your family grows or you want to bring friends. And now you can walk from GF to MK!

That's really good to know. Does Aluani have kids care?

I'm leaning towards buying something like 300 points at SSR and then booking into 2br villas across all DVC properties. I think for this trip coming up Dec 31 - Jan 7 might look for someone renting points to try out the DVC experience.

How has this experience been? We're 2 dads with 2 kids and in the market for DVC but thinking we should rent and try it out first. We have 3.5 year old twins now and thinking a 2bedroom at GF might be best for us. Any advice?

My husband and I are also considering buying at the GF - how has the experience been?

My husband and I are also considering buying at the GF - how has the experience been?

We just sold our SSR contract and have settled in on VGF & AUL. We now own 500/500 of each. This covers us for 2br for Spring Break, Late Summer AUL, and after New Years trips. I assume we may not do all 3 every year so small borrow from future UY.

We absolutely love VGF, it's elegant and has easy access to walk into MK (great for our 4yr & 8yr old kids). REALLY REALLY need those annual passes to come back. We ended up buying APs at Universal for Dada & Papa as our nightly get aways (benefits of having Grandma travel with us)

You'll love GF !
I have a great guide referral too ( DM me - he is 'family')

We just sold our SSR contract and have settled in on VGF & AUL. We now own 500/500 of each. This covers us for 2br for Spring Break, Late Summer AUL, and after New Years trips. I assume we may not do all 3 every year so small borrow from future UY.

We absolutely love VGF, it's elegant and has easy access to walk into MK (great for our 4yr & 8yr old kids). REALLY REALLY need those annual passes to come back. We ended up buying APs at Universal for Dada & Papa as our nightly get aways (benefits of having Grandma travel with us)

You'll love GF !
I have a great guide referral too ( DM me - he is 'family')

Love it! I'm assuming you did resale for VGF? I'll message you on the guide!

Love it! I'm assuming you did resale for VGF? I'll message you on the guide!
I took advantage of the new VGF2 offer and bought 300 points, and did 2 resale contracts prior to that.
Our Aulani contract was direct taking advantage of the amazing pricing the offered prior to Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter