Best Conference Resort for Small (20 person) Course

Which resort hotel has the best conference space?

• Coronado Springs

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Yacht and Beach Club

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Grand Floridian

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Contemporary

• Boardwalk Inn

• Total voters

pregnantw4thprincess

Mouseketeer
Hello all!

My husband and I are in the process of setting up a two day course in SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework Enterprise) on Disney property. Our current choices are Coronado Springs, Yacht Club, or Grand Floridian. I have not stayed at any of these resorts, nor have I been able to find many pictures of the conference rooms themselves online. I am leaning towards Yacht Club (Stormalong Bay, am I right?), but just wondering if anyone has any input...especially if you have attended a conference on Disney property before.

This course is sort of a BETA for a "traincation" program for our company...if it goes well, we will be putting this class on our schedule bi-monthly, so I would love input on the other conference resort properties as well. So hard to make such a big choice having never stayed at any of the conference resorts before!

Thanks in advance for all your help!

I've been to a conference at Coronado Springs about 5 years ago now. I really like Coronado as a moderate resort. Now - it is going to have a bunch of construction the next few years - so I don't know how that will impact the guest experience. While I'm not sure, I think it's the biggest conference center of your three options. Given yours is small - there could be another conference going on at the same time. I like it's three "neighborhoods" - has a great pool. Is family friendly. Good food court. It's isolated - and has just one restaurant - the bar by the lake is a nice area to hang out though!

I think the biggest thing you need to think about is who is attending the conference and how much can they afford to pay for a guest room? GF and YC are deluxe resorts with significant higher costs on the guest rooms. In my profession - attending a conference there would be out of reach for us. Who are your clientele and what do they want to pay/experience?

YC - is on the Boardwalk, walking distance to EPCOT - and I think appeals to a more adult only type crowd. It's not as kid-centered. To me, it feels more subdued, adult. So - if this is going to be a bunch of middle-aged men travelling in for a day or two - without wives or family - they will probably like the feel and location.

GF - has a more "girly" feel to the resort - Victorian or Southern Charm type feel. It's access to MK is awesome - I personally am not the best one to judge about this - I just don't like the look of the resort.

I've only been to a conference at CR, but I've stayed in all of the resorts mentioned. I voted for YC. During conference breaks, it offers such a nice spot to walk around and a ton of dining options. Attendees can also simply walk to EP or DHS during their free time or spend the evening on the Boardwalk.

I voted for BC/YC as we have stayed there but not for a conference. Its convenient.

The only real conference that my dh and our family actually attended was at the Swan/Dolphin. Well dh attended, the rest of us went to the parks.

I dont know what the rates there are compared to a true Disney hotel.

I've attended conferences at all of them except Coronado Springs, and with the addition of the Swan or Dolphin.
I love the Boardwalk the most. I don't recall the setup at YC. Any of the Epcot area resorts have a great location with easy access to 2 parks. Contemporary was a good location to visit MK, though it seemed like a little hike to get to the conference center. GF is nice, and as of this past January, they were under refurbishment, so should be all new inside (I'm likely attending a conference there in the fall, so it is slated to be done by then).

I agree with a PP to see what kind of rates there are and if it something the company/employees (whoever is paying for it) can afford. The conference rates are usually a better discount that the room-only discounts.
Another thing to think about is what are the food/restaurant choices at each resort.

Thank you all for your input! I meant to respond earlier but have been up to my eyeballs in work all day long :-)

I think the biggest thing you need to think about is who is attending the conference and how much can they afford to pay for a guest room? GF and YC are deluxe resorts with significant higher costs on the guest rooms. In my profession - attending a conference there would be out of reach for us. Who are your clientele and what do they want to pay/experience? The rooms at YC at our reduced rate are very comparable to moderate prices...that was definitely a concern. GF is more (while still a great discount), which rule that one out for us unfortunately
YC - is on the Boardwalk, walking distance to EPCOT - and I think appeals to a more adult only type crowd. It's not as kid-centered. To me, it feels more subdued, adult. So - if this is going to be a bunch of middle-aged men travelling in for a day or two - without wives or family - they will probably like the feel and location. I am hoping wives and family will be on board! My goal is to make it a "Train-cation", where people bring their families a day or two early, spend some family time, then hit a character meal or the parks in the evenings after the course (hubs scheduled it 8-4 so it doesn't take up half the evening)...and maybe spend a day or two after with the family! That's what we are doing :-)

I agree with a PP to see what kind of rates there are and if it something the company/employees (whoever is paying for it) can afford. The conference rates are usually a better discount that the room-only discounts. I was shocked at the discounts! Like jaw droppingly shocked! I want hubs to have all of our courses there! All Disney all day, am I right? LOL Unfortunately we live in NH, so...maybe not aaaaaaalllllll our classes LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter