Best deck/location for a quiet Oceanview cabin on the Magic?

mrsgthatsme

Mouseketeer
We will be sailing on the Magic with my extended family. My brother is wanting to book an Oceanview room, and his top priority is a room that is very quiet and doesn't have a lot of mechanical noise or noise from loud guest areas nearby/above. The OV cabins on Deck 2 are $500 less than those on the other decks such as 5th and 7th that have OV cabins available. How do you feel about Deck 2.... I have read very mixed reviews. Are there certain staterooms that you would recommend? Or would you pay the $500 to be on another deck? If so, which OV rooms would you choose? I notice that some of the areas of the ship that have OV rooms (5th deck for example) seem to be below noisier areas such as the theater. What room or are would you pick personally for a quiet OV stateroom? Thanks so much!

Sailed deck 2 on magic last October and am scheduled to do it again July 2021. Loved it. Noise was not an issue and convenience factor was great. Room was 2050.

We will be sailing on the Magic with my extended family. My brother is wanting to book an Oceanview room, and his top priority is a room that is very quiet and doesn't have a lot of mechanical noise or noise from loud guest areas nearby/above. The OV cabins on Deck 2 are $500 less than those on the other decks such as 5th and 7th that have OV cabins available. How do you feel about Deck 2.... I have read very mixed reviews. Are there certain staterooms that you would recommend? Or would you pay the $500 to be on another deck? If so, which OV rooms would you choose? I notice that some of the areas of the ship that have OV rooms (5th deck for example) seem to be below noisier areas such as the theater. What room or are would you pick personally for a quiet OV stateroom? Thanks so much!
We've always done deck 2 on the Magic class ships. Love the location, and it's pretty quiet.

Love deck 2 oceanview on the magic/wonder. We've stayed in 2116 and 2108. Quiet and they're near the aft elevators/stairs, so easy access to the floors above.

The laundry is across from 2096, so I'd avoid the rooms around that area...gets hot from the dryers and a good bit of traffic right there. Also look at what is above the room, people have complained of noise in the starboard rooms that are under the kitchen (between the 2 restaurants on deck 3).

Echo the above! We were on deck 2 in 2070 and 2072 I think (or somewhere right around there) and never found it to be loud. DEFINITELY try not to be right near the laundry. I also prefer midship as I find my seasickness to be worse in the lower aft parts of the ship.

Thank you! Do you have any rooms or groups of rooms you have loved?
Well, the rooms themselves are pretty much the same, regardless of where on deck they are.

I liked 2108, mostly because it was the furthest forward we could go in the rear in a 9C (cheaper than 9B, midship rooms).

But each will have it's own idiosyncrasies. 2108 was under the passageway outside Lumiere's. It's not carpeted, so we could hear people (kids?) running up there but there wasn't a lot, and we weren't in the room all day. Forward we were under Rockin' Bar D. If you go to bed early, you could get a lot of bass vibration there when the shows/music are playing.

That said, I'd stay in either location again, in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
Count us in as longtime Deck 2 fans. We've probably done 8 trips on the Magic and Wonder, all Deck 2 oceanview, port, aft, and have never had anything but a perfect experience.

The best was coming into Halifax. On the dock, framed in our porthole, was a trio of bagpipers welcoming us. (I think this was the Magic's first visit there).

The only noise problem is several times we were above the gangway area, and when docking, there were occasional bangs and clatter. But that all quieted down when we left port.

If you pick a room near the aft elevators, there is usually no problem getting an empty elevator, zipping up to the beverage station, and zipping down again in a minimum of time (less time than it takes to brew my Keurig at home).

Count us in as longtime Deck 2 fans. We've probably done 8 trips on the Magic and Wonder, all Deck 2 oceanview, port, aft, and have

The best was coming into Halifax. On the dock, framed in our porthole, was a trio of bagpipers welcoming us. (I think this was the Magic's first visit there).

The only noise problem is several times we were above the gangway area, and when docking, there were occasional bangs and clatter. But that all quieted down when we left port.

If you pick a room near the aft elevators, there is usually no problem getting an empty elevator, zipping up to the beverage station, and zipping down again in a minimum of time (less time than it takes to brew my Keurig at home).

Another deck 2 fan. I like 2550, 2552, 2050, 2052 - that little chunk of rooms in that region. Both starboard and port. One on side you're under the Guest Service desk and Port Adventures desk on the other side so it's very quite. I think you're above staterooms on Deck 1 so no noise from there either.

Here's the list of 9B rooms I give to my travel agent in order of preference:

Though, I'm having a harder and harder time booking 2050 lately so I should probably start telling people how terrible and noisy that room is instead! But I can't help it, I want people to have an awesome vacation.

Though, I'm having a harder and harder time booking 2050 lately so I should probably start telling people how terrible and noisy that room is instead! But I can't help it, I want people to have an awesome vacation.

Yeeah there is a reason I haven't chimed in.... ;) Honestly anything midship on 2 is good. I like 2552 just because the mirroring is fun.

Another deck 2 fan. I like 2550, 2552, 2050, 2052 - that little chunk of rooms in that region. Both starboard and port. One on side you're under the Guest Service desk and Port Adventures desk on the other side so it's very quite. I think you're above staterooms on Deck 1 so no noise from there either.

Here's the list of 9B rooms I give to my travel agent in order of preference:

Thanks so very much for the specific and helpful advice. Your top 4 rooms were actually on my list for top contenders! It is great to hear that you liked them all. I read an older post mentioning that someone had loud vacuuming above them in the middle of the night in 2050 (although all the other reviews I read were stellar.) Have you ever experienced anything like that? Are you perfectly neutral between port and starboard?

Last edited:
We ended up on deck 2 on our cruise (OGT rate), and ended up loving it so much that we tried to book the same room for our next cruise - but it wasn't available! We were in 2534 - it was right near the forward elevators, which we found to be the most rarely used, so it was super easy to get around.

Not that you needed another person saying go for deck 2, but the more the merrier. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!