"Best" condo/resort pools, preferably ones through II

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
Thinking of doing a week in Orlando w/o doing Disney. Might just do Sea World one day, drive to the beach for another, but really looking to relax by the pool. Any recommendations on condo/resort pools? We will be getting one through Interval Internationals getaways, so if you know of any through them please advise. TIA

We stay there every summer through II. We have a a 7 year old and a 2 year old. The pirate ship pool area is awesome with a larger slide for our 7 year old. The cabanas are first come first serve, so we go down first thing when the pool opens and stake our claim and stay all day! LOVE It!

Check out the new Hilton Parc Soleil. Fantastic resort with a great pool and slide. many things for your kids to do. I have a full review posted in the review section. I've been to many of these resorts and this one ranks #1.

parcsoleil_zpsd9bde716.jpg

thanks everyone!! Still waiting on definate dates from DH, but it could be the end of May or middle of June, last minute planning I know....

I've heard Mariotts are nice, and several of them still have availability...hard to know which is "nicest"

On the Sheratons, are Resort, Village, & Vistana the same place? TIA

Check out the new Hilton Parc Soleil. Fantastic resort with a great pool and slide. many things for your kids to do. I have a full review posted in the review section. I've been to many of these resorts and this one ranks #1.

parcsoleil_zpsd9bde716.jpg

this looks great but I don't think Hilton is on II. I looked and didn't see it :confused:
thanks though!! Looks great!

On the Sheratons, are Resort, Village, & Vistana the same place? TIA

There are two:

Sheraton Vistana resort - very large, some newer buildings, some older. I believe this was the first timeshare in Orlando. I've stayed here once and it is okay but I would pass

Sheraton Vistana villages - much newer, nicer, not as large, but not as nice as the Marriotts and Hiltons IMHO.

For the Marriotts I would recommend Cypress harbour. There is an even newer resort which i hear is great but I haven't stayed there. marriott harbour lake is nice (formerly horizons) and so is Grand Vista. I would avoid Imperial palms, royal palms, and sabel palms but they are "okay". My issue with them is that they are connected to the Marriott world, which is great, but you have to take a shuttle to get there which is a pain. IMHO.

There are two:

Sheraton Vistana resort - very large, some newer buildings, some older. I believe this was the first timeshare in Orlando. I've stayed here once and it is okay but I would pass

Sheraton Vistana villages - much newer, nicer, not as large, but not as nice as the Marriotts and Hiltons IMHO.

For the Marriotts I would recommend Cypress harbour. There is an even newer resort which i hear is great but I haven't stayed there. marriott harbour lake is nice (formerly horizons) and so is Grand Vista. I would avoid Imperial palms, royal palms, and sabel palms but they are "okay". My issue with them is that they are connected to the Marriott world, which is great, but you have to take a shuttle to get there which is a pain. IMHO.

Just want to point out that Sheraton Vistana Resort renovated all buildings within the last couple years and the condos are amazingly well decorated and up to date now

for a last minute trip - probably only the Marriott Grande Vista might be your only choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter