Bermuda Change in Testing Requirement

As you can see Bermuda is dropping testing for those arriving after 10/25. Curious if DCL will bump the Magic's end of testing up now to match.

Well, at least we don't all have to pay $40 for the 10/31 cruise, no matter what DCL does. That's a win!

Thank you all.
So just summarizing, as DW and I are on Oct 31st sailing:
1) We don't need to submit 2-day prior official testing results
2) We don't need to submit documentation of travel insurance (which we will have)
3) We DO have to pay the $40 each to get our "Bermuda Travel Authorization" which is on their website https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation,
4) After noting that we are arriving by cruise ship, and departing via the Magic on Oct 31st, I get the below version of the form which does NOT ask me for "1)" or "2)" and only asks for copies of my and my wife's vaccination record.

1664574066781.png

Did you call Disney about the pre-testing? The website is still reflecting that we have to complete a test two days prior.

Thank you all.
So just summarizing, as DW and I are on Oct 31st sailing:
1) We don't need to submit 2-day prior official testing results
2) We don't need to submit documentation of travel insurance (which we will have)
3) We DO have to pay the $40 each to get our "Bermuda Travel Authorization" which is on their website https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation,
4) After noting that we are arriving by cruise ship, and departing via the Magic on Oct 31st, I get the below version of the form which does NOT ask me for "1)" or "2)" and only asks for copies of my and my wife's vaccination record.

View attachment 706809
You never had to submit test results. The cruise line handles that for you. You only need to submit proof of travel insurance if you aren't vaccinated.

I'm not sure if we'll need authorizations for the October 31 cruise, though. The website just says this:

"All travellers arriving October 25 2022 onwards will no longer require a pre-travel test, arrival test nor a day 4 test. Unvaccinated non-resident travellers will still be required to upload valid proof of travel health insurance to enter Bermuda."

It doesn't say that vaccinated travelers will need to submit proof of vaccination and it doesn't mention the authorizations at all.

So, I'm going to wait a week or two to see what Bermuda and Disney say about it.

Did you call Disney about the pre-testing? The website is still reflecting that we have to complete a test two days prior.
Disney hasn't updated their website yet to reflect the new policy. I know people in our cruise group (Oct 26th sailing) were planning on calling this week, with the assumption Disney may not have had time yet due to hurricane shuffling.

So I also will be sailing on 31 October and if they don’t require our vaccination documents, sounds like they just want to charge us all an extra 40 bucks each. Hope it changes before then, really don’t want to give the Bermuda my VISA numbers

So I also will be sailing on 31 October and if they don’t require our vaccination documents, sounds like they just want to charge us all an extra 40 bucks each. Hope it changes before then, really don’t want to give the Bermuda my VISA numbers
Well, they do require your vaccination documents. That's the problem. Hopefully, that changes before October 31. It's not clear what happens on October 26, though. The website says that unvaccinated people still need proof of medical insurance, but it doesn't say anything about travel authorizations for vaccinated people. On the other hand, you can apply for a travel authorization for the October 26th and October 31st cruises, which suggests that they'll still be necessary and that we'll all be paying the ridiculous $40 fee. :(

We are considering booking one of the last two sailings but I would really like to know if Disney will be dropping their testing requirement. Not sure if it is worth the extra testing hassle for us but need to book soon or never.

I called Disney and they said they still planned to having the testing requirements on the Oct 26th sailing despite Bermuda changing their rules.

I called Disney and they said they still planned to having the testing requirements on the Oct 26th sailing despite Bermuda changing their rules.
And the shoreside CMs will continue saying that until Disney changes the policy, and probably for a day or so after, too. I'm still hopeful, but not optimistic.

And the shoreside CMs will continue saying that until Disney changes the policy, and probably for a day or so after, too. I'm still hopeful, but not optimistic.

Agreed! They did put me on hold for awhile so I think the CM did try to find out. He was definitely aware that Bermuda changed their rules before I said anything.

Disney hasn't updated their website yet to reflect the new policy. I know people in our cruise group (Oct 26th sailing) were planning on calling this week, with the assumption Disney may not have had time yet due to hurricane shuffling.
They updated it today and it doesn’t specify different policy for pre and post 10/25. That “BEFORE YOU GO,” Bermuda Port page is the most confusing cluster of information. If anyone in your group calls, please post. I’m on 10/31 sailing. Thanks!

They updated it today and it doesn’t specify different policy for pre and post 10/25. That “BEFORE YOU GO,” Bermuda Port page is the most confusing cluster of information. If anyone in your group calls, please post. I’m on 10/31 sailing. Thanks!
People in our cruise group have been calling and the reps all say they haven't been told there is any change to Bermudas policy. When someone complained they were told that Disney looks for #s on this stuff and to ask more people to call in. Ask your cruise group to call in too!

Wow. Ridiculous. The 10/26 and 10/31 sailings should be the same as every other ship since Bermuda has changed. I wonder if travel agencies are advocating or trying to get a straight answer. (Dreams Unlimited?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter