Best CS meals to share

Puget Peach

My name is Puget Peach and I'm a Disneyholic!
Four of us (three 60+ adult females and one 17 year old male) will be visiting the first week of June and the 3 adults would like to share cs meals to cut calories and save money. Where have you found the largest serving sizes in the parks? We want to avoid fried foods when possible as well as bakery items like muffins, cinnamon rolls :sad1:, and pastry. Buns and bread on sandwiches are not a concern. Anyone tried the new sandwiches at Liberty Square Market? Two of us are Disney veterans while the other two are first timers, so we won't be leaving the parks for meals. We hope not to have to resort to cs kids meals, but will if we need to. We are staying off site, so we are not on a Dining Plan. Thanks in advance for suggestions. We have 2 ADRs; one at The Plaza and one at the SciFi.

Four of us (three 60+ adult females and one 17 year old male) will be visiting the first week of June and the 3 adults would like to share cs meals to cut calories and save money. Where have you found the largest serving sizes in the parks? We want to avoid fried foods when possible as well as bakery items like muffins, cinnamon rolls :sad1:, and pastry. Buns and bread on sandwiches are not a concern. Anyone tried the new sandwiches at Liberty Square Market? Two of us are Disney veterans while the other two are first timers, so we won't be leaving the parks for meals. We hope not to have to resort to cs kids meals, but will if we need to. We are staying off site, so we are not on a Dining Plan. Thanks in advance for suggestions. We have 2 ADRs; one at The Plaza and one at the SciFi.

Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom
Studio Catering Company at Studios (the sandwiches can be easily split)
Fairfax Fare at Studios

Also, try the pot stickers at Lotus Blossom Cafe in Epcot.

But quite honestly, the kids meals are good since you usually get two sides and a drink. And the sides are healthy ones.

The swarma platter at Tangierine Cafe (Morocco Epcot) is one of my favorite counter service meals plus it is very large - especially if you get the combo lamb/chicken platter. You get roasted spit lamb/& or chicken, onions, yogurt sauce, couscous, taboule, hummus and bread. Fairly low carb too.:)

A few other suggestions:

Cosmic Rays in Magic Kingdom and Tangerine Cafe in Epcot's Morocco. Order one of the bigger meals and then splitting will work.

Ordering healthy snacks can stretch a meal, too.

Finally, think about bringing in some healthy snack bars into the park with you. Nuts are always good.

I will say we have never tried to share with three adults; I think I would be hungry doing it that way. I think 2 meals among three adults would work and the 17 year old will be glad to take any leftovers.

We like to share at cs with the big condiment selections.. Mushrooms, onions, etc.....it makes the taco salad and burger at pecos bill cafe huge and very sharable!

My husband and I (in our late 50s) often share, and we also like to look for healthier options.

Columbia Harbor House in MK doesn't necessarily have huge entrees, but they have some healthy and flavorful choices. You could probably split 2 entrees among the 3 women. I loved the hummus sandwich.

At DHS, Studio Catering Company has some sandwiches large enough to share. I like the grilled veggie sub and the panini Italian sandwich. They also have a Greek side salad.

Also at DHS, Backlot Express is another favorite. They have the typical burgers, but they also have a great grilled veggie sandwich. (I'm not vegetarian, but I do love a good grilled veggie sandwich). Again, you could probably share 2 sandwiches among the 3 of you, or get one sandwich and an entree salad, like their Southwest Chicken Salad.

In Epcot, we love the Tangierine Cafe. He and I always share a platter. Depending on how hungry you are, you could probably make a platter go 3 ways, and you might add an extra side dish or two or great yourself to a baklava.

I hope that gives you some options to consider.

If Pecos Billls in MK still has the Taco Salad, we shared that one and it was more than enough. The condiments bar really helped to make it a huge meal.

Thanks for your ideas. I haven't tried Studio Catering OR Backlot Express, so will schedule one of these for our "lighter" dinner meal after lunch (MUCH after) at Sci Fi. Does anyone know of any source for nutritional information about Disney World cs meals? It sure would be helpful. Two of us are on 1200/day diets and our third lady is trying to eat healthier. Unfortunately, the other two ladies and the 17 year old wants nothing to do with "strange" food, so Tangerine (one of my favorites) is out. I also have not tried Pecos Bill, so we will take a gander through there and see if the team can make a meal there. The "pickyness" thing is quite a challenge. I'm thinking I'll let the other two adults (sisters) share and I'll order the healthiest thing I can. Don't want to take forever to negotiate! We definitely plan on Flame Tree.

I'd ditto the Cosmic Ray's suggestion. My spouse and I split the chicken dish all the time. Half a rotisserie chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes. It's actually quite good (not "strange") :) and then add the chocolate cake dessert. Yum.

We (DH and I) go to Cosmic Rays and split the rib and chicken meal. It is great plenty for us.

The swarma platter at Tangierine Cafe (Morocco Epcot) is one of my favorite counter service meals plus it is very large - especially if you get the combo lamb/chicken platter. You get roasted spit lamb/& or chicken, onions, yogurt sauce, couscous, taboule, hummus and bread. Fairly low carb too.:)

Totally agree !!! So good, and a ton of food !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter