Best Credit Card for perks?

disney1474

DIS Veteran
Currently I have the Chase Disney Premier card and was wondering if anyone has a card that is better?
I use all of my points on the Disney card to purchase my AP's to the parks. Is there a card that will give me more points, then the Disney card, and still be able to use towards purchasing Disney park tickets?

don't know if it's any better but kind of an untapped (from what i can see) source of points is from your insurance products. some companies (like farmers) have their own credit cards that have GOOD rewards. for example-farmers offers 3x on all the insurance you pay for on it (so if you are paying a few grand a year on homeowners or renters and auto that adds up quick), 3x on gasoline and 3x on any home improvement (furniture we purchased on it qualified). you can turn around and apply the points as a statement credit so anything like park tickets could be purchased. it's a no fee and i think they have 12 month zero interest for newbies.

There are some others that are better - as to cash back. For example, I get 5% back on gas with my Sams card.

The Disney card gives 2% for some stuff and 1% for the rest.

And, like other company specific cards - there is only one place to use these points - Disney.

The Disney credit cards just aren't very good when it comes to earning power and even worse when it comes to flexibility.

I like Chase Sapphire Preferred for its flexible rewards but its earning power isn't any better than the Disney cards. It also carries a pricey annual fee. However, the travel benefits the card provides can be worth the cost.

For a fee-free card, I like the Discover IT card. It has no annual fee, earns 1% cash back on all purchases and 5% in rotating categories. One your first anniversary, they match the cash back that you earned during the year.

Finally, the Barclay's Arrival Plus World Elite can be a great choice if you travel frequently. It has a generous sign up bonus and you earn 2 miles per $ spent plus get a 5% rebate on all redeemed points. Plus, it has very good travel benefits.

There's no one card fits all answer.

Chase Freedom is the default card, but we also use Chase Ink to pay bills. We've been using the Amex Hilton and have been getting points quickly for restaurants and groceries. Sometimes Costco is the better card, it really just depends on the situation.

We had the Disney Visa and they closed it due to non-use. It just wasn't very powerful at earning points.

It depends on your spending categories (groceries, travel, restaurants, business supplies, etc.) what is the best route to receive the most benefits. Plus the annual fees associated with the premium cards. The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) had an excellent article on the front page today (Jan 2, 2019) about cc perks, merchants rebelling on the costs, and banks reconsidering the costs gone wrong.

^^ I agree, there isn't an answer that works for everyone. Depends on your spending habits (how much/where) as well as where you live and travel from. An airline card you seldom fly with won't be of much value. Honestly, the largest perk tends to be those 'sign-up' bonuses and after that doesn't usually amount to much. The credit card company makes money off your purchases so obviously they want people to use their card. Having several cards is also of less value since the points will be spread over many cards and if they expire before you accumulate enough to use them wasn't worth anything. Getting a few cents off a gallon of gas isn't probably enough savings to pay the annual fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter