Best and Worst - Table Service @ Disney Springs

Agree. I'm not gonna eat at rainforest cause we have one here in metro Detroit. T. rex is what it is. The food isn't great it's for the kids. My kids love it. I could give my daughter a wagu beef filet and she would ask for chicken tenders. It's about the kids in my case. I do what makes them happy.

I love places like Jock Lindsays and Raglan Road and Boathouse but.... I honestly dont understand the hate that Rainforest Cafe and T Rex gets.. Ive eaten at both of those dozens of times and never have been like damn this food sucks lol. They are quality places with great atmosphere

Last edited:
really? what did you get? We've only eaten there once but it was one of our best meals. Loved the Rock Shrimp and the duck and the kids meals were great (and came with origami sheets to keep them busy) and we had probably the best server we have ever had on Disney property

I can't remember what I had, but my wife had the lobster. It was more the service that made it terrible. Our server couldn't care less to be there and our entrees showed up close to half an hour apart. My wife wasn't given any utensils for her lobster and when she asked the server seemed put out. Overall it was just an unpleasant experience.

I love places like Jock Lindsays and Raglan Road and Boathouse but.... I honestly dont understand the hate that Rainforest Cafe and T Rex gets.. Ive eaten at both of those dozens of times and never have been like damn this food sucks lol. They are quality places with great atmosphere

I haven't eaten at T-Rex (my kids get scared by the animatronic T-Rex out front and how loud it is in the restaurant) but the few times I have eaten at Rainforest Cafe I always feel like the food is ok, but over priced for what you get and just better options out there

I haven't eaten at T-Rex (my kids get scared by the animatronic T-Rex out front and how loud it is in the restaurant) but the few times I have eaten at Rainforest Cafe I always feel like the food is ok, but over priced for what you get and just better options out there
I agree with it all (including the noise level not being for some kids - or adults, like me!), and feel this way about a loot of chain places - Friendly's, Friday's, Hard Rocks, Chili's, etc. - fine for what they are, and if that's what you want/are in the mood for, but if better/different options are readily available, I'll usually take those. Especially for me - since I don't drive, a HUGE part of any Disney trip is the ready availability of different forms of tanspo/having the independence and freedom to experience different things.

I would add Morimoto Asia to that list. It has easily been the most disappointing meal we've ever had on Disney property!

From what I've heard definitely not worth it, especially if on the DDP... I think it is still 2 Credits? I have wanted to try it, but when presented with all of the other options DS has to offer I can't justify it yet.

We'll be going to Disney World at the end of July, we'll do bowling for the kids at night and snacking during the day, so keep the suggestions coming. Right now on my list of to try are the Coke Floats, the fries and dipping sauces at D-Luxe Burger and Morimoto's quick service items.

We LOVE the rooftop terrace of the Coca-Cola store, as do our kids! Great view, too!
Wasn't impressed with QS Morimoto. It was okay, but we had a long wait. I did enjoy TS there. I would give the inside sushi bar a try-Isn't that a separate area?
Our Raglan Road experience was bad. Food was ok but we were in a back room and had an EXTREMELY loud group which kept getting larger and rowdier. Granted, it was late but not an ideal atmosphere that night with our kids and parents (grandparents) along! My DSIL, DB, and family had a fun trip there when the dancers were on-stage, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter