Bermuda excursions

DMLAINI

DIS Veteran
First time cruisers. Which excursions do you recommend in Bermuda. It will be myself, my husband, our daughter (age 13), my brother, & my Mom. Thank you!

Adding to my earlier post… Horseshoe Bay is everything people say it is. The beach is spectacular and should not be missed. If you click in my signature you can read my trip report from our Bermuda cruise last year. If you can’t see it because you’re on the phone, turn the phone sideways and you can see it.

Day at the Atlantis Resort is a blast. That resort is incredible with so much to do. Sign up for specials from their website you can get a real good deal sometimes which allows you and your guests up to occupancy limit to have unlimited access.

Day at the Atlantis Resort is a blast. That resort is incredible with so much to do. Sign up for specials from their website you can get a real good deal sometimes which allows you and your guests up to occupancy limit to have unlimited access.
Isn't that in Nassau? The OP is looking for Bermuda excursions :)

You are staying overnight I presume? That is the perfect opportunity to go off on your own without the stressors of missing the boat. Ton of taxis lined up outside the dock area, Id suggesting grabbing one of those on day one and going to Horseshoe Bay beach (buses there to bring you back). If you like the driver see if you can make arrangements for a private tour the next day. That is what we did and it worked perfectly.

I love their Crystal & Fantasy Caves, Masterworks museum, National Gallery Museum, and of course the beaches.
If you just want to wander aimlessly, you can take a ferry from King's Wharf to Hamilton and walk around. They have many shops and restaurants there. For a trip back in time, go to St. George's.

I love their Crystal & Fantasy Caves, Masterworks museum, National Gallery Museum, and of course the beaches.
If you just want to wander aimlessly, you can take a ferry from King's Wharf to Hamilton and walk around. They have many shops and restaurants there. For a trip back in time, go to St. George's.

Love St. George's! Old Bermuda. Check out Tobacco Bay whole you are there. Walk or mini bus from town square. Check in with visitor's center.

Honestly, Bermuda was such a safe and easy to navigate port that you should do whatever you want to on your own. We took the public ferry and public bus to the Fantasy Caves and had a great, uncrowded time. I am NOT a person that walks around my local city (Seattle) or uses their transportation. But I had no issues in Bermuda.

There are vans outside the dock that take you to the beach for a few dollars. There's some shops, a museum, and Dolphin swim facility right at the dock. There's also a cheap beach and mini golf.

One thing to note, though, that affected many of us. A lot of people in our cruise group couldn't use their credit and debit cards, dispite being told we would be able to. My MasterCard didn't work, but my Visa did. US cash is accepted all over, too.

Honestly, Bermuda was such a safe and easy to navigate port that you should do whatever you want to on your own. We took the public ferry and public bus to the Fantasy Caves and had a great, uncrowded time. I am NOT a person that walks around my local city (Seattle) or uses their transportation. But I had no issues in Bermuda.

There are vans outside the dock that take you to the beach for a few dollars. There's some shops, a museum, and Dolphin swim facility right at the dock. There's also a cheap beach and mini golf.

One thing to note, though, that affected many of us. A lot of people in our cruise group couldn't use their credit and debit cards, dispite being told we would be able to. My MasterCard didn't work, but my Visa did. US cash is accepted all over, too.

This is so true. We walked everywhere in Bermuda, took public transport- buses, ferries. Very easy. No worries.

Not OP but a lurker as we have a Bermuda cruise next July (I hope). Wondering if any tours are recommended just to get the commentary and to be able to see many things in a few hours? If so, any recommended?

Definitely do NOT book excursions with Disney--they are RIDICULOUSLY overpriced! Things are expensive in Bermuda but you can get anywhere yourself relatively easily.

When we were there we did:

1. Zoo and Aquarium. Absolutely skip this. There is one very cool wall of fish where we got good pictures but the rest was absolutely skippable. The website shows that cool fish wall. It is one wall don't be fooled! The rest is subpar at best.

2. Glass bottom boat tour. I mean it was okay I guess. I thought it was kind of short. You got one drink. There were so many boats out that they kicked up a lot of sand from the bottom and the glass bottom boat part wasn't great. I wouldn't do it again and would have just spent time in the port.

3. If we had to do it over again we would do Horseshoe Bay EVERY SINGLE DAY. IT IS AMAZING! Amazing! Even my youngest who is afraid of the ocean loved it!

Last edited:
We were in Bermuda on a RC cruise that docked one day, overnighted for one night and then left the following evening. We booked all of our activities independently of the RC. Our family (Grandma, Mom, Dad, 15 yr old daughter, and 11 yr old son) all enjoyed an Island Wrap Around Tour with Juanita. We made advanced reservations and she picked us and about 30 other people at the dock. Juanita is a local and she knew everyone on the island as we drove along. She gave a great tour and we feel like we saw all of the highlights.

On day 2, my husband and son went fishing on the Jolly Roger. The walked over to the boat from the ship as it was just across the way. It was not a private charter, so there were other people onboard, but they enjoyed the day catching and releasing fish along the nearby reef.

While the boys went fishing, my daughter and I (Grandma just relaxed onboard the ship) went on Hartley's Helmet Dive. Again, the picked us up right near the ship, and we went off to walk along the ocean floor with dive helmets. It was amazing! We saw many fish that swam right up to us!

I highly recommend all three of these activities!

3. If we had to do it over again we would do Horseshoe Bay EVERY SINGLE DAY. IT IS AMAZING! Amazing! Even my youngest who is afraid of the ocean loved it!

To tag onto this, if anyone has little ones and you want to avoid the open ocean there is a small cove like area at Horseshoe. It is towards the right as you enter HB. There are even little carve outs/ ledges in some areas that can give a little natural shade in the afternoon. Its rockier over there, it isnt the smooth sandy beach, especially if you hang out near the edges to get the shade but the water is nice and shallow for little ones and it just feels more protected for those that might be hesitant of an open water like feeling.

ETA" There is a little cave by the cove that you can walk into. There are some really neat fossils embedded into the walls and floor of that cave.

Last edited:
Just throwing another recommendation for Horseshoe Bay out there, even though I think your cruise just got cancelled 😕 Hopefully you are able to rebook for next year.

Horseshoe Bay was beautiful, and so convenient. It was easy to get there and back right from the pier. I appreciated that they had food and restrooms, too. We enjoyed the little cove to the right that's been mentioned, but also a cove allllll the way to the left that had the coolest looking fish in it.

One reason for this is your credit card institution's lock on the international use of the card, but - more frequently - it is because the network's fraud detection system has kicked in. This system is managed by the networks themselves, so it doesn't matter how many different Mastercards you have in your wallet. The usual workaround for international travel is to (1) carry cards from different networks - VISA, Mastercard, Amex, and even Discover, and (2) book and pay for everything you can online/beforehand.

Agree with what everyone else wrote- don’t book excursions through DCL, public transport is safe, and don’t miss Horseshoe Bay!

Next to Horseshoe Bay is the Fairmont Southampton (our go to when not visiting via ship). They made the most delicious scones (soft & butttery, not dry rocks like they make in the US lol). Highly recommended heading up there for afternoon tea or scones and cocktails after a day at the beach.

https://www.fairmont.com/southampton-bermuda/dining/jasmine/

Not OP but next year I have a Bermuda cruise booked. The popular thing to do is visit Horseshoe Bay. So that's now on my list of what to do. Although I'm still considering the glass bottom boat excursion. What are the pros and cons of that one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter