Best Breakfast not in a park

It has been a few years since we have been to Disney but the Wave was always a must for breakfast. Trying to figure out how to work it into our trip this time around because we normally just grab something we stash in the room for breakfast.

Not sure if they still have the but the sweet potato pancakes with the special butter were great and they used to have shrimp and grits too that were amazing (although very fattening).
Also price wise it is much cheaper then any of the other ones and the resturant is usually very quiet.

I would second the Tonga Toast at kona if you have never had it. Boma has a really good breakfast buffett. Also Olivia's at OKW is a nice relaxing place for breakfast. Mostly comfort foods there.

So glad to hear that the Wave is a great place for breakfast. We are staying at BLT and thought this would be a great breakfast before we head to off to our cruise :goodvibes.

So glad to hear that the Wave is a great place for breakfast. We are staying at BLT and thought this would be a great breakfast before we head to off to our cruise :goodvibes.
The Wave is AMAZING!!!! Their little buffet is filled with such delicious items. And I love that some made-to-order items are included such as their yummy french toast (with the special butters). SO GOOD! At $23/pp, you really cant go wrong. :cloud9: I was so impressed that I ate there twice for breakfast last trip...plus once for dinner. :teeth:

Looking for the best breakfast that is not in a park.
And that is not a Character Breakfast.

Thanks!
Some of this depends on where you are staying but for us, we really like The Wave and Trail's End and from there then Kona Cafe.

I love Eggs Benedict. When I saw Eggs Benedict on the buffet at the Wave, I got it. I was disappointed because the English muffin was soggy.

Has anyone ever has a later breakfast reservation at The Wave? We're not early morning eaters, but would love it later morning. Since it ends at 11:00, if we go at like 10-10:30, will choices be limited and will they begin taking it down for lunch service?

THE WAVE!!! its at the Contemporary resort. its so good that i went there twice last trip. You can order off the menu OR you can partake in their buffet. The buffet is amazing. Nice selection of food. Also included in the buffet price are made-to-order items like french toast and eggs ben. AND, mimosa is also included. YUMMY! I think its only $23 for the buffet. I highly recommend it. Kona use to be my fave until I tried The Wave. There's no comparison between the two.

:cloud9:

Do they have Mickey waffles on this buffet? Considering dropping my CM ADR for Wave.

ETA: allears reports the buffet at $22 and has the mimosa as a separately priced item at $10.

Last edited:
Do they have Mickey waffles on this buffet? Considering dropping my CM ADR for Wave.

ETA: allears reports the buffet at $22 and has the mimosa as a separately priced item at $10.
Yes they have Mickey waffles. :) So yum. And you are correct. Since i've been in disney in November they have changed it so that they are now charging for mimosas. :( Boo. That sucks. But i cant say im surprised by this. Wouldnt be surprised if pretty soon the made-to-order items that is currently included in the buffet price will no longer be available too (items such as their delicious french toast with special butters on the side).

On a side note, i see that the price went from $23pp to $22pp. Thats good news at least.

BTW good choice in dropping CM for The Wave. I really dont think you'll regret it. If you do, feel free to come back and scold me. :)

This will be a strange recommendation, but here goes: Spyglass in the South Trinidad section of Caribbean Beach.

It's Quick Service with seating outdoors with a covered patio and fans.

We shared the Guava French Toast and Cuban Breakfast Sandwiches the other day and everyone wanted to just stay there and eat more.

BTW good choice in dropping CM for The Wave. I really dont think you'll regret it. If you do, feel free to come back and scold me. :)

Thanks for the info :thumbsup2. DH doesn't love WDW, so when I take him I try to focus on things he enjoys & Mickey waffles is one of them. Now that DS15 and DD18 are older, everyone says 'we don't NEED character meals' but I'm not entirely sure about that. The CM breakfast is on dad's last day with us, we sleep in, eat Mickey waffles, then we drive dad to airport. We have 1 other character meal booked this trip but for dinner, no waffles, (considering dropping that ADR too). I may do that day before switch on ADR, but I think once we're there & realizing we're not going to stand in line for M&G's anymore, maybe we do want characters to come to us & get some pics.

We got off the Dream in early June and headed directly to a 10:30 Wave breakfast; the reservation for which made from the car at 9:15! Everything was perfect! Except the traffic!

Favorite is Boma. Went twice last trip.

Favorite takeout breakfast is from Picabu's at the Dolphin.
This will be a strange recommendation, but here goes: Spyglass in the South Trinidad section of Caribbean Beach.

It's Quick Service with seating outdoors with a covered patio and fans.

We shared the Guava French Toast and Cuban Breakfast Sandwiches the other day and everyone wanted to just stay there and eat more.
It that something new?

Kona is traditional for us; love breakfast there. We also like GF Cafe, but have had to wait for a long while before being seated, and that is with an ADR. Food's great, but I'd only go if I had plenty of chill time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter