Best Breakfast Buffet

StuffedwFluff

Mouseketeer
I'm not a huge fan of breakfast buffets. I love breakfast, but hate the old and rubbery options that most buffets offer. But, we'll be in the most magical place on earth for Mother's Day and breakfast is a tradition. To please everyone we need a buffet. Which would you go to if you were hesitant, Fresh Mediterranean Market or Crystal Palace?

Our group loves loves crystal palace. The food is yummy and there's a good variety, including a thing or two not offered at other buffets (delicious puffed French toast). Ive eaten there on three trips and haven't experienced food thats clearly been sitting out for awhile or is rubbery. They even have an omelette station where you can do a create-your-own kind of thing so you know it's fresh. You can also get chocolate chip pancakes made-to-order there as well. It is a character meal, though (Pooh characters), so keep that in mind. I've neither been to nor know anything about your other option. Hopefully someone can come along and give you an opinion on that. Enjoy your trip!

Fresh. Not that I've been to Crystal Palace, but the quality and a more-relaxed atmosphere far exceeded those we have been to: Boma, Cape May and 'Ohana. It's become a must-do -- even with us being non-buffet folks, too. :thumbsup2

Crystal Palace hands down. It is the only must do for us on every trip. :) Like someone said above me, they have some unique options that aren't available at other buffets. The food has always been hot and fresh. You can't go wrong with CP. :)

Actually we prefer the breakfast buffets at Tusker House or Boma. Not a big fan of buffets though.

Between those two, Crystal Palace is far better and it is in a prime location! However, I wouldn't say that Fresh and Crystal are the two best buffets. I think Crystal is up there but 1900 Park is also fantastic!! They have a make-your- own omelette station! :) Crystal also have a make-your-own omelette station but the omelettes there are made in a flat-top grill compared to being made in a pan at 1900. :goodvibes

OP: since CP is one of your choices that means you're planning on being in the MK. Why not try breakfast at The Wave instead? The Wave has both a buffet and a menu so you can REALLY please everyone, and then it's just a short walk or a nice boat ride over to the front gate of the MK.

This is not a character buffet so it may not be quite so crowded (well, OK, on Mothers Day probably everyplace will be crowded). At least it may have a slightly quieter atmosphere, even on a busy morning.

My personal favorite breakfast buffet is at Boma, but unless you are staying at AKL or are driving the travel logistics can take a big chunk of time.

Been to Cape May, 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace & Chef Mickeys. I will say IMOH No to Chef Mickeys...too loud, poor food. Cape May....No....everyone working there was unhappy, food was not refilled quickly, choices were poor & restaurant set-up is horrible. 1900 Park Fare...Yes...food was great, characters were awesome, very interactive with all guests, no park admission needed. And Crystal Palace....YES!!!! Food was awesome, atmosphere great, we went on Mother's Day and not too busy at 8am, got in MK before it opened, had park to ourselves for photos. Hope this helps.

Ditto what OP said--how about The Wave?? We did Mother's Day breakfast there in 2009 and it was fantastic! Omelet station, carving station, tons of fresh fruit and berries (like raspberries and blackberries mmm), and the best cheesy grits I've ever tasted. But as another other poster (other brother Darryl haha) said, if you decide to do a park, Tusker House breakfast was amazing too! We just did it on Tuesday and didn't even have a snack until dinner. The ham and the potato leek frittata were awesome, but there were endless choices there too. Still haven't made it to Fresh--maybe next trip!

Personally I think Tusker House and Boma have the best breakfast buffets on property! Depends on if you want a character meal (TH) or not (Boma).

CP...no doubt....their puffed french toast is worth the price of admission!!!

Personally I think Tusker House and Boma have the best breakfast buffets on property! Depends on if you want a character meal (TH) or not (Boma).

I agree! I loved the breakfast buffet at Boma, but we were staying at AKL on that trip so it was very convenient. It may be a little out of the way for you depending on where you'll be that morning. We've done a lot of character breakfast buffets and Tusker House is by far our favorite. The best food and the character interaction was terrific.

FRESH :thumbsup2 If you don't like rubbery breakfast foods go here.
They make your omlette to order with the ingredients you hand them , so as much or little cheese, meat, veggies as you want :thumbsup2 They take your pancakes off the griddle and straight onto your plate, same with the waffles
Everything is fresh and amazing. Best oatmeal I have ever encountered

I vote Crystal Palace. We've done breakfast buffets at CP, Chef Mickey's, and Boma. CP is by far our favorite. I thought their omletes were better than Boma, though Boma does have some different options that were interesting. I wouldn't recommend Chef Mickey at all, the food was not good.

My vote would be Tusker house or Boma. Tusker house if you're OK with noise. Boma if you want a "normal" b-fast. Both have about the same fare; which is kinda different from a regular buffet

another vote for Crystal Palace...best variety of food, best food and a very easy, laid back atmosphere with tremendous atmosphere..

Couchy said:
FRESH :thumbsup2 If you don't like rubbery breakfast foods go here.
They make your omlette to order with the ingredients you hand them , so as much or little cheese, meat, veggies as you want :thumbsup2 They take your pancakes off the griddle and straight onto your plate, same with the waffles
Everything is fresh and amazing. Best oatmeal I have ever encountered

I totally agree! I love the Disney World "campus." But tried the Fresh Buffet breakfast at the Swan &Dolphin for the first time Memorial Day Weekend. FANTASTIC! Quality pastries that actually look as good as they taste. And if you have a AAA Card the $20 buffet is only $17!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter